Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2023, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Just keep in mind the outrageous YQ and taxes that you pay for awards ex USA. You are not going to like it...
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but... what is the current cost to cancel and redeposit miles, as a SEN?
Also, if I book a companion fare F ticket and the companion ultimately can't travel, any problem cancelling the companion ticket and getting the miles paid for the companion refunded to my account?
Thanks
50 EUR for each change or cancellation per pax, no issue with cancelling partner award, again 50 EUR & the miles will be returned.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Just keep in mind the outrageous YQ and taxes that you pay for awards ex USA. You are not going to like it...
Can you give me an idea of dollar amount for a flight from sfo to akl in January?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Originally Posted by frostin
Can you give me an idea of dollar amount for a flight from sfo to akl in January?
Not many dates available in January and I could only find economy seats. As far as I could see, United flights:
one-way: 40k miles and ~43$ taxes
Round-trip: 80k miles and ~113$ taxes
Old Oct 22, 2023, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by miles_collector
Not many dates available in January and I could only find economy seats. As far as I could see, United flights:
one-way: 40k miles and ~43$ taxes
Round-trip: 80k miles and ~113$ taxes
40k miles not bad. But only United huh? No Air New Zealand?
Old Oct 22, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Originally Posted by frostin
40k miles not bad. But only United huh? No Air New Zealand?
I didn't go day-by-day to see all the options but I would say you have ~10 days with flights available. The day I picked up randomly was a United flight and it's +/- what I told you in taxes
frostin likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by daruda
Anyone able to find Singapore Award Availability?
booked 2days ago 2Biz tickets for August next year with SQ
availibility was good. Guess there is still a difference compare to the online platform....

Online wasnt able to find anything. In the end i called m+m. The Agent was very helpful to find the best routing and timing. Thumbs up.

Have Muc-Sin-Muc booked.
nikolask and miles_collector like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Wanted to share my experience adding an infant to a M&M business class award. After booking the award online, I called the M&M service center and they added the infant. Only taxes were due (about 20 Euros for this MUC-LAX-MUC award on LH metal). It took several calls, but I think this was due to system issues yesterday. Today it only took one call. Gave the phone rep the infant information as well as my credit card info and it was ticketed about three hours later and I received the infant ticket via e-mail.
tmm1012 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I haven't used M&M for awards for ages, but want to finally burn miles on two LH F award seats (SEN companion, but that should not matter).
I called M&M and had them check for inventory. Nothing available to TYO and the agent (apparently a HON agent) told me that the LH F waitlist would only clear on the day of travel for SEN and HON. Booking international travel and not knowing whether we can actually go sounds like a bad idea. She offered me to request two Business seats which I rejected which may be confirmed in the next days.
Is it true that there's no way to clear LH First waitlist requests between now and middle of next year? I know that this was different years ago, but then I haven't been following M&M changes.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I haven't used M&M for awards for ages, but want to finally burn miles on two LH F award seats (SEN companion, but that should not matter).
I called M&M and had them check for inventory. Nothing available to TYO and the agent (apparently a HON agent) told me that the LH F waitlist would only clear on the day of travel for SEN and HON. Booking international travel and not knowing whether we can actually go sounds like a bad idea. She offered me to request two Business seats which I rejected which may be confirmed in the next days.
Is it true that there's no way to clear LH First waitlist requests between now and middle of next year? I know that this was different years ago, but then I haven't been following M&M changes.
that is false information. It can clear any time between now and date of travel. Or never.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 3:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They usually offer to book you into C (using the SEN spl request if no inventory is shown) and WL the F seat. If the F WL doesn't clear you have a seat in business.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
You won't be able to use a companion award, but was looking for the same yesterday. BR seems to have a bit of availability to KIX at the moment. TYO didn't show though
Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:56 pm

I made an award booking today with 2 legs BAH-FRA-RDU in business for 97,000 miles. No where in the booking process did it mention that one of the legs was in economy. This was pretty frustrating as I just purchased the miles from the Bundle and Go promotion they were doing. Is this common for them to hide an economy leg in a business booking? It wouldn't let me choose seats during booking, and I'm 99% sure it did not state economy anywhere until I received the confirmation email.

I then call to cancel and they refuse to cancel and refund unless I supply them with a five digit pin that I supposedly received when I signed up for miles and more. I know my password but don't remember anything about a PIN number. Is this indeed mandatory for a refund?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Flamenguista
I made an award booking today with 2 legs BAH-FRA-RDU in business for 97,000 miles. No where in the booking process did it mention that one of the legs was in economy. This was pretty frustrating as I just purchased the miles from the Bundle and Go promotion they were doing. Is this common for them to hide an economy leg in a business booking? It wouldn't let me choose seats during booking, and I'm 99% sure it did not state economy anywhere until I received the confirmation email.

I then call to cancel and they refuse to cancel and refund unless I supply them with a five digit pin that I supposedly received when I signed up for miles and more. I know my password but don't remember anything about a PIN number. Is this indeed mandatory for a refund?
They need the PIN to access your account
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
They need the PIN to access your account
I was able to reset it pretty easily online, unlike the what the rep told me on the phone, that I have to receive the request my postal mail.

My real curiosity is if the mixed reward is common? And if they if fact don't disclose if it's a mixed cabin award during the booking process. I went to do another dummy booking and the initial pages do not in fact disclose the economy portion. The award chart shows 142,000 miles for a roundtrip from North America to the Middle East in business, so I'm confused they can charge 97,000 for one way with half the itinerary in Economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.