Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
No upgrade on points is to expect, and you got a free lunch which is awesome and expensive there. I would not complain. Our latest stay there we got upgrade sort of but no breakie. I would have chosen yours.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Plus the renovations are a very good and necessary thing. I've stayed at lots of hotels that are undergoing renovations. If you are unlucky enough to be close to loud drilling, then turn on some music or use a white noise generator, which anyone can download into their smartphone.
DonPedro likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
@smorgasboard -

Is that definitely hotel construction?

Rue Scribe has been full of scaffolding for a while now but that view looks like Blvd des Capucines...
In two recent stays I had no impact from construction once inside PLG....noise, views, nothing.In contrast to London Park Lane where there were frequent drilling noises, and corridors lined with plastic.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: IHG, Delta
White noise generator? The construction noise we had was far too loud to be masked by such a thing. We're talking a loud diesel crane, metal clanging, etc. When that thing fires up, you wake up, even with the decent noise isolation from the Le Grand's windows.

Turns out that the construction is indeed for the building on the other side of Boulevard des Capucines, which coincidentally is directly across from the LeGrand Capucines construction section right now. But, not all of the hotel along Capucines is under renovation, so anyone, like us, who gets a room in the Capucines wing (outside view) gets construction noise that is beyond the control of the hotel. And yes, they really did start the crane up at 8am on a Sunday in France.

As I said, the staff is doing their best under bad circumstances. Originally, they had told us they could move us after the first night into an Executive room but on the same side of the building and also lower to the street. That would have helped the space problem (2 people for 5 nights in a Classic room is too tight), but would have made the noise even worse. I was planning on moving to another hotel but when we went down this morning to find out what actual room they had planned for us, we asked again if there was anything else, perhaps an interior courtyard facing room. Turns out because we're not doing the Ambassador late checkout they were able to get us into an Deluxe room, Opera view (smaller than Executive, but big enough). It's high up, so street and subway noise will be less (but normal street noise is not a problem). Yes, this is a very nice upgrade and I'm more than pleased with what the hotel staff was able to do, and I'll be sure to send kudos to management about them.

Finally, I would note that there is ALSO another outdoor construction site at Hotel Scribe across the street from Le Grand's front entrance. I don't know how noisy that construction is. It's set to finish in Autumn of 2019 (https://www.journaldespalaces.com/ac...-of-Paris.html),

My experience at LeGrand right now means I would not book at this hotel again unless they could assure me I'd not get a room in either the Capucines nor Scribe wing or until the associated constructions are done. We'll see how the hotel's own construction plays out tomorrow (Monday) as much of the Opera wing is currently under renovation. RIght now I'm tired from not sleeping well last night.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: IHG, Delta
Monday Update

This morning was surprised and happy to see that the cranes (yes plural) on Boulevard des Capucines are gone! It appears Sunday mornings efforts were to get the cranes out and restore some of the driving lanes by the workday commute.

So this is good news.

There was was some noise from the construction across Rue Scribe at Hotel Scribe, but I can’t say if that was bothersome to rooms there or not.

I will I’ll say that the PLG’s own construction has not yet been a factor for our stay other than the appearance of the hotel from the outside, and the sidewalk condition around the hotel. Nothing on the inside is different as far as I can tell, which is remarkable.

Last night, in the slightly larger room, was great. Amazing what a few sq meters of space means when 2 people are in a room. The classic rooms should really be booked for 1 person or 1 night stays only.

And again, props to the hotel staff for accommodating us. They were also very good on our previous stay, when a KLM strike meant we needed another night and they found a way to keep us in the sane room even.
DonPedro likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:00 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3 million, IHG RA, United, Delta
We loved the Le Grand

I love the Le Grand Intercontinental Hotel in Paris, France. My sister and I arrived around noon from the train station and we went directly to the club lounge which is still on the 5th floor. We were greeted by Gilles in the club lounge. He had our room ready and had the bags sent directly to our room, and gave us a glass of champagne.

As a Royal Ambassador we were given a very nice upgrade. Even thought the hotel has started a renovation, we never saw or heard any of it. We were told that the club lounge will eventually be moved to the first floor, no one seems to know when. When this happens, we will certainly miss the beautiful view of the Opera House. As usual the food and drink was excellent! Having recently stayed at a Intercontinental Hotel that does not have a club lounge, you cannot beat this feature of the Le Grand.

My friend and I stayed for a week at the Le Grand in the fall of 2017, yet I was very impressed that everyone remembered my name and greeted me warmly. Several people went way above any job requirements and made our stay in Paris so enjoyable. Gilles, who is great! I have to mention Mayuui who always had all of the answers for our questions and it was a pleasure to see her again. This trip we did meet several new members to the staff of the club lounge and we appreciated the attention to every need that we had. Dwayne, Dimitrije, Simao, and Fleur were always so attentive. They are are all an asset to the hotel. Everyone was extremely friendly and yet also found a way to be very professional, which is not always the case in many Intercontinental Hotels.

I do hope that the management of the Le Grand is as appreciative of these individuals as we are.

The location of the Le Grand is perfect for walking almost anywhere. It is close to the department stores which we loved as well as museums. Thank you Gilles and staff for the wonderful spring time in Paris.
I hope this time, I have posted in the correct place.

