Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by csb001
Thanks for the reply, however in my case it’s an award flight all together and not an upgrade. The M&M site still shows availability, however we’re still waitlisted.
What would be the decision point to drop the F booking and just get a confirmed ticket in C?
It should not matter because for award redemption or voucher upgrade there must be O class availability. Give them a reminder call, so revenue team may release those seats. I am not flying in LH long haul business, so not a good advisor when to drop the booking. I would stick with that, especially when the availability is good.
Edit: There is O availability and A8, therefore the M&M customer service agent should confirm that upgrade immediately.

Last edited by Jaenks; Sep 4, 2023 at 5:20 pm
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:54 am

There are separate buckets for award and upgrade.
If an award is available it does not mean that also an upgrade is possible (and vice versa).
athome likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Is it true that award inventory is based on departure > destination city combinations and NOT on specific flights? As I was told this on the MM hotline... I am looking for award space on SIN>FRA on January 2nd, this shows nothing, but when I put in SIN>FRA>IST for the exact dates, voila, it is there....
This was reproduced on the MM hotline as well and I was told award inventory is not per flight, rather on the combination of departure > destination airport, which honestly left me puzzled....

Old Sep 7, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by matio_svk
Is it true that award inventory is based on departure > destination city combinations and NOT on specific flights? As I was told this on the MM hotline... I am looking for award space on SIN>FRA on January 2nd, this shows nothing, but when I put in SIN>FRA>IST for the exact dates, voila, it is there....
This was reproduced on the MM hotline as well and I was told award inventory is not per flight, rather on the combination of departure > destination airport, which honestly left me puzzled....
Yes, this is "married segment" availability.

M&M don't offer an award SIN-FRA because they would rather have your 💰

However they are unlikely to be able to sell you SIN to IST via one of their hubs, the back tracking is a bit much, so they are happy to offer that up as a married segment award. Even if they won't offer awards for the individual segments on their own.
chris63 and matio_svk like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 2:55 pm

Thanks, I was originally looking for SIN>FRA>VIE but that was also unavailable, even if FRA>VIE was available but later I found SIN>FRA>BUD to be availble as well, talk about complexity
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Just book the award to IST or BUD or whereover, and drop the last segment when/if there is a schedule change - or on the day of traveling you don't feel well to take the last leg of itinerary.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Just book the award to IST or BUD or whereover, and drop the last segment when/if there is a schedule change - or on the day of traveling you don't feel well to take the last leg of itinerary.
I need to get to VIE, so BUD is not that bad,
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: EK, AS
I'm interested in getting the new credit card with the bonus 100k miles with an eye toward building up enough miles for 6 rt from US east coast to Vienna next year. What is availability like on Austrian in J for direct flights from US? How many miles rt? Fuel surcharges? I don't have any miles so it won't let me search
Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
[dunno if this is the right thread]

I booked a long haul award flight with MM in J.
The outbound is with TK.
I want to modify seats and personalise food menu, as one of us has some allergies.

Question: where can I do that?

My booking shows on lh.com, but I get this message (is the same section for food selection):

On https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...anage-booking/, my MM booking number (which starts with "Q") is not recognized.

I guess I can call TK directly. I have no experience in doing so.
I don't think SEN have a special line with them.

Besides calling MM, any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2023, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by st8dm
[[i]dunno if this is the right thread]

I booked a long haul award flight with MM in J.
The outbound is with TK.
I want to modify seats and personalise food menu, as one of us has some allergies.

Question: where can I do that?

My booking shows on lh.com, but I get this message (is the same section for food selection):

On https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...anage-booking/, my MM booking number (which starts with "Q") is not recognized.

I guess I can call TK directly. I have no experience in doing so.
I don't think SEN have a special line with them.

Besides calling MM, any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Download the TK app. There's an option to input your ticket number and last name and add seats that way. The website seems fairly useless and buggy, whereas the app is merely buggy!
st8dm likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by mogi67
Download the TK app. There's an option to input your ticket number and last name and add seats that way. The website seems fairly useless and buggy, whereas the app is merely buggy!
mogi67 many thanks!! it worked!

this forum never cease to amaze me! the users here are by far the most knowledgeable crowd I've ever met.

It was, however, necessary to call MM once, to retrieve my TK booking code. But now the selections are done.

thanks again!!
mogi67 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by Inter_0perative
I'm interested in getting the new credit card with the bonus 100k miles with an eye toward building up enough miles for 6 rt from US east coast to Vienna next year. What is availability like on Austrian in J for direct flights from US? How many miles rt? Fuel surcharges? I don't have any miles so it won't let me search
EWR-VIE return on OS in business is 112k miles plus 2010$ surcharges or 155k miles plus 72$ tax. Occasionally they have discounted award offers, there you will be charged 55k + 2010$ in surcharges.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Do they allow to hold an F award for some days if I call them? I mean I would have read this, but I am not sure. No SEN and no HON.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
EWR-VIE return on OS in business is 112k miles plus 2010$ surcharges
2010 USD in YQ/tax/surcharges ? Jesus....You would be able to buy a revenue C/J ticket ex. Europe to EWR for that amount.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Enskie
Do they allow to hold an F award for some days if I call them? I mean I would have read this, but I am not sure. No SEN and no HON.
No chance.

Even SEN and HON would probably be told no.
Enskie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.