Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I have never not been upgraded on an AMB reward stay, anywhere. Reports of the demise of this benefit are greatly exaggerated.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
The IC is now a five star hotel. ^
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
The IC is now a five star hotel. ^
In my view IC-PLG always was 5* rooms/service/location, it is just many very good/worthy hotels avoided a 5* rating due to higher hotel taxes specific to being a 5*
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Susiew237
I have to say that I am not a fan of this hotel. I felt it was tired. We were given an upgrade to a suite and the back of door said it was about $850euro a night. Good grief no way would I have paid it. I found the decor super old fashioned, and the bedroom itself quite small and the bathroom antiquated. Then there is the rabbit warren of getting around. I am surprised that everyone seems to think the club is so fabulous, I thought it was one of the worst i have been to. But each to their own eh! Having said all that, I actually didnt like Paris either (filthy dirty city) so perhaps I am the problem
The hotel is Napoleon III. style, and Paris is not Singapore.
ConciergeBrandon likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
In many cases, local law requires you to specify the maximum possible rate for the room on the door or wardrobe posting, and that number will be for special event periods. I've had a cash stay where that door number was literally 10X what I was paying (summer rate for a ski area Park Hyatt)
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I booked a two night stay yesterday at the Le Grand for June 2018 using the Ambassador Free Night Certificate Rate. My credit card was soon charged for the first night. Is this a common practice at this hotel? Nowhere in the terms and conditions does it state that there is a deposit or that it is pre-pay. I may cancel just because I hate when hotels change the terms and conditions of a reservations without informing me.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:26 am

You have not been charged normally. But indeed, immediately after booking any rate, they will try your credit card for the first night rate. They will release it a few days after.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by 336
You have not been charged normally. But indeed, immediately after booking any rate, they will try your credit card for the first night rate. They will release it a few days after.
Now I am less worried, thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:48 am

My husband and I will be staying at the IC Le Grand for 2 nights next month for our 25 th anniversary. We would like to email the GM in advance , would anyone have the email address or advice on who better to contact? We are" lowly platinum" and staying on free night , so we realize that an upgrade is unlikely, but it may be nice to have the celebration acknowledged in some way.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:09 pm

Dear Mrs. and Mr. Flyerroberts,

It is a pleasure to welcome you at the Paris Intercontinental Le Grand. We are exhilarated to hear that you have chosen our hotel in the beautiful Paris to celebrate your anniversary.

On behalf of the InterContinetal team I wish you a pleasant stay. If there is anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of the hotel team.

Fixed that for you. Enjoy!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:34 pm

Can someone post the current Club Lounge hours and offerings? I read through this thread and it seems to change. Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
What would the upgrade be for a Gold ambassador if I book the Twin Beds Opera View Deluxe Room? Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by milgom
What would the upgrade be for a Gold ambassador if I book the Twin Beds Opera View Deluxe Room? Thanks
From my experience they are not strict about the "one category upgrade", they're usually generous for Ambassadors and since you plan to already book an Opera View Deluxe I suppose you're going to stay at least in a spacious Executive room. I've sometimes had Junior and Prestige suites when booked a lower category than Deluxe.

You'll love the hotel, they bend over backwards to please returning customers.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Originally Posted by Stealthmode
From my experience they are not strict about the "one category upgrade", they're usually generous for Ambassadors and since you plan to already book an Opera View Deluxe I suppose you're going to stay at least in a spacious Executive room. I've sometimes had Junior and Prestige suites when booked a lower category than Deluxe.

You'll love the hotel, they bend over backwards to please returning customers.
Thanks for your answer, looking forward to it.

I'm actually curious, would the upgrade for an Executive room be better than the upgrade of an Opera View Deluxe room? Mostly I'd love to get a Junior suite
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:41 am

Be careful what you wish for. The hotel is in an old historic building, so most junior suites have an awkward lay out, and face the inner courtyard.

If you want to have a view, the rooms facing outwards are obviously much nicers, than just having a little bit of extra space in the junior suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.