Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by andywaw
I already have one
we need a whatsapp group, I mean there are basically the same 30-50 people here talking to each other

and I don't have the slapping face 🤦‍♂️ emoji to properly express my emotions here 🤣

Last edited by st8dm; Jun 13, 2023 at 12:18 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:20 am

I booked a M&M first class award ORD-HNL on united for 65k.

I get the receipt and it says Economy Class (X)
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:24 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by mogi67

65k is the correct value for NA Continental First. Nevertheless I am astonished that you were able to book UAL with M&M, especially from ORD to Hawaii.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mogi67

Call M&M or raise it online, correct value for Domestic First but you need a receipt for that, are you able to reserve seats in the F section ?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by pdeut
It's worked for me over the phone in the past... I doubt the website would support it.
I was really surprised when I booked (as Sen) an award seat with insufficient miles and it let me book it. #confused. Ticket received and everything. So I came here to ask the question: is this valid as I don't want the ticket cancelled later.

I understand correctly I can overdraft 50k miles and then how long do I need to recoup the excess miles?
Old Jun 22, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by YClass
I was really surprised when I booked (as Sen) an award seat with insufficient miles and it let me book it. #confused. Ticket received and everything. So I came here to ask the question: is this valid as I don't want the ticket cancelled later.

I understand correctly I can overdraft 50k miles and then how long do I need to recoup the excess miles?
I can't answer your question, but I also confirm I was actually able to book an overdraft of merely 800 miles. IDK if the booking value of over 200kMM was a criteria, but yes, a small overdraft worked in my case.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:34 am

ExpertFlyer shows 'The Lufthansa Award search shows partner award inventory. Availability to Miles & More members may be greater.', is there any way available over the Internet able to show open O seats for miles and more members?
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:16 am

I have been trying for 3 months to get F from JFK to ZRH for 2 as SEN. The availability consistently showed F5 A5 over this period. At T-11 I could finally confirm the booking, but just one day earlier at T-10 there was no availability.

I just don’t understand how this lack of transparency helps LH/LX nor us passengers. It was frustrating and time consuming for me. It was a waste of manual agent resources to spend time checking availability each time I called.

Anyway I am a happy camper for now
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I collect a large number of M&M miles from credit cards and have two non-LH Group *G cards. I also mainly fly P class on LH-Group within Europe. Is there any real benefit to me in having a LH FTL card when using miles - I burn 600k a year? In particular, is there more M&M award availability in I class for a LH*S member (on intercontinental flights) than for someone without status? Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Last edited by johnirvine; Jul 6, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Old Jul 6, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by johnirvine
I collect a large number of M&M miles from credit cards and have two non-LH Group *G cards. I also mainly fly P class on LH-Group within Europe. Is there any real benefit to me in having a LH FF card when using miles - I burn 600k a year? In particular, is there more M&M award availability in I class for a LH*S member (on intercontinental flights) than for someone without status? Does anyone know the answer to this question?
I think not - unless you are SEN/HON - where you get access to LX F awards....
Old Jul 6, 2023, 9:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SEN/HON can use the special request queue to clear waitlists when there is no award inventory available. FTL status really doesn't help on availability.
johnirvine and st8dm like this.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Quick question, booked ZRH-FRA-SIN for Jan 29,(the lower mileage booking) changing it to Jan 27 would incur a fee, anyway to find out what the fee is without having to call them, or can I do the change myself online.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Quick question, booked ZRH-FRA-SIN for Jan 29,(the lower mileage booking) changing it to Jan 27 would incur a fee, anyway to find out what the fee is without having to call them, or can I do the change myself online.
50 EUR to change an award & you need to call but i think they are still waiving change fees just charge for a cancellation
djjaguar64 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Perhaps this can be made sticky somewhere:
Until further notice:
M&M: cancellation is 50 EUR
rebooking: free

In addition, as long as the ticket stays within the same award zones, original and destination can be changed. For instance, a ticket that was originally issued as "Brazil-Europe" can be changed to "Europe-Brazil" without incurring 50 EUR fee (tax recalculation applies). This is not known by many agents, but an escalation to the supervisor should resolve any issues. I recently changed GRU-IST (nonstop with TK) to GIG-MUC (nonstop with LH) and then to PRN-FLN (via ZRH and GRU with LX and LA).
Old Jul 21, 2023, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thank you both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.