Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:43 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Is that a weekend 20/30/50% off promo for Europe/UK stays 1st Jan - 28th Feb that IHG are currently running ? IC-PLG is participating
(although no points/stay credit as a non-qual rate... so no good for accelerator 1Q2017)

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glo...s/winter-offer
Members must book minimum five per the T&Cs (only three by the rate rules though) days in advance or by December 15, 2016, and the stay length must be at least two nights to enjoy the discount.

nb
Even if can only book a Standard Room with promo... you can upsell at checkin for Lounge access with the savings
BUT plug in 10-13 Feb2017 weekend AND IC-PLG Club Room = EUR223/night
OR
OPERA HOUSE VIEW PRESTIGE SUITE EUR 453/night ... Next Room Cats (Amb Upgrade) are to Ambassador suite/Royal suite/Presidential Suite and IC-PLG is not in list of hotels excluding certain suites from Amb/RA upgrades
It's a Mon-Wed stay at the regular rooms are 230EU. So I dont think its part of this promotion.

I'm just wondering if its best to book the level BELOW Jr Ste for 290 euro and add on the Club for 120 Euro or book a CLub room for 335 Euro and hope they give me a good upgrade/pay for a room upgrade.

I've only stayed once and got lucky getting upgraded from a CLub Room to a Jr Ste when I took my mom to Paris for her bday earlier this year.

EDIT: I booked a simple Club Room for 335 Euro per night and will go ahead and play the "hope they give me a good upgrade and or paid upgrade option as an AMB" game. I will email the hotel to inquire about that. the 335EU seemed like a fantastic deal for a CLub room as the PLG lounge is pretty nice.

Last edited by 355F1; Dec 11, 2016 at 12:52 am
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
It's a Mon-Wed stay at the regular rooms are 230EU. So I dont think its part of this promotion.

I'm just wondering if its best to book the level BELOW Jr Ste for 290 euro and add on the Club for 120 Euro or book a CLub room for 335 Euro and hope they give me a good upgrade/pay for a room upgrade.

I've only stayed once and got lucky getting upgraded from a CLub Room to a Jr Ste when I took my mom to Paris for her bday earlier this year.

EDIT: I booked a simple Club Room for 335 Euro per night and will go ahead and play the "hope they give me a good upgrade and or paid upgrade option as an AMB" game. I will email the hotel to inquire about that. the 335EU seemed like a fantastic deal for a CLub room as the PLG lounge is pretty nice.
Eg Mon - Wed 20-22 Feb is still a sale rate at IC-PLG
CLASSIC - na (versus your rate ADR / Your rate flex - 238 / 292 )
SUPERIOR - 176 ( v 260 / 319 )
CLUB ROOM - 232 ( v 341 / 418 )
JUNIOR SUITE - 312 ( v 458 / 562 )
Opera JS - 362 (v 531 / 652 )
Prestigue Suite - 412 (v 604 / 742 )
Opera Prestigue Suite - 462 ( v 677 / 832 )
Ambassador Suite - 1400 ( v 2052 / 2520 )
Royal Suite - 1750 ( v 2710 / 3330 )
Presidential Suite 2250 ( v 3296 / 4050 )

If I could get to Paris in Jan/Feb , instead of booking my usual non sale Exec Room at EUR 280 yr adv or 350 yr flex .... I'd be booking Opera Prestigue Suite for 462 euros and hopefully an Opera P Suite - Royal Suite upgrade instead of usual Exec to Prestigue and all for EUR 100 extra , a bargain . Alas I will be in Oz and Asia instead.... but really tempted to book a BKK-CDG flight for a 3night weekend stay all the same

Last edited by scubaccr; Dec 11, 2016 at 10:33 am
Old Dec 11, 2016, 10:01 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Eg Mon - Wed 20-22 Feb is still a sale rate at IC-PLG
SUPERIOR - 176
CLUB ROOM - 232
JUNIOR SUITE - 312
Opera JS - 362
Prestigue Suite - 412
Opera Prestigue Suite -462
Ambassador Suite - 1400
Royal Suite - 1750
Presidential Suite 2250
Those are not the dates we will be in Paris. But thank you!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Talking

