Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by godbreath
Looking to buy a ADB - MUC - AOI ticket with ADB - MUC on Sun Express and MUC - AOI on Lufthansa. I can buy it as one ticket through Lufthansa, but the price is almost $200 more than buying it separately on Sun Express and Lufthansa on two separate tickets.
If I buy it on separate tickets, will I have to pick up my bags in MUC and recheck them in? There is only 1.5hr layover in MUC.
If I buy it one one ticket through Lufthansa, will I earn Star Alliance miles to United for the Sun Express leg?
SunExpress is not part of the Star Alliance thus regardless you fly them on the LH marketing code or the XQ marketing code, you would earn no miles with them. Also you would have no status benefits when flying with SunExpress.

Also, SunExpress is likely to not through check bags on separate tickets but you might try. your luck.

If you wish to avoid the hassle and earn miles, you could fly Lufthansa to/from Izmir rather than SunExpress as they also operate direct flights on that route during the summer.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you wish to avoid the hassle and earn miles, you could fly Lufthansa to/from Izmir rather than SunExpress as they also operate direct flights on that route during the summer.
Sadly the Sunexpress flight is the only one that fits my schedule
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Is there any way to search for award space using Miles and More WITHOUT having a points balance? Website tells me I need at least 7000 miles in my account to be able to run a search.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by daiseee
Is there any way to search for award space using Miles and More WITHOUT having a points balance? Website tells me I need at least 7000 miles in my account to be able to run a search.
Ask someone with the points balance
You cannot book anything without the required points & inventory can go in a flash.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
Ask someone with the points balance
You cannot book anything without the required points & inventory can go in a flash.
I was still under the impression M&M was a Marriott transfer partner, but I see now that was suspended in 2019. Anyone have any inside info on when/ if that's coming back? Seems like it was meant to be a temporary thing but never actually got reinstated.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The lawfirm that started the topic has removed the case from their website, so they must have settled. German customer sues for cash equivalent of miles, M&M suspends hotel point transfers
Old May 2, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: Previously UA 1K, Delta Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Avis First, AA Gold
I haven't been able to find answers to these questions, so I'm hoping someone knows the answer.

I am booking an award flight using Avianca Lifemiles, itinerary will be ABV-FRA-PHL, all on LH. The booking is flexible as far as booking each leg into Y or C. I would like to have, in order of priority, the C baggage allowance (2 bags up to 32kg instead of 2 bags up to 23kg) and lounge access in FRA. Booking ABV-FRA in C is slightly cheaper than booking FRA-PHL in C, and either is cheaper than booking the entire itinerary in C (and more expensive than booking all in Y).

Which cabin combinations will give me the higher baggage allowance, and which will give me lounge access in FRA?

I flew this once in the reverse direction and was in C on the first leg into FRA, and the lounge agent told me I couldn't use the lounge because my flight out of FRA was not in C (but I did get the C baggage allowance in that case). But I don't know if maybe that was just an agent's mistake.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by oreozp
Which cabin combinations will give me the higher baggage allowance, and which will give me lounge access in FRA?

Book the whole thing in C.

I flew this once in the reverse direction and was in C on the first leg into FRA, and the lounge agent told me I couldn't use the lounge because my flight out of FRA was not in C (but I did get the C baggage allowance in that case). But I don't know if maybe that was just an agent's mistake.
As far as the lounge access goes, that's correct. Your departing BP needs to be eligible.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: Previously UA 1K, Delta Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Avis First, AA Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso

Book the whole thing in C.

As far as the lounge access goes, that's correct. Your departing BP needs to be eligible.

Thank you! But if all I wanted was the extra baggage allowance and didn't care so much about lounge access, just the first leg would need to be in C, correct?
Old May 2, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
How can you search for LH first class availability. Would it show on the united website if there was any?
Old May 2, 2022, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by oreozp
Thank you! But if all I wanted was the extra baggage allowance and didn't care so much about lounge access, just the first leg would need to be in C, correct?
I'm not 100% sure tbh. There is a thing called "most significant carrier rule" whereby you'd probably be ok, but I'm not sure I'd want to risk that kind of discussion with an agent at a (minor) outstation. Maybe someone more experienced will give you better information!
Old May 2, 2022, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
How can you search for LH first class availability. Would it show on the united website if there was any?
Yes, at T-14.
Old May 3, 2022, 2:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Red259
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...tner-ffps.html
Old May 3, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
I was looking up a flight on Expert Flyer's website, and they showed certain seat availabilities in some of the cheaper booking classes for business (e.g. Z/P), but when going onto the Lufthansa website, I cannot find these cheaper booking classes, only D.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Or do I need to call up their hotline to get these cheaper booking classes?
Old May 3, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MasterGberry
I was looking up a flight on Expert Flyer's website, and they showed certain seat availabilities in some of the cheaper booking classes for business (e.g. Z/P), but when going onto the Lufthansa website, I cannot find these cheaper booking classes, only D.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Or do I need to call up their hotline to get these cheaper booking classes?
I actually think I can answer my own question (would love a second opinion though). The problem is some segments have Z/P, and some are only available in D. So by default, the airline assigns a complete flight path in D, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.