Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:46 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Has any IHG Elite members stayed here over Valentine's Day?

I am a Spire AMB and I booked 3 nights in a Club Room and am curious if they do anything like provide wine or other gifts in the room like they do for NYE?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The hotel thanked me for making them aware of the Club room size error on the website

Separately, it looks like the Ambassador member rate for Club Lounge access is now €130.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The hotel thanked me for making them aware of the Club room size error on the website

Separately, it looks like the Ambassador member rate for Club Lounge access is now €130.
Lounge Upsell Rate Everyone (non Ambassador/non-RA) = 140, from new rules Amb/RA which was to start January Ambassadors get 20% off Lounge fee upsell, so I make 140 x 80% = 112 Euro ?
(130 / 0.80 = 162.50 so 112euro should be Ambassador fee going forwards)

nb
And from 1st Feb 2017, in Europe it is going to be foc Longe for RAs, and from 1st March foc Lounge for RAs in Americas
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I asked for the Ambassador rate and the answer was:

"The Club Lounge access for our members is 130 € per day per room, when not included in the offer."

I will be at the hotel so will ask and confirm the rate. Will update here.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:31 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

I booked a 100% paid Club Room as a Spire Ambassador.

Just checked my profile and they "upgraded" me to an Eiffel Tower View Superior Room, which is advertised as 280 Sq Ft.

I have seen some posts about them not providing 355 sq ft rooms that are in the Club description.

Any recommendations on what I should ask for on arrival?

Last time they upgraded me to an Opera View Jr Suite, which I know was pure luck. But I don't feel like the Eiffel Tower Room is a solid "upgrade."

I will offer to pay for an upgrade but I figure I'd check with the forum to see how I should approach their upgrade they have given me already.

I check in in two days, and the hotel has plenty of other rooms available as of today.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 355F1
I booked a 100% paid Club Room as a Spire Ambassador.

Just checked my profile and they "upgraded" me to an Eiffel Tower View Superior Room, which is advertised as 280 Sq Ft.

I have seen some posts about them not providing 355 sq ft rooms that are in the Club description.

Any recommendations on what I should ask for on arrival?

Last time they upgraded me to an Opera View Jr Suite, which I know was pure luck. But I don't feel like the Eiffel Tower Room is a solid "upgrade."

I will offer to pay for an upgrade but I figure I'd check with the forum to see how I should approach their upgrade they have given me already.

I check in in two days, and the hotel has plenty of other rooms available as of today.
Yah quite a common issue. Depends what people prefer. I would revert and tell them that a much smaller room (view or not) isn't going to work for you and ask politely for other options. See what is offered.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:15 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by demue
Yah quite a common issue. Depends what people prefer. I would revert and tell them that a much smaller room (view or not) isn't going to work for you and ask politely for other options. See what is offered.
So I checked in today. Although the room description was an Eiffel Tower Superior View the lounge told me it was not a standard 280 sq ft Room that is is listed on the website.

It is 440 sq ft and about the same size as the Jr Suite I stayed in last year but without a sitting area. I am happy with the upgrade.

The Eiffel Tower view really only allows the top 1/3 of the structure to be seen.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:54 pm

I booked a Club room and was kindly updated to a Junior Suite last weekend. Nice room on 1st floor (Capucine wing).
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:54 am

Can I use the IHG one year anniversary at this hotel? Any hidden fees apply ?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by rocco24
Can I use the IHG one year anniversary at this hotel? Any hidden fees apply ?
Yes and No - but the standard rooms are VERY small unless you are upgraded, not recommended for a couple for more than 1 night.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Yes and No - but the standard rooms are VERY small unless you are upgraded, not recommended for a couple for more than 1 night.
It is okay it is not like I am going to spend the whole day in the hotel as long as they have a bed when we can crash all good. Hidden fees though ?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by rocco24
It is okay it is not like I am going to spend the whole day in the hotel as long as they have a bed when we can crash all good. Hidden fees though ?
No, as I said above!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
No, as I said above!
Perfect. Thank you
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
So from what I see this hotel doesn't have any suite upgrade exclusions in the T&Cs. So if I book the Opera House View Prestige Suite, I'm guaranteed an upgrade to the Royal Two Bedrooms Suite (two-tier upgrade)??

Does anyone have recommendations for the best room to aim for?

p.s. - this would be using my AMB certificate.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
So from what I see this hotel doesn't have any suite upgrade exclusions in the T&Cs. So if I book the Opera House View Prestige Suite, I'm guaranteed an upgrade to the Royal Two Bedrooms Suite (two-tier upgrade)???
No of course there is no guarantee. If someone else has paid for that suite you won't get it. You can call and ask what your upgrade options are when booking, but you may not get a satisfactory answer. It is absolutely a YMMV situation.

Personally I've been upgraded from the lowest room to an Ambassador Suite a few times. Even on reward nights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.