Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA GOLD,DELTA DM, IC RA , HILTON GOLD, NAT. EE
city tax ?

I stayed 2 weeks ago on a FN from Chase .
UG to Junior suite with Club. Paid a 4 euro
tax . I believe they said it was a " new city tax."
I did not question it , as the club lounge staff
treated us great .
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
I can't access my bill online but as I recall it was some type of "city tax". I didn't want to contest it too much on checkout, i brought it up and she was insistent it was correct.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I have a stay coming up here at the end of November for two nights (using the AMB weekend cert).

I have booked the Club Intercontinental Room. A couple of questions if I may.....how early can one check in and does the club lounge have its own check in area or is it all at the front desk?

I'm hoping my Spire Ambassador status will get us up to a Junior Suite. Seems experiences of upgrades from the Club rooms can be hit and miss.

Last edited by Smythmeister; Nov 7, 2016 at 3:12 am
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Originally Posted by Smythmeister

I have booked the Club Intercontinental Room. A couple of questions if I may.....how early can one check in and does the club lounge have its own check in area or is it all at the front desk?

I'm hoping my Spire Ambassador status will get us up to a Junior Suite. Seems experiences of upgrades from the Club rooms can be hit and miss.
Stayed there in September, checked in at 11 AM (at the front desk, not lounge).

Had to fight over Amb upgrade as was given small courtyard room, although Club room (which I booked) description on the website said opera view and 355 sq ft. After showing that on my computer finally got an opera view.

I see they have now removed the mention of view from the Club room description so good luck…

Last edited by elva; Nov 7, 2016 at 12:44 pm
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by elva
Stayed there in September, checked in at 11 AM (at the front desk, not lounge).

Had to fight over Amb upgrade as was given small courtyard room, although Club room (which I booked) description on the website said opera view and 355 sq ft. After showing that on my computer finally got an opera view.

I see they have now removed the mention of view from the Club room description so good luck…
I'm not overly fussed about the room type we receive although I would like to think that a Club Room by virtue of being a club room would be better than standard, and then the AMB giving a better room still. I guess I will have to wait and see. It is a toss up between this and the other IC or indeed the Hilton where I have Diamond membership....decision, decisions!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by BigFishDave
I can't access my bill online but as I recall it was some type of "city tax". I didn't want to contest it too much on checkout, i brought it up and she was insistent it was correct.
It's a sliding scale by star classification and per person, per night: can't remember the rates but the max is around €3 per night.

Last edited by paolo64; Nov 7, 2016 at 12:58 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I have a stay coming up here at the end of November for two nights (using the AMB weekend cert).

I have been there three times and have checked in around 7am every time. Last time (in May) the room was not ready so we were given free breakfast (not worth the 80eu btw).

On another note, all the club staff is fantastic, as everyone has said. I am also in the habit of filling out the debrief survey after a Stay. I had not done that my first 2 stays. I did in May and received an email from the GM thanking me for my thoughtful comments and mentioning the staff by name. He also offered to once again upgrade us to a Prestige Suite and Club Access.

All of that to saw, it pays to be kind and I feel like that staff here really appreciates that and returns that kindness. They always make my SO and I feel great!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:42 pm

If you booked a club room, don't check in at reception. Take elevator to fifth floor and check in at Club Lounge. Difference of day and night.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 336
If you booked a club room, don't check in at reception. Take elevator to fifth floor and check in at Club Lounge. Difference of day and night.
I don't see any advantage of going to fifth floor lounge to checkin. You also have no idea if that would mean a wait to checkin behind other guests already checking in at the lounge.
You can see if main ground floor checkin is free, and only go upstairs if main checkin has big queue, which I have never seen.

I always checkin at main desk reception. Usually at least 4staff, all pleasant helpful quick, much much quicker than lounge if one has to wait on anoter guests checkin first! I can't remember waiting more than 5minutes ever there to checkin.

Maybe due to being RA, but main reception have always been exceedingly helpful during checkin, finding me a nice room, even changing a room twin beds type to a single king (in just 30minutes) so I don't need to have a temporary room on early checkin or wait on an Ambassador 4pm late checkout.

Seeing many guests trying to checkin in lounge whilst I am staying and using lounge, some guests are stuck waiting quite sometime if multiple guests checking n at same time whch often happens.

I find if my allocated upgrade room not ready and I wait in lounge, I may after a bit of too long a wait, ask staff there about findin a different room... only once so far.

Checkout I try lounge, but if a queue then ground floor reception checkout for me is also fine
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:15 am

So I've just rechecked the AMB cert rate for this coming weekend. My current booking was listed at €502.50 per night (same rate for Fri and Sat and this was the rate, not the average when I booked a few months ago), however now the rate is €435 for the first night and €530 for the second night.

I have cancelled my orginal booking and rebooked with the new rates. When I look at the price breakdown in the actual booking it shows an average of €477.50 for each night, rather than the split it shows before booking.

My question is, with the AMB weekend cert, what will I actually get charged?? Either way I'm still better off than my original booking but would be nice to get charged the €435 rather than €477.50!

Last edited by Smythmeister; Nov 21, 2016 at 4:24 am
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
You will actually be charged the Friday rate of €435 and not the average.

Those are the conditions for use of the certificate. Pay the rate for the first night, get the second night free.

mxm135
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by MXM135
You will actually be charged the Friday rate of €435 and not the average.

Those are the conditions for use of the certificate. Pay the rate for the first night, get the second night free.

mxm135
That's awesome, cheers mxm135

I'm sure the hotel will get it right but I will be sure to point it out to them if they don't.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:57 am

Has there been a revert to offering lounge access to RAs recently? Seems to have read recent upgrade posts all indicating club access offered.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: *G, QR Silver
Wonderful 4 nights stay at the Le Grand! (10 Nov to 14 Nov)

Reward nights but paid a supplement to upgrade to an Executive Room as I had 3 persons traveling. Room was beautifully sized. Comfortable King bed + a roll-in, with ample space to strew all the shopping + three huge luggages. The room also had a smallish walk-in closet.

Hotel was really nice to arrange welcome amenities, like fruits, petit fours, champagne and 3 bottles of Vittel water. They even put me on the 5th Floor, Capucines which had 3 small balconies with stunning views of the Eiffel. And I am just a lowly Gold.

Bathroom was comfortably sized. Water pressure, maintenance were all tip-top contrary to some experienced by fellow FTers.

Room service wasn't the best. Concierge, check-in folks were amazing.
Wasn't let down by dinner at Cafe de la Paix as well.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:27 am

Hmmm... My Club Intercontinental Room has changed to a twin bed opera view deluxe. For a romantic weekend away a twin room probably won't go down to well with the misses! Seems the preferences you set within the booking thing mean nothing as I specified one bed.

I've emailed the hotel, we'll see if they have any non twins. Availability looks a bit sparse online now, same for the other IC.

Whats the CP like in Paris??

Last edited by Smythmeister; Nov 22, 2016 at 11:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.