Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Hopefully this is ok to ask in this thread (I searched and didn't find anywhere else better to post) - I'm trying to determine award availability for a particular Lufthansa flight, specifically the availability to Miles & More members. On ExpertFlyer, I can see that there are 4 seats in Business Class (I) on LH428 MUC-CLT on 5 April, 2024, and the same shows when searching on Avianca or Aeroplan. I am in need of 5 seats, so I am curious about potentially booking 1 extra seat through Miles & More. I don't currently have the 7000 miles required to search (and the workaround doesn't seem to work anymore), so I'm hoping someone here could assist (and then I could potentially sign up for the Barclays card to get the miles needed). Can anyone confirm how many seats are available to Miles & More members on that flight (I assume that the 4 available in I are a subset of what is available to members) as well as what the taxes/YQ come out to for that flight?

Last edited by tmm1012; Sep 25, 2023 at 2:04 pm
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by tmm1012
Hopefully this is ok to ask in this thread (I searched and didn't find anywhere else better to post) - I'm trying to determine award availability for a particular Lufthansa flight, specifically the availability to Miles & More members. On ExpertFlyer, I can see that there are 4 seats in Business Class (I) on LH428 MUC-CLT on 5 April, 2025, and the same shows when searching on Avianca or Aeroplan. I am in need of 5 seats, so I am curious about potentially booking 1 extra seat through Miles & More. I don't currently have the 7000 miles required to search (and the workaround doesn't seem to work anymore), so I'm hoping someone here could assist (and then I could potentially sign up for the Barclays card to get the miles needed). Can anyone confirm how many seats are available to Miles & More members on that flight (I assume that the 4 available in I are a subset of what is available to members) as well as what the taxes/YQ come out to for that flight?
I see at least 9 business awards (I) available on LH428 on 5 April 2024 (FTL and SEN accounts).
56,000 miles + 378.10 euros or 78,000 miles + 108.28 euros
tmm1012 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fereke
I see at least 9 business awards (I) available on LH428 on 5 April 2024 (FTL and SEN accounts).
56,000 miles + 378.10 euros or 78,000 miles + 108.28 euros
This is super helpful, thank you so much! Would you also mind checking availability on Saturday the 6th as well? I don't see any available via ExpertFlyer/partners, but would be curious if anything is available to members.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by tmm1012
This is super helpful, thank you so much! Would you also mind checking availability on Saturday the 6th as well? I don't see any available via ExpertFlyer/partners, but would be curious if anything is available to members.
Nothing available on the 6th.
Around these dates, 5+ available on Wednesday 3rd.
tmm1012 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:21 pm

Programs: M&M Sen
Trying to find an award flight in C to EZE, GIG or GRU in December from GOT in Sweden, but no matter how I try it will sort of only show up seats from March 2024. Also tried FRA and MUC as departure airport, but no luck.

Might they open up closer to departure? On the other hand as I can see now its from March and forward, so no looking good. Have never earlier had some issues finding flight to South America.

Will it help to call M&M SEN hotline?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hi All,

Sorry if this was previously covered, but is it true that taxes ex North America (USA and Canada) are significantly higher? I am about to book oneway Montreal - Zurich and was shocked to see that taxes for a business award flight come in at CAD956.15 (c. CHF648), vs CHF335 for a oneway Zurich-Montreal flight. Am I missing anything?

Thank you! 956,15 CAD
Old Sep 29, 2023, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Christian K
Hi All,

Sorry if this was previously covered, but is it true that taxes ex North America (USA and Canada) are significantly higher? I am about to book oneway Montreal - Zurich and was shocked to see that taxes for a business award flight come in at CAD956.15 (c. CHF648), vs CHF335 for a oneway Zurich-Montreal flight. Am I missing anything?

Thank you! 956,15 CAD
LHG fuel/international surcharges are indeed crazy ex North America.
The "Flex Plus" fare can therefore be a nice option (22k miles extra offsetting 890 CAD of international surcharge).
Old Oct 5, 2023, 11:46 pm

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey, quick question:

Is it possible to do multi-city trips with M&M award points? There is no tool to do it online, but maybe it is possible over the SEN hotline?

Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2023, 12:07 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by MasterGberry
Hey, quick question:

Is it possible to do multi-city trips with M&M award points? There is no tool to do it online, but maybe it is possible over the SEN hotline?

Thanks
Yes, multi city trips (including trips with allowed stopovers) can be booked on the phone only.
MasterGberry likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 1:30 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by andywaw
Yes, multi city trips (including trips with allowed stopovers) can be booked on the phone only.
Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2023, 1:58 pm

Anyone able to find Singapore Award Availability?
Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:04 pm

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Not even in Y, much less premium cabins. I've been looking in 2 FFP and nothing shows up
​​​​
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:43 am

At aeroplan lots of availability. But M&M not getting same availability or loaded later on?
Old Oct 21, 2023, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but... what is the current cost to cancel and redeposit miles, as a SEN?
Also, if I book a companion fare F ticket and the companion ultimately can't travel, any problem cancelling the companion ticket and getting the miles paid for the companion refunded to my account?
Thanks
Old Oct 21, 2023, 10:20 pm

I am considering signing up for the MM Card just so that I can fly from SFO to AKL. Not currently a member so don't know how many miles it is for a one way and what the fees are. Can someone look up the number of miles required and fees in dollars? Is it worth it to sign up for this credit card to get the 100,000 mile sign up bonus and redeem it for a one way SFO-AKL flight in January? Thanks.

Last edited by frostin; Oct 22, 2023 at 10:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.