Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can no show for awards and still get a refund of your miles. Cancelling a reservation before departure is just common courtesy to the operating airline to allow them to plan better.
chris63 and tropikey like this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can no show for awards and still get a refund of your miles. Cancelling a reservation before departure is just common courtesy to the operating airline to allow them to plan better.
And if the seat goes back to award inventory, someone might grab it.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
And if the seat goes back to award inventory, someone might grab it.
You will also get your miles and fees back sooner.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:53 am

Thank you all
So, it seems that delayed/postponed cancelation of award is intended mainly for someone who has forgotten to do it before the flight, although someone unkind (for the airline) will also use this method gladly

Last edited by tropikey; Jan 9, 2023 at 8:01 am
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: LH SEN *
I might think of one benefit only: someone (desperately) trying to "lock" the miles which would otherwise expire.
In theory, you can make an award booking more or less a year ahead, and cancel the booking after another 2 years, which, in total, would extend your expiring miles for up to almost 3 years.
The question is if the already expired miles will be returned indeed (I guess not after such a long time since they expired), and even if they are returned, you must probably utilize them again on the same day when they appear in your account.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

You have to use the refunded miles in one transaction else they expire instantly.
mario_s and andywaw like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:18 am

Programs: LH FTL
Hello !
i would like to rebook a business flex plus award - i see available flights online , however agent on CZ SEN Hotline claims theres no availability..
so my option are
1. to cancel the award for 50€ (would it be 50€ for two people on 1 reservation? ) and book online again ?
2. It’s stated online in my reservation that rebooking is free from 2.8.2021 due to COVID .. is it still true ?
3. call the German SEN hotline ? However i can’t find the number online it only shows the CZ number
4. Agent suggested to wait 10 days for awards to open up but I’d rather not risk it ..
What would you guys do in this case ?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 1:23 am

Call M&M Germany SEN

Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: LH FTL
Call M&M Germany SEN

Worked like a charm without a rebooking fee .. thank you very much !!
Old Jan 31, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
had the same problem recently. After going back and forth a couple times the agent switched „country“ for the award search and bingo the award was visible to him and he could rebook it 👍
Old Feb 5, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: LO
hello, my SEN expires this month. If I book the Companion Awards tickets this month, can I rebook them with the same amount of miles later this year?
Old Feb 5, 2023, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by mario_s
hello, my SEN expires this month. If I book the Companion Awards tickets this month, can I rebook them with the same amount of miles later this year?
To my knowledge you should be able to make date changes, even connecting airport changes. If you change more you need to cancel the award, redeposit the miles and start fresh. In that case you would not get the companion award.
mario_s likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
How (un)realistic is, that LH will release additional premium award space from DXB for November/December?
I was lucky enough to score 5 Award tickets in C for MUC>DXB in mid November, but the return is trickier.... Currently I cannot find a single C seat from DXB to Europe (Fra/Muc/Zrh) on LH/LX, my return date is fairly flexible (end of NOV, beginning of DEC), but I have no idea if it is worth waiting and hoping to see additional award space to open up...
Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2023, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by matio_svk
How (un)realistic is, that LH will release additional premium award space from DXB for November/December?
I was lucky enough to score 5 Award tickets in C for MUC>DXB in mid November, but the return is trickier.... Currently I cannot find a single C seat from DXB to Europe (Fra/Muc/Zrh) on LH/LX, my return date is fairly flexible (end of NOV, beginning of DEC), but I have no idea if it is worth waiting and hoping to see additional award space to open up...
Thanks
LH usually release extra business class award seats 3-7 days before departure if 4+ seats remain unsold.
I would wait until 7 days before departure.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by Kostya
LH usually release extra business class award seats 3-7 days before departure if 4+ seats remain unsold.
I would wait until 7 days before departure.
Thanks, but I cannot afford to wait lastminute, as I have to book hotels etc... and I checked lastminute LH+LX flights from DXB to Europe and even there the avaibility is nada.. Seems I will have to take TK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.