Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I have a 3 region award with inbound A-B-C-D-E. There is now a shorter routing available namely A-B-D-E. No changes needed for outbound

Is it possible to just rebook the involved legs and leave everything else intact?

Or will this trigger a new reservation, as mentioned by oliver2002? That scares me...Customer service already messed up several of my revenue bookings in a similar manner

And is the change fee still waived?

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The new rules (that came with free changes in the pandemic) now state that you can change routings and the destination, as long as you stay in the same zone (Europe in your case). Unfortunately that means they will cancel the existing flights and start a new reseravation, ie you may lose your SQ C award space.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 2:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yes you can call in and ask to be rebooked.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 8:40 am

Haven’t Austrian released their long haul fall/winter schedule for next year yet? I’ve been looking for award seats on Dec 1st -23 but haven’t found any. I’ve usually been able to book around 360 days before departure.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
booking award travel as late as possible

Hi there, I was wondering how many hours (or days) before departure you have to book a LH M&M award (international C or F). In the past I got a message that I am too close to the departure time and therefor would like to find out a "hard" number.

Thanks a lot
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by vielflieger
Hi there, I was wondering how many hours (or days) before departure you have to book a LH M&M award (international C or F). In the past I got a message that I am too close to the departure time and therefor would like to find out a "hard" number.

Thanks a lot
In my limited experience, it's a day...but an agent may he able to work around it - definitely not the Philippine call center!
vielflieger likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by vielflieger

Thanks a lot
From the T&C:

2.2 Advance booking period and ticket validity

Your flight awards can be booked up to 361 days before the departure date required. Flight awards are valid up to twelve months from the date of issue.

Your flight award can be booked and issued up to two hours before departure (exception: up to two days before departure with Eurowings).
vielflieger likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

You can book an award on the day of departure. Sadly many agents don't know about it and will direct you to the online booking engine if you calöl within 24h of departure,
vielflieger likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
You can book an award on the day of departure. Sadly many agents don't know about it and will direct you to the online booking engine if you calöl within 24h of departure,
In my app I recall not being able to book same day flights...
vielflieger likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:24 am

M&M awards are best booked online, the app is useless for awards.
vielflieger likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:27 am

M&M awards are best booked online, the app is useless for awards.
The app just redirects to the website in a browser... (within the app)

No different - in my experience.
vielflieger likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
thanks to all for the quick answer and suggestions! Very much appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:41 am

Does M&M have access to greater award availability with United than StarNet shows in I and X?

I'm looking at doing the famous United Island Hopper, and when looking at the M&M website, there's sporadic availability showing for the slightly abbreviated UA132 as opposed for the 'full' UA154 service which doesn't show on Expertflyer. Nothing at all in business, but that's to be expected I guess.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 3:10 am

One more related question to my previous post, will M&M allow a Europe to Hawaii award via TYO/SEL? I would guess you would need to call to book, but distance wise it's not much different to going via North America.

Edited to add, just read about a 3 region award, so that answers my question. However if availability is limited on a sector, can you book into 'X' class (i.e. mixed cabin), and pay the full business class rate. If 'I' opens up later, call in and pay the €50 change fee to have that sector confirmed into business too?

Last edited by Dave_C; Dec 24, 2022 at 3:43 am
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: LO
Dave_C I did sth like that in 2019, if still the same rules apply, you should be able to do that.
Dave_C likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:34 am

Unfortunately, most probably I'll have to cancel my SQ award flight in J. According to MM call centre, apart from typical cancellation before the date of flight, I could also do it within 2 years after the date of flight. Could you please explain to me, if there're any benefits attached to this second method? Is there any potential situation, when it is recommended to take advantage of such delayed cancellation (instead of cancellation before the flight)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.