Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:23 pm

Your point is valid, though the decrease in Paris can be exceptionally high because of the events in France the past year(s).

I haven't seen an online upgrade in Paris yet.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:54 am

I made a last minute booking for Saturday night at what I thought was a low 256 euro for 2 days notice.I was upgraded to the usual opera view junior suite with trains.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The hotel industry suffers terribly in Paris due to recent terrorist attacks.

The Plaza Athénée and the Royal Monceau are in very bad situation.

The Plaza Athénée and the Fouquet's Barrière have lost some staff.

The Peninsula and the Royal Monceau have heavily discounted their prices.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Unfortunately i had to cancel my bogo stay for this weekend due to a severe painfull outbreak of the shingels. Hopefully in a month i'll be fit to fly and travel again. My first stops will be CP hollywood beach, IC Miami downtown and IC Parklane london.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by 336
Your point is valid, though the decrease in Paris can be exceptionally high because of the events in France the past year(s).

I haven't seen an online upgrade in Paris yet.
When I went in August, the price literally dropped by Euro 10 per day in the week before arrival. I rebooked 5 times.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
12:30 CET just cancelled and was not showing any upgrade.

Really wanted to go to Paris before it gets colder. Instead still in Asia, and I now get IC Berlin mid November, real shame as I like PLG hotel and Lounge much more.
One of the last two weekends in October is a regular stay for me.

Maybe PLG now only mods nights once a definite stay, ie either as BAR Prepay or Flex rate once past the cancelation cutoff date/time?

I know I have been modded 3days or so before checkin date historically at PLG

No King Execs left , my booked room type, (just twin exec's) you'd think PLG would upgrade/mod me so they have a KB exec room to sell.

nb
Is hotel occupancy in Paris/France really hit that hard and the cause of rate drop from 550++ to 350++ Exec (250 ++ for Classic) as end of October weekends have been as low as 230++ or a little higher for classic room?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:15 am

For my last stay at LPG I was not modded in advance but upgraded at check in.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Second that!

Previous stays i was upgraded at checkin at reception, from a humble clubroom with platamb status to prestigesuite rue scribe / eiffeltower room.

Don't let the not-modified status withhold you from visiting PLG
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, M&M HON & SPG Plat
I'm thinking about booking in at the IC Le Grand for my partner's birthday (she hasn't been to Paris in years) however I am wondering if it's like the IC Carlton which put me off IC's in France as it came across as run down with poor staff.

Do I have anything to worry about with Le Grand or should I look elsewhere?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:13 am

Front desk staff can be short. If you deal with Club lounge personel it is another world.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:23 am

I have a points booking for first weekend december,which has now been modded to junior suite.
I find the staff at PLG rather helpful.I had a stay last year booked using my free weekend cert,and the King of Spain arrived causing the front door to be blocked and we were required to enter and exit via the back.Rue scribe was completely blocked by security and police for both days.

The guest relations manager at the front desk was most apologetic and deposited 50000 points in my account as an appology.

The King didn't buy a round either.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
First time i've had to pay taxes on reward stay.

Recently stayed using points from 10/19-26 and was charged 5.43E per night. Found this interesting as it was the first time i've had to pay anything on a reward night (i'm not complaining, still a pretty good deal)
I've probably redeemed over a hundred reward nights and even at the AI's never got charged a dime.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BigFishDave
Recently stayed using points from 10/19-26 and was charged 5.43E per night. Found this interesting as it was the first time i've had to pay anything on a reward night (i'm not complaining, still a pretty good deal)
I've probably redeemed over a hundred reward nights and even at the AI's never got charged a dime.
It's either an error or perhaps some new tax or policy change. I've never been charged anything on award stays here. What did it say on the bill?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's either an error or perhaps some new tax or policy change. I've never been charged anything on award stays here. What did it say on the bill?
It's presumably the taxe de sejour, which changed from a flat rate in 2015, I believe, to one now based on the category of accommodation--last year I think it was 4 Euros for a "palace" hotel, with a 10% administrative fee on top of that. The rate gets adjusted each year for inflation (though, given the French economy, the number quoted seems a big jump...)

I have not had an award stay at Le Grand recently, but I did pay the tax on an award stay at the Park Hyatt Vendome last year.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Again, I've never paid any taxes on award stays at this hotel. I stay here often, mostly paid stays, but I stayed in July on points and December 2015 as well and no taxes on my bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.