Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:24 pm

Club Access

Club access for 120 Euro is per stay no matter how many days?

I have an upcoming stay in October for seven nights on two separate reservations. One is a direct IHG reservation to take advantage of the Citi Prestige 4th night reimbursement and the other is a two night reservation on Friday and Saturday using my annual Platinum Ambassador certificate. If the Club access is per stay, does anyone have experience with only paying one club access fee even if your stay is two separate reservations?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:05 pm

That is the price per room, per night (2 guests).
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by Enclave
Club access for 120 Euro is per stay no matter how many days?

I have an upcoming stay in October for seven nights on two separate reservations. One is a direct IHG reservation to take advantage of the Citi Prestige 4th night reimbursement and the other is a two night reservation on Friday and Saturday using my annual Platinum Ambassador certificate. If the Club access is per stay, does anyone have experience with only paying one club access fee even if your stay is two separate reservations?
Not exactly your situation, but we stayed for 2 nights and at check-in I asked if we could only pay for Club Access for 1 night (because we were very busy the 1st day). He then offered both days for free. Appreciate.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Platinum AMb upgrade experience

Last easter we booked 3 paid club rooms for 4 nights. All our rooms were upgraded at reception presumably because they saw my parents 43yrs wedding aniversary banners/balloons.
I made each reservation seperate in their name:
Mine+hubby (plat/amb) - prestige suite floor 5 with 3 balconies facing rue scribe
Parents - opera view room floor 2 (metro vibrations were a histarical point of humor)
Sister+hubby - eiffel tower view room floor 3 with balcony (so he could sneak a quick ciggie)
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
The Opera View Deluxe rooms are larger than "standard" Opera View rooms. When I checked out my first time at P-LG I asked to take note in my customer profile that I would gladly stay there every visit. Since then, when it's available I get it... last week-end must have been the fifth or sixt time. And I still can't get enough of the view!

If not available, I have gotten a Rue Scribe or Eiffel Tower View JS when booking Club Room as Spire Amb. As Scuba already mentioned, loyalty usually gets rewarded with a nice bottle of Nicolas Feuillate champagne. Last weekend however they had another nice surprise for me instead of the champagne.

BTW: besides the ladies, Gilles now has gotten assistance from Ignace, and Guest Relations Manager Ernesto at the Club Lounge. Ernesto is amazing at making you feel like Royalty!
Actually, Ernesto has now assumed the head position at the club. He takes over for Caroline who left Paris for the Alpes in another endeavour. So Gil reports to Ernesto. Ernesto has moved upstairs from Guest Relations to Club director (is it possible he is doing both jobs?!) I'm not sure what the official position is called. I find almost all the club staff to be extraordinary. It is a VERY difficult job. Lots of complicated nuances dealing with international cultures, mores, food preferences, drink preferences....not to mention the demanding nature of the clientèle. The hotel regularly assigns interns to the club lounge to help out for several months at a time as well.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Shopfranceinc
Actually, Ernesto has now assumed the head position at the club. He takes over for Caroline who left Paris for the Alpes in another endeavour. So Gil reports to Ernesto. Ernesto has moved upstairs from Guest Relations to Club director (is it possible he is doing both jobs?!) I'm not sure what the official position is called. I find almost all the club staff to be extraordinary. It is a VERY difficult job. Lots of complicated nuances dealing with international cultures, mores, food preferences, drink preferences....not to mention the demanding nature of the clientèle. The hotel regularly assigns interns to the club lounge to help out for several months at a time as well.
That's funny. I never ask the Club staff about who is in charge, but it always seemed that Gilles was the leader since Sandrine left some years ago. As you say, they are all great. Ernesto is excellent, but it's funny that he doesn't actually speak French well. He prefers to communicate in English or of course Italian. In any case, they are all the ones that keep me coming back to this hotel as a regular guest.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I'll be there end of octobre, hope my favorite intern Hannelore is still there.
Genuine Belgian friendliness and beside that a good sense of humor!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
I would need some advice:

I have the choice to book
a. classic room + Eur 120 for club
b. club room (price is Eur 25 less than a.)

What booking should give the better room with club access for Royal Amb.?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hannes08
I would need some advice:

I have the choice to book
a. classic room + Eur 120 for club
b. club room (price is Eur 25 less than a.)

What booking should give the better room with club access for Royal Amb.?
Club lounge used to be generally given to RAs (If I remember, there was a change in policy, which does not affect loyal customers of the property).

