Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Does SN allow lap infants in business class? I am using AC miles to book SN J for two adults USD-BRU-FCO, and I can see availability in J, but when I add a lap infant to my search all of a sudden there's no availability. What's the best way to go about doing this? Book using AC miles for adult and then call SN to add lap infant?
No problem flying with a lap infant on SN business, we flew 2 adults + infant in June.
Unfortunately, booking an award flight on a partner airline with an infant is often a headache, see this thread for instance.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Adding an Infant to a non LH group award ticket is tricky and best avoided: Adding infant onto an award or revenue ticket
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:16 pm

I’m looking to book a reward flight from fra/muc to Del, but it looks Lufthansa doesn’t have anything (!) open in business class for the foreseeable future. Is this normal? Or would anyone have insight why that is the case?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 4:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by fereke
No problem flying with a lap infant on SN business, we flew 2 adults + infant in June.
Unfortunately, booking an award flight on a partner airline with an infant is often a headache, see this thread for instance.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Adding an Infant to a non LH group award ticket is tricky and best avoided: Adding infant onto an award or revenue ticket
I'm not getting any conclusive findings from this thread aside from it's a pain to add an infant... still seems possible though?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
I'm not getting any conclusive findings from this thread aside from it's a pain to add an infant... still seems possible though?
It is technically possible but in practice good luck reaching an agent willing and able to add the infant... Especially given the level of stress on CS at the moment.

If you can get your hand on miles&more rather than AC miles, then booking adults and infant at once will be a much easier call.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Is THAI now also removed from the M&M search engine?
I know you have to call in for SQ availability (which was a few years back perfectly visible online), but it seems also the TG flights are now removed when searching online. I do find plenty of X & I availability on the UA website, but nothing on M&M...
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by janvdr
Is THAI now also removed from the M&M search engine?
I know you have to call in for SQ availability (which was a few years back perfectly visible online), but it seems also the TG flights are now removed when searching online. I do find plenty of X & I availability on the UA website, but nothing on M&M...
Pre pandemic both SQ & TG were available to book online, certainly nothing showing at the moment, since your SEN why don’t you email M&M they do reply to SEN & HON promptly & let us know ?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was researching award flights to Asia in late September yesterday, for example SIN and DPS, and I was expecting to find all sorts of availability across different airlines. But the only airline showing any availability was Thai. Getting in and out of DPS at the end of September on an award ticket seems to be mostly impossible (although there was a little availablity on TG around the 20th September). TBH I was hoping to find something with Asiana so I can give them a try before they are merged into Korean Air (on this subject it seems to be impossible to make itineraries that continue onto Korean domestic flights, perhaps because of the airport change in Seoul).

Last edited by Concerto; Jul 15, 2022 at 5:31 am Reason: typos
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by chris63
Pre pandemic both SQ & TG were available to book online, certainly nothing showing at the moment, since your SEN why don’t you email M&M they do reply to SEN & HON promptly & let us know ?
I send them a message - curious how long it will take for them to reply. Will report back.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Concerto
I was researching award flights to Asia in late September yesterday, for example SIN and DPS, and I was expecting to find all sorts of availability across different airlines. But the only airline showing any availability was tie. Getting in and out of DPS at the end of September on an award ticket seems to be mostly impossible (although there was a little availablity on TG around the 20th September). TBH I was hoping to find something with Asiana so I can give them a try before they are merged into Korean Air (on thus subject it seems to be impossible to make itineraries that continue onto Korean domestic flights, perhaps because of the airport change in Seoul).
I may have to go the other way around from SIN-Germany-SIN and it is quite bad if you are looking for Biz. Eco on TG pops up a fair bit, but no TK, very few TG Biz, the odd LH maybe very short notice, maybe the odd sprinkling of BR for some of the routes they run via BKK and Europe. Very, very few seats.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TusCOPlat
Can anyone provide insight into the chances of business class award availability (all miles) opening for two passengers on September 20, from BOS to MUC? We need to book via United, as we are both 1K, and all our miles reside with United. As of this writing, there are economy seats available at 33K miles each showing on the United MP website for the 20th. We are currently flying BOS-LHR on the 20th with United, in Polaris, and connecting on Lufthansa at 1:50 pm on the 21st in business. I was hoping to avoid the connection and fly non-stop BOS to MUC.
LH seem to be being particularly stingy during Octoberfest on flights to/from MUC in premium cabins. I would assume this won’t happen and make other plans.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by demue
I may have to go the other way around from SIN-Germany-SIN and it is quite bad if you are looking for Biz. Eco on TG pops up a fair bit, but no TK, very few TG Biz, the odd LH maybe very short notice, maybe the odd sprinkling of BR for some of the routes they run via BKK and Europe. Very, very few seats.
What makes it weird is that UA shows plenty of seats available on their website.. I thought M&M would at least have the same availability for carriers like TG
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Bizarrely though, I am seeing TG, almost exclusively. It's all the other ones which seem to be absent.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:00 am

Bizarrely though, I am seeing TG, almost exclusively. It's all the other ones which seem to be absent.
That's correct - I digged into the problem and found that everything is available in 2022, but from 2023 nothing anymore (while both the UA website and EF show availability)
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
But mostly Y for TG right? Biz very few seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.