M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Old Jul 14, 22, 7:16 am
  #1081  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BRU
Posts: 158
Originally Posted by TOMFORD View Post
Does SN allow lap infants in business class? I am using AC miles to book SN J for two adults USD-BRU-FCO, and I can see availability in J, but when I add a lap infant to my search all of a sudden there's no availability. What's the best way to go about doing this? Book using AC miles for adult and then call SN to add lap infant?
No problem flying with a lap infant on SN business, we flew 2 adults + infant in June.
Unfortunately, booking an award flight on a partner airline with an infant is often a headache, see this thread for instance.
fereke is offline  
Old Jul 14, 22, 8:45 am
  #1082  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 44,151
Adding an Infant to a non LH group award ticket is tricky and best avoided: Adding infant onto an award or revenue ticket
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Jul 14, 22, 2:16 pm
  #1083  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 72
Im looking to book a reward flight from fra/muc to Del, but it looks Lufthansa doesnt have anything (!) open in business class for the foreseeable future. Is this normal? Or would anyone have insight why that is the case?
Thino is offline  
Old Jul 14, 22, 4:56 pm
  #1084  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,803
Originally Posted by fereke View Post
No problem flying with a lap infant on SN business, we flew 2 adults + infant in June.
Unfortunately, booking an award flight on a partner airline with an infant is often a headache, see this thread for instance.
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Adding an Infant to a non LH group award ticket is tricky and best avoided: Adding infant onto an award or revenue ticket
I'm not getting any conclusive findings from this thread aside from it's a pain to add an infant... still seems possible though?
TOMFORD is offline  
Old Jul 14, 22, 11:31 pm
  #1085  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BRU
Posts: 158
Originally Posted by TOMFORD View Post
I'm not getting any conclusive findings from this thread aside from it's a pain to add an infant... still seems possible though?
It is technically possible but in practice good luck reaching an agent willing and able to add the infant... Especially given the level of stress on CS at the moment.

If you can get your hand on miles&more rather than AC miles, then booking adults and infant at once will be a much easier call.
fereke is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 12:53 am
  #1086  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - BA Gold - QR Gold
Posts: 268
Is THAI now also removed from the M&M search engine?
I know you have to call in for SQ availability (which was a few years back perfectly visible online), but it seems also the TG flights are now removed when searching online. I do find plenty of X & I availability on the UA website, but nothing on M&M...
janvdr is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 1:28 am
  #1087  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 7,142
Originally Posted by janvdr View Post
Is THAI now also removed from the M&M search engine?
I know you have to call in for SQ availability (which was a few years back perfectly visible online), but it seems also the TG flights are now removed when searching online. I do find plenty of X & I availability on the UA website, but nothing on M&M...
Pre pandemic both SQ & TG were available to book online, certainly nothing showing at the moment, since your SEN why dont you email M&M they do reply to SEN & HON promptly & let us know ?
chris63 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 1:48 am
  #1088  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 10,525
I was researching award flights to Asia in late September yesterday, for example SIN and DPS, and I was expecting to find all sorts of availability across different airlines. But the only airline showing any availability was Thai. Getting in and out of DPS at the end of September on an award ticket seems to be mostly impossible (although there was a little availablity on TG around the 20th September). TBH I was hoping to find something with Asiana so I can give them a try before they are merged into Korean Air (on this subject it seems to be impossible to make itineraries that continue onto Korean domestic flights, perhaps because of the airport change in Seoul).

Last edited by Concerto; Jul 15, 22 at 5:31 am Reason: typos
Concerto is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 1:50 am
  #1089  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - BA Gold - QR Gold
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Pre pandemic both SQ & TG were available to book online, certainly nothing showing at the moment, since your SEN why dont you email M&M they do reply to SEN & HON promptly & let us know ?
I send them a message - curious how long it will take for them to reply. Will report back.
chris63 likes this.
janvdr is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 2:28 am
  #1090  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 6,370
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I was researching award flights to Asia in late September yesterday, for example SIN and DPS, and I was expecting to find all sorts of availability across different airlines. But the only airline showing any availability was tie. Getting in and out of DPS at the end of September on an award ticket seems to be mostly impossible (although there was a little availablity on TG around the 20th September). TBH I was hoping to find something with Asiana so I can give them a try before they are merged into Korean Air (on thus subject it seems to be impossible to make itineraries that continue onto Korean domestic flights, perhaps because of the airport change in Seoul).
I may have to go the other way around from SIN-Germany-SIN and it is quite bad if you are looking for Biz. Eco on TG pops up a fair bit, but no TK, very few TG Biz, the odd LH maybe very short notice, maybe the odd sprinkling of BR for some of the routes they run via BKK and Europe. Very, very few seats.
demue is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 2:41 am
  #1091  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Posts: 1,249
Originally Posted by TusCOPlat View Post
Can anyone provide insight into the chances of business class award availability (all miles) opening for two passengers on September 20, from BOS to MUC? We need to book via United, as we are both 1K, and all our miles reside with United. As of this writing, there are economy seats available at 33K miles each showing on the United MP website for the 20th. We are currently flying BOS-LHR on the 20th with United, in Polaris, and connecting on Lufthansa at 1:50 pm on the 21st in business. I was hoping to avoid the connection and fly non-stop BOS to MUC.
LH seem to be being particularly stingy during Octoberfest on flights to/from MUC in premium cabins. I would assume this wont happen and make other plans.
vantage03 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 2:53 am
  #1092  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - BA Gold - QR Gold
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by demue View Post
I may have to go the other way around from SIN-Germany-SIN and it is quite bad if you are looking for Biz. Eco on TG pops up a fair bit, but no TK, very few TG Biz, the odd LH maybe very short notice, maybe the odd sprinkling of BR for some of the routes they run via BKK and Europe. Very, very few seats.
What makes it weird is that UA shows plenty of seats available on their website.. I thought M&M would at least have the same availability for carriers like TG
janvdr is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 5:35 am
  #1093  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 10,525
Bizarrely though, I am seeing TG, almost exclusively. It's all the other ones which seem to be absent.
Concerto is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 6:00 am
  #1094  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - BA Gold - QR Gold
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Bizarrely though, I am seeing TG, almost exclusively. It's all the other ones which seem to be absent.
That's correct - I digged into the problem and found that everything is available in 2022, but from 2023 nothing anymore (while both the UA website and EF show availability)
janvdr is offline  
Old Jul 15, 22, 6:00 am
  #1095  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 6,370
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
Bizarrely though, I am seeing TG, almost exclusively. It's all the other ones which seem to be absent.
But mostly Y for TG right? Biz very few seats.
demue is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread