Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2023, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So I called the 1800 #, I was routed to the Phillipines. I see 2 seats on the exact same flights on the 27th instead of the 29th. The agent says no seats to call back, and that I can cancel if I like. How odd. Cancellation fee is 50 Euros per ticket.
What should I do? HUACA?

If you wish to cancel your flight award ticket, the award miles will be credited back to your mileage account once the cancellation has been completed. Miles cannot be refunded with reduced flight awards.

It is possible to rebook flight award tickets within the validity period for the ticket. You can change the date and time, but not the route. Tickets for Fly Smart flight award and mileage bargains cannot be changed once they have been issued.

Please contact your
Miles & More Service Team if you wish to cancel or rebook a ticket. In both cases a fee of €50 per ticket will be charged; this amount may vary or there may be no fee with some flight awards.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Ok just to update you all, HUACA worked. Flights changed no charges.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by olm022
All changes and cancellations are subject to 50 EUR fee. When pointing that online it says that rebooking is free (cancellation is indeed 50 EUR), the agent mentioned: it was for tickets issued last year. However, online it does not mention this requirement. I did a screenshot of what M&M says re: rebooking (free due to COVID-19 for Flex tickets).
Earlier this week LX SEN hotline informed me that starting August 1st changes are 50€ again, despite what the website says.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by lxfc
Earlier this week LX SEN hotline informed me that starting August 1st changes are 50€ again, despite what the website says.
If that is the case, one wonders what is stopping M&M communicating that to pax….
Old Aug 20, 2023, 2:48 am

Indeed, same here. Award booking, wrong dates (realised immediately), app/website would return a “system error” when attempting to amend, called and got told that I would have been better off cancelling (grace period) free-of-charge as changing the booking would bear the above quoted cost.

G
Old Aug 20, 2023, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by chris63
If that is the case, one wonders what is stopping M&M communicating that to pax….
And what, do something useful for the customer? Are you crazy 😁
pdeut likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
That is interesting. The confirmation page that I see after the payment has been processed and the PNR issued says that the rebooking is free. This is as of today. I wonder how LH will handle this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 5:34 am

[QUOTE=olm022;35512657]That is interesting. The confirmation page that I see after the payment has been processed and the PNR issued says that the rebooking is free. This is as of today. I wonder how LH will handle this.
[/QUOTE

Yes, it makes no sense… the reason I came to be told this information is because I booked a one-way award ticket that I wanted moved 1 week later the next day after booking (new availability opened up that worked better for me) and the agent told me that free rebookings were no longer possible, but since I was still in the grace period of 24h I could cancel the old booking and make a new one…. What an old, archaic, stupid IT system
Old Aug 20, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Call Center told me today that since Monday they are charging the 50EUR change/cancel fee again. back to pre-covid times
Old Aug 21, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: Miles&More/Iberia plus
F-award

Hi I’m trying to put my awardmiles to work and book a SEN companion award in First.

The M&M website shows wide availability to MEX on September 14 and let’s me run through the whole booking process, selecting seats and paying for the taxes.
However after the payment page, it says ‘this ticket cannot be booked online, please contact the service center’.

After several calls with the Service center they only find waitlist availability and have now booked on the waitlist. How big and when are the chances this will clear or should I cut my losses and just book in C?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by csb001
Hi I’m trying to put my awardmiles to work and book a SEN companion award in First.
The M&M website shows wide availability to MEX on September 14 and let’s me run through the whole booking process, selecting seats and paying for the taxes.
However after the payment page, it says ‘this ticket cannot be booked online, please contact the service center’.
After several calls with the Service center they only find waitlist availability and have now booked on the waitlist. How big and when are the chances this will clear or should I cut my losses and just book in C?
Your chances are very high, eight seats available. Your upgrade should clear in a days. You may want to call again but to common Miles&More service center number, not to SEN line. Choose the Central Europe day time for call.
I just finished few hours ago my F upgrade process, was cleared during the phone call, no waitlist. A7/O1 and A8/O4 availability although yesterday was told that there are no upgrade seats available, only waitlist. Competent agents do not work on Sundays.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by HKG1111
Call Center told me today that since Monday they are charging the 50EUR change/cancel fee again. back to pre-covid times
Yes, I had to call and cancel an award booking yesterday and was charged 50EUR per person
Old Aug 25, 2023, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
What about free date changes?
Old Aug 25, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
I was charged 50 EUR on 19 August for a date change keeping the same itinerary
Old Sep 3, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: Miles&More/Iberia plus
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Your chances are very high, eight seats available. Your upgrade should clear in a days. You may want to call again but to common Miles&More service center number, not to SEN line. Choose the Central Europe day time for call.
I just finished few hours ago my F upgrade process, was cleared during the phone call, no waitlist. A7/O1 and A8/O4 availability although yesterday was told that there are no upgrade seats available, only waitlist. Competent agents do not work on Sundays.
Thanks for the reply, however in my case it’s an award flight all together and not an upgrade. The M&M site still shows availability, however we’re still waitlisted.
What would be the decision point to drop the F booking and just get a confirmed ticket in C?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.