FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:52 pm
Flauschie_Mr

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Hi All,

Seeking some advice on my situation here. We booked BER-FRA-IAD. Last thursday BER-FRA got cancelled and there was no option to fly to IAD that day. After a lot of confusion and missinformation at the airport I opted for HAM-FRA-IAD (also to avoid BER) the comming tuesday. However, I never received a confirmation email. I called back saturday to follow up on this and was told that my flight was not ticketed but that the booking is confirmed. I find that confusing.

Anyways, most features in the booking on LH.de are disabled due to that, including seat selection. I'm travelling with my 3 year old and we are flying PE. The PE cabin is filling up quickly (4 seats left according to the seatmap) and there is a chance we might not be able to sit together. Also, online checkin is not working for us because the checkin agents need to check all the documents required for US travel at the airport.

What are my options / what is reasonable to ask for if the PE cabin fills up or we cannot sit together? Can I asked to be bumped up to business if two seats next to each other are available there? What if they offer me the late afternoon FRA-IAD flight instead. Is that then a case for compensations since I'll be arriving over 4 hours late? If put in economy is that then a case of involuntary downgrade, and if so, what is the compensation there?

Update: I called the LH service center to find out what going on with this and got contradicting answers. Once I was told that this booking is not valid and twice I was told not to worry all good.

Last edited by Flauschie_Mr; Jul 31, 2021 at 11:06 pm Reason: Update