Old May 5, 2018, 8:08 pm

By looking at the pictures of a renovated room, it looks like the renovation work is pretty minimal, which is pretty disappointing.
IMHO the current furniture in the rooms look very old and all of the furniture need to get replaced by new ones...it's not just the armchair that needs to be changed.
Honestly I never understood how this property can be a 5-star hotel under modern day standards.
The rooms are just too old and tired, and heavy renovation for rooms is past due.
Old May 6, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
We stayed from April 26th to April 28th (Fri-Sun). Arrived by car from Germany - break in Strasbourg one night. Garage opposite hotel entrance. Paid stay, booked Club room with Amb Cert. Upgrade to Opera view, room on Club Floor (5th). Typical room design with balcony. I like the furniture in Napoleon III style. Voucher for two drinks at the bar. Two bottles of juice and greeting card from GM in the room. Daily water. Club lounge with excellent service, very attend, very friendly, all team members to be mentioned. Good choices afternoon incl. cakes and champagne. Breakfast in the lounge with good choices, eggs/omelette comp. offered. Better than breakfast in the restaurant of other 5* luxury hotels. We were not disturbed by any renovation works in the hotel (if any).

Many thanks to the bellboys, front desk, concierge, Club lounge and bar team. Special thanks to the Club team for the very good cafe allonge always and that they understood patiently what I meant (no cafe filtre/americain).

Le Grand Club Lounge - Coffee time

Last edited by submonte; May 6, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Old May 8, 2018, 12:13 pm

Hi, I have booked 3 nights @ PLG for Sept 2018. 2 nights on ambassador certificate (IC club room) and 1 night for 70K points (classic).

Being an Ambassador Gold, what can I expect in terms of upgrade ? I have read people generally report back with upgrade to Opera View or Junior Suite. Since I have 2 different bookings with 2 diff room types, I am little confused what to expect.

I will have club access for only 2 nights and since my award night do not include B'fast, how easy or difficult to score a complimentary b'fast for one day?

At PLG, as a Club room guests, do we get a choice for the b'fast location, say at the restaurant (more elaborate spread) or at the lounge (less elaborate, quite)?

I also read that PLG is undergoing renovation. I hope things will be much sorted by Sept.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by agarwaga
Hi, I have booked 3 nights @ PLG for Sept 2018. 2 nights on ambassador certificate (IC club room) and 1 night for 70K points (classic).

Being an Ambassador Gold, what can I expect in terms of upgrade ? I have read people generally report back with upgrade to Opera View or Junior Suite. Since I have 2 different bookings with 2 diff room types, I am little confused what to expect.

I will have club access for only 2 nights and since my award night do not include B'fast, how easy or difficult to score a complimentary b'fast for one day?

At PLG, as a Club room guests, do we get a choice for the b'fast location, say at the restaurant (more elaborate spread) or at the lounge (less elaborate, quite)?

I also read that PLG is undergoing renovation. I hope things will be much sorted by Sept.

Thanks in advance.
1, Club access = lounge breakfast only. Restaurant b/f is still chargeable in full as an addon/upsell
(restaurant b/f if with lounge access is not a standard, and occurs < 30% of IC/CP hotels I frequent, same for Marriotts too so not IHG related)
2. Club Rooms are low down the list of room types, upgrade could be better view, exec room (ie larger) or Junior Suite
(but not JS with direct Opera View as that is aan extra/ higher cat of JS... )
3, 2x Paid (nights ... though bogo really 1x paid) followed by award, then PLG will be looking to let you stay in upgraded room
4. You'll need upsell on 3rd night to keep lounge access (circa 100euro, see wiki)
5. I happily take b/f in club lounge each time i stay
Old May 8, 2018, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
1, Club access = lounge breakfast only. Restaurant b/f is still chargeable in full as an addon/upsell
(restaurant b/f if with lounge access is not a standard, and occurs < 30% of IC/CP hotels I frequent, same for Marriotts too so not IHG related)
2. Club Rooms are low down the list of room types, upgrade could be better view, exec room (ie larger) or Junior Suite
(but not JS with direct Opera View as that is aan extra/ higher cat of JS... )
3, 2x Paid (nights ... though bogo really 1x paid) followed by award, then PLG will be looking to let you stay in upgraded room
4. You'll need upsell on 3rd night to keep lounge access (circa 100euro, see wiki)
5. I happily take b/f in club lounge each time i stay
Thank you Scubaccr. Check-out day happens to be my b'day, so I hope they treat us well and take care of the breakfast thing.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Is this new? I seem to remember you could take the breakfast at Café de la Paix as well before (this was as RA).
agarwaga - another option is in-room breakfast. We used it once when we had to leave very early (before breakfast was available in the lounge) and we were told we could order anything that was available at the club lounge.
Old May 9, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Romain_
Is this new? I seem to remember you could take the breakfast at Café de la Paix as well before (this was as RA).
agarwaga - another option is in-room breakfast. We used it once when we had to leave very early (before breakfast was available in the lounge) and we were told we could order anything that was available at the club lounge.
Hmmn, I am never offered this choice, and I did ask when I first stayed. To be honest I found CdlP b/f crowded etc, and ended up preferring the 5th floor lounge

The roomkey cards at PLG are I believe actually colour coded i)std key ii)lounge access included iii)breakfast included .

I guess colours help monitoring staff see at a glance, but I would not expect keeping a b/f card from earlier stay to work though, it would be abused.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Romain_
On two recent stays I was allowed choice of breakfast in the lounge or downstairs.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by DonPedro

On two recent stays I was allowed choice of breakfast in the lounge or downstairs.
I have to say, I am confused now ... as an RA, on my two recent stays, just 2 days apart over Easter, first time I was told - you can have breakfast in CdeP which I did - second time, I was charged and when I mentioned this checking out in the Club, they said No, it is extra, but as someone told you the first time, we will take it off your bill.

I have just checked back on my reservations, neither mentioned breakfast being included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.