Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:57 am

Recently (a week ago) I made two separate reservations for 2 pax in March '23: GDN-WAW-LAX in C and LAX-WAW-GDN in C, LO in both cases. As it was impossible to find any availability online, I made these reservations with help of call center. Both of them are on the wait lists, so I have booking numbers but tickets haven't been issued yet, no miles have been taken from my mileage account and my credit card haven't been charged with any fees for these bookings. This's my first booking "affected" by wait list, so it's new experience form me.
As I'm senator, I hoped to receive confirmation (or denial) of both reservations within couple of days but it didn't happen. Unfortunately, I spoke to some people who's bookings were also on LOT's wait list and according to their experiences, confirmation/denial of booking might wait even up to the day of flight (regardless of pax's status), particularly on such route as WAW-LAX-WAW in March (which according to some opinions seem to be quite busy season in LO).
Well, perspective of getting a denial shortly before the flight in March is not, what I'm happy about, so I'm thinking about cancellation of both reservations. The later I get such denial, the more complicated it will be to find alternative awards (not necessarily to US) and to organize the trip (hotels, car rental, etc.). However, before I decide on such cancellation, I'd like to ask for your opinion:
1) what are my chances of getting confirmation of these bookings in reasonable time (from my point of view, "reasonable time" is until the end of September '22)?
2) if I understand correctly that in such case when there's only a reservation number, no tickets have been issued and no miles have been taken from account, cancellation should be free of charge? As far as I understand, I will cancel only a reservation, which is not the same as "Prämienticket"/"Flugprämie" (German version) or "award ticket"/"flight award" (English version), which cancellation implies EUR 50 fee (per ticket).
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
If LO revenue management & their bott think they will sell all the seats on that premium route, then your waitlist won’t clear & yes until it’s a confirmed booking it’s free to cancel.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:36 pm

Is there any easy way to search without having miles in my account currently? (waiting to transfer if there is an option to book)
Looking for VIE/FRA/MUC/? to destination LAX/SFO/SEA etc second week of August... I know, I know.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by jacobslide
Is there any easy way to search without having miles in my account currently? (waiting to transfer if there is an option to book)
Looking for VIE/FRA/MUC/? to destination LAX/SFO/SEA etc second week of August... I know, I know.
Where are you planning to transfer in from?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by jacobslide
Zero chance for those destinations 2nd week of August 2022, for last minute your better off with AV Lifemiles,
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Booked business class tickets via Miles and More website on Lufthansa. Got booking code but unable to see my booking on Lufthansa.com. Tells me that award tickets can be seen on miles and more website, which I do. Question is if I am not able to manage my booking on LH.com, will I be able to check-in online 23 hours before flight? Is that an option on miles and more website?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by mashlakito
Booked business class tickets via Miles and More website on Lufthansa. Got booking code but unable to see my booking on Lufthansa.com. Tells me that award tickets can be seen on miles and more website, which I do. Question is if I am not able to manage my booking on LH.com, will I be able to check-in online 23 hours before flight? Is that an option on miles and more website?
I can see my Business Class award booking on LH site and LH app, I can change seats for every flight etc. And only the very last leg of the reservation is the LH flight:
the booking is on LX - LX - AI - AI - UK - LH.
The reservation can also be found on LX, AI, UK sites and apps. And even on OS site and app.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by andywaw
I can see my Business Class award booking on LH site and LH app, I can change seats for every flight etc. And only the very last leg of the reservation is the LH flight:
the booking is on LX - LX - AI - AI - UK - LH.
The reservation can also be found on LX, AI, UK sites and apps. And even on OS site and app.
Hmm, Strange then how I can't see it. This is what i get

Last edited by mashlakito; Jul 12, 2022 at 1:15 pm
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
I have the same issue with a redemption booking WRO-FRA-HND in January 2023. Can't open the booking on www.lufthansa.com, I'm immediately redirected to the miles and more website.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, Hilton Honors Gold
Future award availability question BOS-MUC

Can anyone provide insight into the chances of business class award availability (all miles) opening for two passengers on September 20, from BOS to MUC? We need to book via United, as we are both 1K, and all our miles reside with United. As of this writing, there are economy seats available at 33K miles each showing on the United MP website for the 20th. We are currently flying BOS-LHR on the 20th with United, in Polaris, and connecting on Lufthansa at 1:50 pm on the 21st in business. I was hoping to avoid the connection and fly non-stop BOS to MUC.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Question is if I am not able to manage my booking on LH.com, will I be able to check-in online 23 hours before flight? Is that an option on miles and more website?
I think you will be able to check in online 23 hrs before the first flight, simply choose "online check in" on LH website and enter your booking code along with your name. It should work.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Awards are booked via the M&M office ID which cannot be viewed on LH.com and the LH app. They plan to resolve this with the new app, so the LX/OS/SN app which is already on the new system shows the award reservations without issues. Checkin works on all channels.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:05 am

I guess, it depends on the airline operating the award flight.
At present, I have 5 bookings including several award flights booked with miles. All of them are in business (SQ, LA) and one in F (LH). Out of these flights, only LH flight in F is not available in LH's app.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: M&M
Hey folks, I had a quick search on the M&M website, but couldn't work this out.
I want to book some award flights either WAW-CPT round trip or WAW-JNB round trips, in PE.
When I select PE in the dropdown, I get no results, only Eco and Biz give results.

Is that because any WAW connecting leg to FRA, MUC etc. doesn't have PE?

If so, Is it possible to book the following using awards as one booking?

WAW-MUC, Eco
WAW-JNB, PE
JNB-WAW, PE
MUC-WAW, Eco

If yes, how? Call centre?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does SN allow lap infants in business class? I am using AC miles to book SN J for two adults USD-BRU-FCO, and I can see availability in J, but when I add a lap infant to my search all of a sudden there's no availability. What's the best way to go about doing this? Book using AC miles for adult and then call SN to add lap infant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.