M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by matio_svk
Thanks, but I cannot afford to wait lastminute, as I have to book hotels etc... and I checked lastminute LH+LX flights from DXB to Europe and even there the avaibility is nada.. Seems I will have to take TK
If you would be using LH M&M miles to book TK award flights for say DXB-IST-FRA and later there are available seats on direct flight DXB-FRA then it is possible to switch against a 50 per ticket (so for each of the 5 pax) fee. IIRC, that part is allowed even after the award is ticketed as long as you change from connecting flight to direct with same start and end point. YMMV
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The change fee is currently waived, so as long as O&D stay the same you can change anytime availability opens up.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Hmm, good point, that would work, thanky you, but unfortunately MM only has 4 seats available (DXB>IST>VIE), so my plan is to book 4 pieces on MM and the 5th piece on TK, as it seems that TK has more award seats available.... Is it possible to book 4 in C and 1 one in Eco under a single reservation with MM? That would give me flexibility and in the worst case, cancel the eco seat and book C on TK late. Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Hello all,

I'm trying to book an award, at least for me, ideally for me + missus. I'm still *G and may apply 50% companion.

Ideal outbound: FRA
Ideal inbound: SFO
Ideal dates: 07/10/23 - 21/10/23

Flexibility extended to
Departure anywhere from DE, F, LUX, B, NL, CH, A, H, PL.
Destination South-West Coast: SAN, LAX, SJC, SFO, OAK, SMF.
Period: 2 weeks, must be there from 8-OCT-23 to 14-OCT-23.

We only consider J. No PE, no Eco. I don't dream of A, but I'll take it if the opportunity presents itself.

My extended searches (109 until now) have led to disappointing results. There is a flight on 17/10, but I must be there on 8th - so is no good.
Eventually, I can leave much earlier, like 30/09, but no results on that period either.
Realistically, I expect some availability from German airports to SFO. LAX seems harder to book.
But I've run a full search, including
a) all German airports vs all possible destinations
b) all major airports from the above-mentioned countries vs only SFO/LAX.
109 searches, nothing which may suit me.

On a separate note: the March bargain lists SFO as a discounted J destination 15/06-31/07 with only 55k, but even that's impossible to find.
All quotes are 112k. And it wouldn't match my extended criteria anyway, but I was curious if that actually exists. It seems to be just a unicorn.

I'll take any advice.
Do you think I have better luck if I call the SEN line?

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, call the SEN line to get waitlisted. It should clear if D class available.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Hi all,

I feel dumb every time I try to book an award but the thousand of rules and the ...... M&M platform doesn't help.

I'm trying to book an award for both my parents (they have 255k miles) for a CH to DEN flight (in Eco+ or Biz) for September but with the trick of getting a return ticket six weeks later (which is not possible right?), and obviously ideally flexible (well parents).

Is there a way to go about this through the M&M platform ? Should I just call - would there more availabilty ? Should I book a normal eco flight and upgrade with miles ?

Would be grateful for tips. Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Call in, they will help you. You can return within a year and changing is free for now.
Mr.Potato likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 9:44 am

You could also book two one-ways. Disadvantages: double the cost for cancellation, also higher taxes for the ex-US flight. But keep in mind that your parents most likely need a return flight for US immigration.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Call in, they will help you. You can return within a year and changing is free for now.
Well well, called and not a single flight to DEN in September or October in any class of travel. Is that weird ?
Squerez likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait for seats to be released closer to depature.
Mr.Potato likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 4:40 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Hi everyone, this post is to ask if something has changed in award availability (MIles&More on LH flights).

I usually booked awards on M&M website with 8 to 11 months advance but I noticed that most of flights between FRA and Spain (AGP or SVQ to name few) from JANUARY 2024 till latest dates available (APRIL/MAY 2024) do NOT show any availability (ECO or BIZ).
To me it sounds strange because until few weeks ago there was plenty on March 2024 : now the month has disappeared from booking "offers" shown under booking mask....
Even if I am aware of the existence of a big German community in Southern Spain, it sounds incredible there are just few flights left in January 2024 and nothing after while you can obviously buy flights (without using points/miles) until early May 2024 .
Do they upload availabilities to some routes much later than in the past?
Old May 15, 2023, 4:40 am

Hi everyone, do you think these changes in Status qualification (and related booking fares) is holding LH to release M&M award tickets availabilities in early 2024 in LH flights?

In theory this should not be the case but maybe they are rethinking the whole fares system and so the "leftovers" like the awards.
I ask you this because I noticed that most of flights between FRA and Spain (AGP or SVQ to name few) from JANUARY 2024 till latest dates available (APRIL/MAY 2024) do NOT show any availability (ECO or BIZ).
To me it sounds strange because until few weeks ago there was plenty on March 2024 : now the month has disappeared from booking "offers" shown under booking mask....
Even if I am aware of the existence of a big German community in Southern Spain, it sounds incredible there are just few flights left in January 2024 and nothing after while you can obviously buy flights (without using points/miles) until early May 2024 .
Are they uploading availabilities to some routes much later than in the past?
Anyone else noticed it?
Old May 15, 2023, 5:24 am

Award inventory is first loaded 300 days out. That said the W23/24 schedule has not been firmed yet and LH will finalise it only in late August 23 for the first 3 months and then do another cut in late October 2023 for the second half of W23/24. Award seats usually only show up after that. AGP is a prime destination for awards and sells out fast. My colleague who is a FTL and has a holiday home in Malaga complains all the time that he can't find tickets below 300€ on LH and no awards. And this is outside of peak vacation travel. He usually ends up on LX via ZRH/GVA.
Squerez likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 6:41 am

Award inventory is first loaded 300 days out. That said the W23/24 schedule has not been firmed yet and LH will finalise it only in late August 23 for the first 3 months and then do another cut in late October 2023 for the second half of W23/24. Award seats usually only show up after that. AGP is a prime destination for awards and sells out fast. My colleague who is a FTL and has a holiday home in Malaga complains all the time that he can't find tickets below 300 on LH and no awards. And this is outside of peak vacation travel. He usually ends up on LX via ZRH/GVA.
Thanks for the hints. Last two years I always booked in June for the following Spring. It was outside peak season but also just after pandemic. I may imagine things are changing fast. I will follow and keep posted if I have useful updates for everyone looking for similar flights.
Old May 15, 2023, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AGP is a prime destination for awards and sells out fast. My colleague who is a FTL and has a holiday home in Malaga complains all the time that he can't find tickets below 300€ on LH and no awards. And this is outside of peak vacation travel. He usually ends up on LX via ZRH/GVA.
Yeah, another big player, FR also seems to be able to get away with charging high fares on their flights Northern Europe-AGP flights (whereas Seville and Alicante is often considerably cheaper)
Squerez likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.