Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by mogi67
It seems to be working again. I got a "central database error" two times but it worked on the third try
I tried once more yesterday and gave up. The flight I wanted dropped in price, so it ended up working out better for me.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was looking at award ticket options from NYC to SE Asia, SGN in particular. The system shows no availability but when I check it to Seoul or Taipei (nonstop flights) there's plenty of availability, and similarly for flights from Seoul and Taipei to Ho Chi Minh City. But it seems unable to give a through itinerary. Is that because Asia is divided into 2 zones, making it a 3 Region Award, meaning I will have to call in? Maybe it's a married segments issue. The price to ICN or TPE was 40,000 miles OW and about $125 taxes, which I thought was a good deal (I am only looking at Economy in this case).
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:24 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Can someone please tell me how many F seats they are releasing for awards from LAX-FRA for end of the calendar 1 year out? Last time I booked was 2 years ago before all my miles expired and 2 or more seats were available. I'd like to see what the availability is now before I do a Bundle and Go. Thank you!
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by chongl
Can someone please tell me how many F seats they are releasing for awards from LAX-FRA for end of the calendar 1 year out? Last time I booked was 2 years ago before all my miles expired and 2 or more seats were available. I'd like to see what the availability is now before I do a Bundle and Go. Thank you!
Simple answer none, fewer F seats generally & they prefer to sell for cash.
chongl likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Concerto
I was looking at award ticket options from NYC to SE Asia, SGN in particular. The system shows no availability but when I check it to Seoul or Taipei (nonstop flights) there's plenty of availability, and similarly for flights from Seoul and Taipei to Ho Chi Minh City. But it seems unable to give a through itinerary. Is that because Asia is divided into 2 zones, making it a 3 Region Award, meaning I will have to call in? Maybe it's a married segments issue. The price to ICN or TPE was 40,000 miles OW and about $125 taxes, which I thought was a good deal (I am only looking at Economy in this case).
It's a 3 region award as you said correctly which the web site / app can't price IIRC. You need to call. There is a chart for 3 region award as well if you want to know the mileage pricing. It used to be 100k mls RT Eco, 140k PEY and 195k mls Biz AFAIK.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:38 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Does anyone have an idea at what exact time of the day flights are loaded in the GDS? I understand it is T-363 days, but still trying to figure out the exact time of the day, which to my understanding is somewhere between midnight and 7am in the morning (CEST)
Old Apr 9, 2024, 2:26 am

Programs: LH SEN
When I try to change a feeder over the phone, they keep telling me none are available and must be put on the waiting list.
However, when I look at the feeders individually, availability is wide open, every day, every flight, for weeks on end.

Is this some sort of married segment logic (why would they do that for run of the mill feeders?) or a swindle to prevent booking awards?

Also was told that yes, I can use waiting list as SEN, but if it doesn't clear the whole award will be cancelled. Is that so?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Van_Looy
When I try to change a feeder over the phone, they keep telling me none are available and must be put on the waiting list.
However, when I look at the feeders individually, availability is wide open, every day, every flight, for weeks on end.

Is this some sort of married segment logic (why would they do that for run of the mill feeders?) or a swindle to prevent booking awards?

Also was told that yes, I can use waiting list as SEN, but if it doesn't clear the whole award will be cancelled. Is that so?
IME they check the whole routing for any change so married segment would apply even for a change of feeder.

Can't they create a new booking using the SEN waitlist and if it clears, cancel the previous one/if it doesn't leave the previous one untouched?
Van_Looy likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:42 am

Programs: LH SEN
I see, thank you!
Originally Posted by fereke
IME they check the whole routing for any change so married segment would apply even for a change of feeder.
I guess that won't work, because the longhaul segments are not on LH, not even LHG (I'm not mad ).

Originally Posted by fereke
Can't they create a new booking using the SEN waitlist and if it clears, cancel the previous one/if it doesn't leave the previous one untouched?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.