Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Gajan
That is what happened in my case too
You inspired me thanks
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Hi

FB newbie here - moved a lot of my flying from BA after the last Heathrow implosion.

Was just wondering whether i accrue extra mileage when paying for an upgrade at OLCI for an intra-european flight, or is it purely long haul?

thanks
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
The ultimate thread on buy-ups at OLCI

Officially, no extra miles anymore on discounted upgrade offers.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Officially, no extra miles anymore on discounted upgrade offers.
Originally Posted by mfgr
Hi

FB newbie here - moved a lot of my flying from BA after the last Heathrow implosion.

Was just wondering whether i accrue extra mileage when paying for an upgrade at OLCI for an intra-european flight, or is it purely long haul?

thanks
Indeed, I think it must be some luck involved here (pretty sure they will update the website and that loophole will be closed).
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Indeed, I think it must be some luck involved here (pretty sure they will update the website and that loophole will be closed).
They have had months to do that already.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
They have had months to do that already.
to reward our loyalty no doubt ...
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:28 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by psollitt
to reward our loyalty no doubt ...
To be honest I have no problem with the economy mileage earnings, as I believe the price to be quiet reasonable (except for intra-EU).
My major point is that I would like it to be clear when purchasing the upgrade (which for any non-Flyertalk person would be pretty clear that he would be earning Business Class mileage).
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, FB Ulti PFL, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire RA
My major point is that I would like it to be clear when purchasing the upgrade (which for any non-Flyertalk person would be pretty clear that he would be earning Business Class mileage).
Same here so I sent FB an email on an OLCI upgrade I did a while ago. FB called me back a day later and told me my flight would be credited as business (Z - 125%) because of the confusion on the website.

When I asked when the language on the website will be updated to avoid this confusion I was told this could take a while but they are aware.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: FB, PELT: M&M Senator: Priority Club Platinum Ambasador, BA, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by HaikoW
Same here, so I sent FB an email on an OLCI upgrade I did a while ago. FB called me back a day later and told me my flight would be credited as business (Z - 125%) because of the confusion on the website.

When I asked when the language on the website will be updated to avoid this confusion I was told this could take a while but they are aware.
Simulair story. I put in a request after a paid OLCI for the missing Business miles (only got 25%), they declined by mail reponse. Then I put in a complaint with some legal language about the miss information on their website, and the fact that this is clearly layout by AF, who offers simulair upgrades.. and the mix result people have on FlyerTalk. Result.. got 125% miles credit and applogies for the confusion.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:23 am
Koc

If I pre-select seats under "Manage my bookings", can this affect the upgrade offer at OLCI?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:39 am

Just to let you all know, I was also initially only credited the economy miles but I emailed them and got a response on Saturday saying they had credited the business mileage. Checked this morning and the account had been updated with the additional mileage credited to both award and level.

Originally Posted by snoopy1664
Yesterday (Sunday 11th March) offered 85 CHF (about 60 GBP according to www.xe.com) for LHR -> AMS. I took it just to experience KLM business class. Second time I've been offered this I think on this route on a Sunday evening but didn't take it first time round.
Did enjoy the LHR T4 Skyteam lounge and very nice experience on board. Not entirely certain I'd take it up again (flight is too short for such extravagances) but no regrets about doing it last night.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AMS-MNL tomorrow, WBC for €311.--

As an aside, apart from advertising the WBC upgrade repeatedly, no opportunity was offered to change the original seat in ecomony. Instead, OLCI came up with this:

"You are travelling with an infant. A child younger than 2 years of age on the outbound and on the inbound journey may travel sitting on your lap. Please note that the seat choice is restricted due to the number of available oxygen masks per row. If two adults are traveling with two infants, consider sitting across the aisle from each other, or two behind two."

This would perhaps have been useful information if the pax concerned was traveling with an infant. She is not.

Johan
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
This would perhaps have been useful information if the pax concerned was traveling with an infant. She is not.
Maybe the pax will be handed an infant at the gate. (Infant fees may apply)
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: FB
AMS-MEX tomorrow, €819 offered for an upgrade to WBC with 18 seats available atm. Needless to say I didn't take it...
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by florin
Maybe the pax will be handed an infant at the gate. (Infant fees may apply)

I shall ask how many infants they gave her to take care of during the flight.

Regards,

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.