Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, I guess it helps to go back to Page 1 of this thread and read again. I could have saved typing out my post above.

Can I change the dates and the routing on my award, or do I need to cancel and book again?
For normal (Flex Awards), date changes can be done for a change fee even after travel has begun, however routing changes are not permitted. The only exception is changing from a 2-segment to the direct flight. eg: ZRH-MUC-SFO to ZRH-SFO. For all other changes in routing you will have to cancel the award and issue a new one.

Fair enough, however, I was told I could change FRA-LEJ to FRA-AMS resulting in SIN-FRA-AMS instead of SIN-FRA-LEJ. If that is not permitted I would have to drop FRA-LEJ as we need to be in AMS first, but that doesn't follow above guidance and it sounds like only way to get to AMS then would be to score (SQ) SIN-AMS direct which is not likely.

So as a last resort, could I move the date of FRA-LEJ to later and turn the connection in FRA into a stopover instead and do SIN-FRA // FRA-LEJ // MUC-SIN then? We could take the ICE between FRA-AMS-FRA if that was possible.

Our long-haul inbound (to FRA) and outbound (from MUC) are on SQ in Biz for 2 pax and I'd really not want to cancel those as they are hard to come by and right now the outbound doesn't even have alternate options. Thank you.

Last edited by demue; Aug 26, 2022 at 3:50 am
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The new rules (that came with free changes in the pandemic) now state that you can change routings and the destination, as long as you stay in the same zone (Europe in your case). Unfortunately that means they will cancel the existing flights and start a new reseravation, ie you may lose your SQ C award space.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks Oliver. I tried another agent just a minute ago and learned two things - 1) I can drop FRA-LEJ and 2) I can move FRA-LEJ to another date making it a stopover in FRA so to say. Hope this is correct as I have been told various versions on this by different agents.

Well, of course, on top of it Philippines CC seems to come into play again where they don't show even remotely the same availability in Biz or Eco for the FRA-LEJ (standalone) flight versus M&M site and only have 1 seat in Biz (nothing in Eco even) on the day we would want to travel (only at 6:55am - yikes) while M&M shows every one of the 4-5 direct flights that day as available in Eco & Biz for >2 pax. Not sure this is the good old POS issue as it shouldn't be anything related to married segment.

Additionally, M&M CC agents (at least in Philippines) seem unable to book the train segments on DB as well, e.g. no FRA-IXT either. Oh well.

So I decided to leave it as it is for now and hope later on in a few months some more FRA-LEJ may appear on the day we need or that I can drop FRA-LEJ if really nothing works.

As you said, I really don't want to lose the SQ C seats as in addition to being superior to LH C they come without around 250 Euro YQ per pax per way so 1,000 Euro altogether.

Last edited by demue; Aug 26, 2022 at 4:46 am
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by demue
Assuming step 1) would be permitted and I don't do 2), could I add AMS-XXX-LEJ on a different day in between inbound to FRA and return from MUC? --> resulting in SIN-FRA // AMS-XXX-LEJ // MUC-SIN
This is def. not allowed (surface segment). It will result in AMS-LEJ being prices separately.

Don't touch the reservation. There is also the possibility of a cancellation or reschedule of the FRA-LEJ leg, which puts you in a very different position.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
This is def. not allowed (surface segment). It will result in AMS-LEJ being prices separately.

Don't touch the reservation. There is also the possibility of a cancellation or reschedule of the FRA-LEJ leg, which puts you in a very different position.
Thank you, I figured as much by now. It could work for a new booking I think (I have done similar before), but definitely not as a change to existing M&M booking. I'll leave it for now as you said and try to either move FRA-LEJ to a later date or drop it altogether when the time comes.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

last week I booked a M&M award on THY.

The dates I originally wanted were not available but today I have seen availability and I have contacted M&M.

They have informed that to change the dates I need to pay the 50€ fee, but when I start the booking process I get the following message:

I am missing something? When I insisted in this point the agent just hanged out the call.

thanks!

edit - could be that it is free of charge for tickets booked before the mentioned date?