Considering the decline of occupation rate in Paris, I am quite sure that club access might be given after asking nicely at reception (or event better, at club lounge directly).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Impressed

Was there last weekend - 2 nights award stay. As Spire Elite was given very detailed sheet of benefits (which is in itself nice), which included the following:
- Room upgrade (subject to availability)
- 2pm late checkout
- free internet
- free international newspaper

We arrived at 2pm and person who was checking us in lamented that as no upgraded rooms available she will give us free breakfast (EUR 80/night benefit). I don't know whether it is policy or it is because it was my 3rd stay at the hotel (which she acknowledged).

So we had standard classic room in Scribe wing on 5th floor. Love 2 balconies - one in the room, one in bathroom. There were some fruits and 2 large glass bottles of Evian as arrival gift. Additional small bottle was also provided for free daily.
For 2nd day management sent full bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte brut, which was also super nice gesture.

Breakfast was not worth EUR 40 but still nice to have
Newspaper never arrived

Overall super impressed how property treat return guests, even on award stays.

AX
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by AX9465
Was there last weekend - 2 nights award stay. As Spire Elite was given very detailed sheet of benefits (which is in itself nice), which included the following:
- Room upgrade (subject to availability)
- 2pm late checkout
- free internet
- free international newspaper

We arrived at 2pm and person who was checking us in lamented that as no upgraded rooms available she will give us free breakfast (EUR 80/night benefit). I don't know whether it is policy or it is because it was my 3rd stay at the hotel (which she acknowledged).

So we had standard classic room in Scribe wing on 5th floor. Love 2 balconies - one in the room, one in bathroom. There were some fruits and 2 large glass bottles of Evian as arrival gift. Additional small bottle was also provided for free daily.
For 2nd day management sent full bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte brut, which was also super nice gesture.

Breakfast was not worth EUR 40 but still nice to have
Newspaper never arrived

Overall super impressed how property treat return guests, even on award stays.

AX
Sounds like a very nice stay on points. Are you sure you weren't upgraded? I didn't realize the standard Classic rooms had balconies, you're lucky if you have an external view at all.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
I haven't done any international travel and am wondering if the IC LeGrande charges for wifi? I didn't see it spelled out on the website. I am a plat. Thanks.
Nevermind, i see it is included for spires, i guess plats too.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BigFishDave
I haven't done any international travel and am wondering if the IC LeGrande charges for wifi?
Since 2014, all IHG members get free wifi worldwide

When you sign up to become a member of IHG® Rewards Club we want to help you get the most out of your membership. Which is why all our members are able to enjoy free Internet at all of our hotels across Europe*, as well as the rest of the world.

*Free Internet Access to all members will be available in 2014, starting 6 January 2014 at all IHG hotels in Europe, the Americas, Asia, Oceania, the Middle East and Africa. Internet accessibility, speed, and connectivity in common areas and guest rooms vary by hotel.
https://www.businessadvantage.ihg.com/free-internet/
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Since 2014, all IHG members get free wifi worldwide

https://www.businessadvantage.ihg.com/free-internet/
Thank you.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I have interesting price comparison for AmbWeekend stay this coming , of price reducing over 9month period leading to date of stay for coming weekend 21-23 October that i originally booked early to secure as Ambweekend could be unavailable nearer the stay, booked end of Jan2016
.... i am simply astonished at the difference/saving to be made by a cancel/rebook !

Anyway seems MORAL is keep reviewing if book 9-12months ahead as my nightly room rate changed from 535++ Jan2016 --> 485/450++ Aug2016 --> 355++ Oct2016
That is euro 200 saving, as would now be paying only 66% of the initial room rate! !

Alas stuck in Asia, so looks like I will need cancel by 20th 1600 CET. Only reason not to cancel yet is being nosey and waiting for online mod to see what upgrade I would have gained.

IC-PLG Exec Room (Amb W/End Rate .. Flex was identical each night as I checked)
================================================== ============
28Jan : Exec Room for 21-23 Oct AmbWeekend (ie Flex) = euro 535++ / night
09Aug : Exec Room for 21-23 Oct AmbWeekend (ie Flex) = euro 485++ and 450++ / night
19Oct : Exec Room for 21-23 Oct AmbWeekend (ie Flex) = euro 355++ / night

Also other 19th Oct rates for 21-23rd October weekend
ADR = not available
Adr Your Rate = not available
Flex Rate = 355++ (add b/f 2ppn 40euro)
Flex Your Rate = 319++ / night (add b/f 2ppn 36euro)
Corporate (flex) = 303++ / night

Last edited by scubaccr; Oct 18, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.