Originally Posted by Lane412000
My wife and I just finished a 5 night award stay at the Le Grand Hotel. We enjoyed the stay very much. I took someone's advice and did not book anything until we got to the hotel and spoke with the conceirge desk. All of the people working this desk were helpful and had great suggestions. The location of the hotel worked for us. It was near the Open Paris tour bus office and also the starting point for the Paris Vision tours was a short 10 minute walk. If you take these tours, you will walk next to the Ritz Carlton hotel. Try and walk in and let me know how far you get before being ushered out by security....laughing. I think that I set the record of about 15 feet inside the doors.

A few negatives were that the hotel did not honor ambassador status or at least that is what I was told at the front desk. I asked about entrance to the executive lounge and was told it would cost me 90 euros daily, that the hotel did not recognize ambassador membership. Upon checkin we were told because the hotel was fully booked we would receive a 2 category upgrade, so I am thinking suite or at the very least a junior suite....we were given a classic room and yes it was small, but when you are not paying, why make a fuss?

Lastly, and actually this was more my fault than anything else. The closet for this room (think it was 2127) had an electronic light that turned on when you entered the closet space and only stayed on for maybe 8-10 seconds. The problem was that on our last morning in thr rush to leave, we emptied the safe of our cash and my wife's purse. By the time we removed these items, the light had already turned off so we missed that we left our passports in the safe (dark blue leather covered passports in a dark safe is not easy to see). I thought my wife had taken them when she grabbed her purse and she thought that I grabbed the passports when taking the envelope of money. We discovered no passports when we got to check-in at CDG. The hotel to its credit upon our phone call sent someone immediately to the room and sent the passports to us via bellboy in a taxi. Unfortunately, because of traffic we got the passports and ran to the flight check-in only to be told that we were 2 minutes too late (58 minutes before the NW flight to Detroit).
Once i was late, and AA was delayed for several hours. from CDG back to LAX.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/27-29

Location: Absolutely the best part of staying here. Steps from the Opera Metro station as well as the Auber RER Station which is on the A Line and connects easily to the B to CDG and ORY. You can also walk easily to a lot of the major sites. Getting an Uber or a cab is also not a problem and there are plenty of places nearby to eat at.

Hotel: True grand opulence and splendor in the lobby areas. You walk in and feel you're somewhere really good. The restaurant and cafe areas are also quite impressive. Upstairs is not quite as good, it definitely feels a bit old, but still in good repair. Do note there is a mandatory bag check right now upon entry to the hotel.

Check In: Handled well by a nice agent and no issues getting checked in at 2 PM. I asked about a club upgrade but was told it would be 140 Euros a night...no thank you. As an IHG Platinum I was given free internet and an upgrade from a Classic Room to a Superior Room (this gets you 65 more square feet).

Room: Definitely small, especially for a "Superior Room". The bed takes up almost all the room and the small chair is basically an afterthought. However, the bathroom was quite impressive. The room is definitely feeling its age, a lot of the fixtures were worn and the TV is quite small. Still, the bed was very comfortable.

I'd stayed here using free promo nights. As long as you won't be spending much time in the room it's a great place to stay due to the location.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Recent stay report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27695079-post2.html
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just finished a great stay spanning NYE. Booked a classic room on mix of paid nights and award nights one extra paid night tagged on later, and was upgraded to the Ambassador Suite with Club. The hotel was packed and I'm sure all the Prestige suites were full. I think everyone, or at least every suite got a bottle of Veuve Clicquot on the 31st, in addition to the bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte Blanc de Blancs on the first day. Also in the club they switched up from the normal Nicolas Feuillatte to the Café de la Paix branded 2006 vintage Champagne. I've never seen the club this busy, day in and day out. It for sure wasn't this busy last year at this time. But the staff did a great job especially at dinner.

