Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Hi, I'm trying to book an award like this: ZHT-ZRH-FRA-IAH.
Online I get ZRH-FRA-IAH with availability.
as soon as I add ZHT in front, it suggests me ZHT-ZRH-XXX-YYY-IAH but from ZRH on with some other flights, which are much less convenient.

I tried to call since all the flights (seen separately) show availability. But the agent couldn't (didn't want to?) book by segment. ZHT-ZRH showed her no availability at all. At the end I asked her to start only with the ZRH-FRA-IAH itinerary and even then she couldn't find availability for the ZRH-FRA segment. After the call, I checked again online and it is available.

1. First, why do call agent have less available flights/seats than online? Is that possible/true?
2. Why can't the call agent book by segment?
3. Is there any workaround for "complexe" booking, like by e-mail?
4. I'm a blue member. That means I only have access to call agents based outside of Europe. I tried the french and the english line; both were unable to book it.

I gladly take any advice on how to book this. Much appreciated.
And sorry if it has been already discussed here. My search in this thread didn't point me at any solutions.
Old May 18, 2023, 4:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Are you that set on getting the ZHT-ZRH train segment onto the itinerary? Concerned about being protected in case if delays/ misconnect?

For starters, in my experience with call centers in Philippines and such, they will have a different POS (point of sale) than M&M website (Germany) and those agents couldn't even book the LH train segments that website showed either. They said they don't have access.

If it was me, I'd just book ZRH-FRA-IAD ... trip that is available online and go with that and buy separate train tickets from Geneva and buffer my connection time to have at least 1 subsequent train with which I could still make the connection. A risk remains though in such cases. An overnight stop in ZRH would be another option, but more cost for hotel.
Artemio likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by demue
Are you that set on getting the ZHT-ZRH train segment onto the itinerary? Concerned about being protected in case if delays/ misconnect?

For starters, in my experience with call centers in Philippines and such, they will have a different POS (point of sale) than M&M website (Germany) and those agents couldn't even book the LH train segments that website showed either. ....
Yes, I like the idea of being protected if delays and of not having to pay extra for the train.

I called the german call center and got directed to a german call agent. Her knowledge and professionalism was just at another level than the ones I had this morning (french in Africa and english in Asia),
You were most certainly right about the POS. This time the availability was there .
demue likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
I am trying to book award ticket with two segments operated by Copa (route: US-PTY with 22h connection-Central America). There is definitely an availability for each flight (double checked), I can go to payment and then I get an error (we can't confirm availability...). I spoke to the M&M agent and she also tried to book this itinerary for me but even though she had seats available, she couldn't create PNR. She doesn't know why. Any ideas? Is this some common problem with Copa and M&M? Exactly the same itinerary is available on the Copa website without any issues, so I guess it's not a problem of the route, specific legs etc.
Old May 28, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by heliot2009
I am trying to book award ticket with two segments operated by Copa (route: US-PTY with 22h connection-Central America). There is definitely an availability for each flight (double checked), I can go to payment and then I get an error (we can't confirm availability...). I spoke to the M&M agent and she also tried to book this itinerary for me but even though she had seats available, she couldn't create PNR. She doesn't know why. Any ideas? Is this some common problem with Copa and M&M? Exactly the same itinerary is available on the Copa website without any issues, so I guess it's not a problem of the route, specific legs etc.
In the past I have booked a few awards with Copa via the M&M website without any issue, but the last one was before the pandemic.
Hope someone at M&M can help.
Old May 30, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Is TAP award inventory non-existent with MM? My initial interest was to book VIE>LIS>SID with TAP and upon searching I could not find neither VIE>LIS or LIS>SID on TAP Metal., no dates, neither Y or C... called MM hotline and they told me the same...
Old Jun 7, 2023, 12:44 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
SEN overdraft 50kMM

hello there,

I was functioning under the impression that, as a SEN, you can overdraft for up to 50k miles.
However, trying to make a booking for 79500 miles when I currently have in my account 43000 miles I got an error "insufficient miles".
Can you please advise how this works?

Should I call the support line and they will be credited?... or make the reservation only over the phone...? anyone ever got advantage of this?

thanks
Old Jun 7, 2023, 12:51 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by st8dm
hello there,

I was functioning under the impression that, as a SEN, you can overdraft for up to 50k miles.
However, trying to make a booking for 79500 miles when I currently have in my account 43000 miles I got an error "insufficient miles".
Can you please advise how this works?

Should I call the support line and they will be credited?... or make the reservation only over the phone...? anyone ever got advantage of this?

thanks
It's worked for me over the phone in the past... I doubt the website would support it.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by pdeut
It's worked for me over the phone in the past... I doubt the website would support it.
ok, but what exactly have you done? called and booked over the phone and they went over the limit, or you called and they credited you with 50k?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They book the award and your account goes negative after ticketing is complete.
st8dm and pdeut like this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:17 am

thanks, oliver2002 .

Only these days have I realised how much easier is to book two one-way award tickets instead of a round trip.
This should be *sticky* to this thread .
Old Jun 7, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Only these days have I realised how much easier is to book two one-way award tickets instead of a round trip.
If you need to cancel, you will pay double cancelation fine.
And a round trip booking (for intercontinental trip) gives 2 extra stopovers.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by andywaw
If you need to cancel, you will pay double cancelation fine.
And a round trip booking (for intercontinental trip) gives 2 extra stopovers.
true, but this inconvenience fades away when you sit on 200k miles and yet, your preferred destination is unavailable just because there are no RTs - but you discover plenty of OWs. What u gonna do with your miles, buy rimowa?
lx343 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 1:29 am

Programs: LH SEN *
What u gonna do with your miles, buy rimowa?
I already have one
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 8:26 am

[deleted]

Last edited by vievic; Jun 8, 2023 at 4:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.