Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: JMB
1. 20%
2. 75%
3. 0%
4. 5%
5. 0%

As you can see with professional soccer in Europe (and other sports) are doing very well with a good hygiene concept I don't see why this is no option for the Olympic Games.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nishimark
I expect some kind of bone thrown towards Japan, for example, a special celebration of Olympic style athletics.
You mean like an expression of Goodwill?
?
nishimark likes this.

Last edited by hailstorm; Jul 2, 2020 at 4:52 am Reason: Stupid URL handling of Fyertalk
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Seyan
1. 20%
2. 75%
3. 0%
4. 5%
5. 0%

As you can see with professional soccer in Europe (and other sports) are doing very well with a good hygiene concept I don't see why this is no option for the Olympic Games.
If they're going to hold Olympics in a bubble without spectators, the concept of host city becomes completely meaningless. That would be like a waste of an Olympics for Japanese people.
They might as well as hold it in some neutral site that's most conducive to providing a bubble environment for the athletes and all the events. In fact, they should split the Olympics into ~20 different bubble sites all over the world separated by sports in order to limit the number of incoming athletes/staff and make things work as far as venues and scheduling.
BeachRat likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:47 pm

Latest Tokyo resident poll regarding what should be done with 2021 Olympics (saw this on NHK):
27% proceed
17% postpone again
36% cancel
21% undecided
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by evergrn
What do you think are the probabilities (percentage-wise) of these scenarios?
1. Will be held in summer 2021 with spectators (may or may not be scaled down).
2. Will be held in summer 2021 without spectators.
3. Will be postponed to 2022.
4. Will be canceled.
5. Something else (specify)
1. Only spectators residing in Japan - 1%, Spectators from inside and outside Japan - 30%
2. 1%
3. 1%
4. 67%
jib71 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm willing to give non-zero odds to "torrential rains wipe Japan off the face of the earth beforehand"
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Tokyo Olympic organizing committee will be offering ticket refunds. Official details still to come...
https://japantoday.com/category/spor...Tokyo-Olympics
evergrn likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:16 am

flashback (4mo ago)

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...s-unthinkable/
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Jul 11, 2020, 9:51 pm

cosport

Those clowns at cosport.

I saw a post by someone on another forum (not FT) that he'd requested refund from Cosport and was offered refund except not the ticket shipping fee even though they never shipped out tickets.

Anyways I asked for refund myself and got a different response.
They told me they're not accepting refund requests at this time.
They said to keep checking the Tokyo Olympics website for announcement on the updated schedule next summer. We have 30 days from the date the new schedule is announced to request refund.
They said refund requests will be "evaluated," if there's a schedule or venue change.

The schedule change has ALREADY taken place!
They won't promise refund for an event we've paid for that's either postponed a year or cancelled, they'll only "consider" refund during some TBD 30-day window, and we're responsible for figuring out when that 30-day window is?

How do they get away with this?!
Old Jul 14, 2020, 12:44 am

If anyone has experiencing dealing with Cosport in the past couple months regarding refund issues, please share!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 1:58 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
If anyone has experiencing dealing with Cosport in the past couple months regarding refund issues, please share!
I'm also waiting for information from CoSport, but this is what a relative received this week from the official ticket reseller in Germany:

Dear ladies and gentlemen, dear Olympic fans,

Today we would like to inform you about the current status of your ticket reservation for the Olympic Games.

The Organizing Committee has not yet officially confirmed the competition schedule for 2021. We are currently expecting the final competition schedule at the beginning of August. As soon as we have it, we will send it to you. Within the next few weeks you will receive a new invoice and confirmation with the booked tickets 1:1 (-1 day) for 2021.

Please note that your ticket booking for the Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games is subject to confirmation by the Organizing Committee. Due to the postponement of the Olympic Games to 2021, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to adjust event days, the start of the event as well as contingents and prices. We will inform you as soon as we have all the information from the Organizing Committee.

After you have received the competition schedule from us, you can make a binding booking for 2021 within a period of 7 days. Please note that your ticket booking becomes binding after this period and that according to our terms and conditions 100% cancellation fees for the tickets are due. In addition, the following still applies: If your ticket booking for 2020 is linked to an accommodation transaction, the accommodation booking from the Olympic program for 2021 is also obligatory when booking these tickets for 2021.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 7:58 pm

After you have received the competition schedule from us, you can make a binding booking for 2021 within a period of 7 days. Please note that your ticket booking becomes binding after this period and that according to our terms and conditions 100% cancellation fees for the tickets are due. In addition, the following still applies: If your ticket booking for 2020 is linked to an accommodation transaction, the accommodation booking from the Olympic program for 2021 is also obligatory when booking these tickets for 2021.
So what I'm reading here is that:
- This ticket vendor will notify when the event schedule is finalized.
- You have exactly 7 days from receipt of such notification to possibly request refund. This is extrapolated from their statement that the ticket become binding with full cancellation penalty after that period.

If I'm interpreting it correctly, then it's shady that they won't say 'You can request refund within this 7-day period and here's how.'
It's bad enough that they're holding you to a mere 7-day window.

Here's what Cosport told me, when I asked if they're going to notify us when the official schedule comes out (which is when our window to request refund starts): It's your responsibility to keep checking.
Nothing about this feels right.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
So what I'm reading here is that:
- This ticket vendor will notify when the event schedule is finalized.
- You have exactly 7 days from receipt of such notification to possibly request refund. This is extrapolated from their statement that the ticket become binding with full cancellation penalty after that period.

If I'm interpreting it correctly, then it's shady that they won't say 'You can request refund within this 7-day period and here's how.'
It's bad enough that they're holding you to a mere 7-day window.

Here's what Cosport told me, when I asked if they're going to notify us when the official schedule comes out (which is when our window to request refund starts): It's your responsibility to keep checking.
Nothing about this feels right.
While it is scummy business practises, I am sure when the official schedule comes out, it would be newsworthy. The news will be commenting about it so we should get enough warning to act during this one week window they give us.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
While it is scummy business practises, I am sure when the official schedule comes out, it would be newsworthy. The news will be commenting about it so we should get enough warning to act during this one week window they give us.
I got the same responses from CoSport. When I wrote back saying the overall dates had been announced and I was not able to attend and requested the refund again, I got the same exact response (so I don't think anyone specific is actually responding to the emails, it's just automatically generated). Not sure if CoSport will stick to their 30 day window or if they will follow the 7 day window by the other reseller. But the actual schedule has now been announced and posted on the official Tokyo 2020 site, so I again have emailed them saying the event schedule is posted, please refund. We'll see...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.