Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Sunday evening, flying PRG-AMS on the return leg of the cheapest eco ticket. Offered upgrade at OLCI for 159 E, didn't take it. Upgraded at gate, the flight was oversold.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CPH - AMS : the usual €159. - -

Johan
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:11 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
OTP-AMS: €199

Some notes about my OLCI experience:
- I did not see an offer per se (I could have missed it though); just when I was trying to select my seat there were tons of EBC seats available (for €199). Only one was taken; I'm curious to see tomorrow how many people are actually in EBC. (Now when I check I don't see any EBC seats for sale... maybe it's just the OLCI interface though.)
- TONS of EC seats available (6 rows, only 2 seats taken now). My status (SM Silver) appeared as FB Silver and the EC seats were consequently €23 (as opposed to €30). I didn't bite tho.
- The AMS-GVA leg had lots of better seats available towards the front of the plane. No EC or EBC.I tried changing my seat several times but always got an error that invited me to try again later:

- The baggage allowance is inconsistent. The reservation said that I was allowed 1 free bag while OLCI said I was allowed 2. (I am SM Silver and have a BlueBiz number)
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:18 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by florin
- The baggage allowance is inconsistent. The reservation said that I was allowed 1 free bag while OLCI said I was allowed 2. (I am SM Silver and have a BlueBiz number)
For us Elites in other airlines, the OLCI dictates the baggage allowance. Another way to also verify the allowance is by clicking on the purchase extra allowance online, where it tells you your real allowance (1 allowed + 1 elite).
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by B7e7US
For us Elites in other airlines, the OLCI dictates the baggage allowance.
It does so for everyone.

The reservation only shows the inherent allowance that comes with the ticket purchased - in other words, it's correct only if you hold no status or are not even a Flying Blue member.

Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMS-CPH, the usual €159.--

Johan
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Ams-mad: 119
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
AMS-CPH, the usual €159.--
Originally Posted by ryanm
Ams-mad: 119
Umm... slight discrepancy when it comes to distance traveled / flight time vs. price?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The price is dictated more by how desperate they are to obtain cash rather than to have to give a free upgrade at the gate.

Distance really doesn't come into it.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They didn't have to give away any EB seats AMS-CPH. There were more J pax than usual, but they could still have reduced the cabin to the minimum two rows.

Johan
Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

€159 seems to be the max for EBC - so I'd take that as an indication that there will very likely be no free op-ups.

I know you apparently have been op-upped when the offer was that high - but I think we've established that KLM has a bit of a spot for you.

Either that, or it's just that random KLM ghost in the machine...
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I know you apparently have been op-upped when the offer was that high - but I think we've established that KLM has a bit of a spot for you.

I think it was a one-off, possibly because I managed to completely confuse them by holding three tickets for two flights departing that afternoon, one of which was a last minute (almost last second, actually) one-way, which did not exactly come cheap. That's the one I ended up getting upgraded on.

Johan
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:49 am

I have been offered this twice on this trip, Humberside to Amsterdam (£59) for a 40 minute flight on a F70, no thanks, and got upgraded at AMS for the 2nd leg to Madrid anyway, and for tomorrow's return for £89, for the MAD-AMS leg, yes please.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
My flight tomorrow started off @ € 159 and has now dropped to € 70.

As there seem to be a lot of free EB seats I wonder if there are going to be upgrades.

Gajan
Old Jun 22, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: Platinum for Life Flying Blue; LH FTL
Last night I was offered PVG-AMS at RMB2.880 (roughly euro.360)

I guess the cost of the upgrade was somewhat on the high side, but than again a 12 hour night flight in EC is not exactly a treat for my body.

I took it , my credit card is the one who's crying right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.