On the 31st we went out on the Champs-Élysées again for the midnight festivities and joined a half a million people in the fun. Later when we got back to the hotel we were welcomed in to the party still going on there which actually had pretty good music. People were dancing all night long.

It was good to be in the Ambassador suite again as we really needed all that space for this excellent stay. ^
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
I think everyone, or at least every suite got a bottle of Veuve Clicquot on the 31st, in addition to the bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte Blanc de Blancs on the first day.
Definitely not everyone - I was there over NYE in a Superior room (had booked a Classic room with points) and received no amenity other than fresh fruit on arrival.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I have booked a Club room with my Ambassador weekend voucher for a two night stay. Cost €435 for the paid night.

The hotel has advised that they will upgrade me to an Executive room, which does not seem too much of an upgrade. This is my third visit to the hotel. I have responded asking for something better.

An Executive room was about €355 per night although I would have to pay €120 per night for Club Lounge access.

Is the hotel's offer about right?

Any guidance or experience appreciated please.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:10 am

Yes, hotel is right.

Exec room is their best type of room, under (junior) suites, and without opera/eiffel tower view.

Exec room is a good room to receive when having booked Club.

Be carful what you wish for. I would much rather have a well appointed exec room, than one of the dozen weird sized junior suites.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 336
Yes, hotel is right.

Exec room is their best type of room, under (junior) suites, and without opera/eiffel tower view.

Exec room is a good room to receive when having booked Club.

Be carful what you wish for. I would much rather have a well appointed exec room, than one of the dozen weird sized junior suites.
Thanks 336.

The website does not seem to make the Executive room sounds any better than a Club room - both 355 sq ft.

I am not too worried about the view - more room size and comfort.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The exec rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. But not large enough for mini-golf.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
The exec rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. But not large enough for mini-golf.
Thanks Stimpy.

I appreciate your input too.

Pas de mini-golf - quelle domage.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I have booked a Club room with my Ambassador weekend voucher for a two night stay. Cost €435 for the paid night.

The hotel has advised that they will upgrade me to an Executive room, which does not seem too much of an upgrade. This is my third visit to the hotel. I have responded asking for something better.

An Executive room was about €355 per night although I would have to pay €120 per night for Club Lounge access.

Is the hotel's offer about right?

Any guidance or experience appreciated please.
Recent years PLG Club Room is a Superior Room (280ft) with Lounge Access. so + 1cat Amb upgrade is Superior -> Exec (350 ft room)
In fact PLG tended to put Club Guests into both Superior and Deluxe depending on what was available at checkin.

I see Club Twin correctly says 280ft but Club Room version incorrectly says 350ft making one think that King Bed Club books to a Deluxe or Exec room which it doesn't

As RA, I book Exec room here for upgrade to J/S and usually higher, though as an original regular guest here I luckily still got Lounge free last 2years
(and come 1st Feb 2017 all RAs will again receive lounge foc after 2year without)

I agree as Ambassador normally booking Exec room at 100euro less and upselling lounge access at just over 100euro , (new rules from 2017 are full rate -20% upsell for Ambassadors) is best value, as that gets 1cat upgrade up from Exec room too.

BUT Ambassador on Bogo, booking Exec Room ... Remember although room upgrade is foc both ights, the lounge upsell is charged both nights, which is why booking Club initially maybe cheaper, on boo booking cheape exec room and buying lounge 2nights is about 100euro extra, and for Exec - junior suite upgrade would be worth it.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 5, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:22 am

Many thanks scubaccr.

I am grateful for your response. You have highlighted my confusion!

The hotel has written stating the room sizes. I have responded by pasting the room descriptions into my email.

As I suspect that we will be in the Club Lounge when in the hotel rather than the room, I think I will probably go with the upgrade to Executive Room and Club Lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.