Last edited by more4less; Aug 29, 2022 at 8:30 am Reason: Add info
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No the change fee is currently waived. Call the German SEN line.
more4less likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by more4less
I am missing something? When I insisted in this point the agent just hanged out the call.
Philippines call center?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Philippines call center?
I understand it was the spanish call Center but really no idea.

I tried also a German number and the agent told me that I could change the booking online but it does not give me this option.
A bit frustrating all the process.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 2:22 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Tried to book an award itin earlier today:

ARN SK OSL SK EVE // KRN SK ARN

Saw availability when I searched one way for both directions, got an error (no availability) when I searched the entire itin as open jaw.

Called in, agent (Berlin) saw availability as well but couldn't price it in a single reservation. Ended up booking two one way awards, despite the fact that I would be liable to pay 2x €50 in case I need to cancel this part of the trip. All the SK fares I was able to book online without using a proper TA were non refundable (or darn expensive) so I bite the bullet accepting the extra €50 penalty over being stuck with (a) nonrefundable ticket(s).

Does anybody have an idea why such an itin wouldn't price out in one reservation?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is it possible to book Turkish Airlines award flights on the M&M site at the moment, or is it necessary to call? I went back a few weeks in this thread and there seemed to be issues with a number of partner airlines not showing up on searches. One poster booked TK flights and was looking to change them, but it's not clear whether he called in to make the booking or did it on the site.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:11 am

I booked a TK Biz one-way Europe to SE Asia online using LH M&M miles just this week (not like there were many options available). Aside from YQ being atrocious it was smooth. I had to call in later though to get the TK PNR reference as the LH one won't work (different reservation systems) and one cannot assign seats otherwise on TK (used TK Android app). YMMV.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Is it possible to book Turkish Airlines award flights on the M&M site at the moment, or is it necessary to call? I went back a few weeks in this thread and there seemed to be issues with a number of partner airlines not showing up on searches. One poster booked TK flights and was looking to change them, but it's not clear whether he called in to make the booking or did it on the site.
A few weeks ago I booked a return ticket from Bcn to Adana, via Ist, in Biz, with no issues.

Next time I will try to remember demue advise re PNR.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR

Well, the schedule change came sooner than expected as SQ re-timed their SQ326 flight from SIN- FRA from 13:55 to now 10:55 departure. So I used that opportunity to call in and make a change.

For starters, as always with the PH CC, this whole POS and availability issue is more than annoying, they can't see most of the intra-Germany or intra-Europe connections that one can see via LH M&M with a German POS. WTH LH, really?

First I tried my luck to change the FRA-LEJ on the day after our arrival in FRA to FRA-AMS (as there is a 21:00 flight LH1002) that we could now make a connection with. No availability for 2 pax, not in Biz and not even in Eco. Plus the agent said that this is probably not allowed, but she was willing to check with a supervisor due to the schedule change. Anyways, a dead end.

There was also no availability on the last FRA-LEJ flight on Sat night so instead I asked for the existing Sun morning FRA-LEJ to be dropped as we definitely prefer to go to AMS first now. Agent wasn't sure that is possible, but I assured her it was and she went to ask and yes it was permitted so we did that. At least no 50€ change fee (x2) though I'm unsure I'll see a refund for extra YQ and taxes for FRA-LEJ.

The agent mentioned I did not have to drop the FRA-LEJ segment and could use the flight later on out of sequence which was news to me and sounded a bit risky. She said just tell check in staff you won't be using it (which would be SQ staff in SIN) or maybe she meant LH staff in FRA after arriving, but I didn't want to risk being considered a "no show" for FRA-LEJ and then have our SQ MUC-SIN cancelled for a simple intra-Germany flight.

E-ticket revalidated I think and now showing without FRA-LEJ and our two SQ flights in Biz are safe and fine. Decent enough outcome I guess. Heading to AMS I'll either buy it standalone from LH for 120€ (the Sat night flight) as Eco Classic or take ICE the next morning for 70€ or so in 1st Class when bought in advance (nonstop train from FRA Airport). Not fully optimized as a redemption, but 2x SQ Biz without YQ is good enough for us.

Last edited by demue; Oct 7, 2022 at 12:47 am
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
How much is the cancellation fee for an M&M award booking currently?

Last edited by bellerophontes; Oct 7, 2022 at 4:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.