Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by DonPedro
Thanks for the heads up on the renovation work.

I've searched but can't find details, do you have a link to photos?

The bathrooms/plumbing without a doubt could do with work, but I like the current decor. It's what gives the place its character. I'm worried by the term "white and bright"! PLG is not the W!
I don't know of any online source. If you stay in the hotel, look in your room for the hotel newsletter which has all the details and photos. HOWEVER, after my post I dug a little deeper with some staff and it appears that the renovation may likely be delayed. No one professes awareness of any details yet.

As for white and bright, think the new renovated rooms at the IC Park Lane London. Not the W. And yes Rochon is the one who did the ballroom, etc. a couple years ago.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:57 am

Will be staying here Dec 28-Jan 2nd. Should I get a Eiffel Tower suite or Paris Opera Deluxe Room? They cost relatively the same, I’m a platinum ambassador. The stays will be paid, non award. Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Z1H2
Will be staying here Dec 28-Jan 2nd. Should I get a Eiffel Tower suite or Paris Opera Deluxe Room? They cost relatively the same, I’m a platinum ambassador. The stays will be paid, non award. Thanks!
Personal preference of course, but we always pick the Eiffel Tower because well, it's the Eiffel Tower! It's nice to hang out on the balcony at night and watch the lights. Also make sure you have lounge access. It really is wonderful.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:09 pm

According to the hotel's website, the renovation will be done in 2 phases beginning mid-January 2018. The hotel will remain open during the entire renovation period. There are four pictures of the renovated rooms and they all look white and bright (and with a lot of grey too), just as stimpy noted from pictures from the hotel's newsletter.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up

Renovation update:

The work has begun already on the 5th floor.

The plan is that in 2019 a new and larger club will open on the 1st floor. It all sounds great.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:34 am

Thinking of staying at the Le Grand for a few days in a couple weeks on award stays and was wondering what everyones experience was with upgrades as a platinum level. Feels like a waste of points because the paid rates are affordable but as a broke college student, I don't have the most funds. I just have 150k points I don't mind burning through.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by stimpy
Renovation update:

The work has begun already on the 5th floor.

The plan is that in 2019 a new and larger club will open on the 1st floor. It all sounds great.
Hmmm. A lot of the charm of the club comes from a) the fact that it is on two levels, which tends to keep people with food downstairs and keep upstairs quieter and b) the huge amount of light on the top floor and the view of the roof of the opera house.

Unless they do it on the opera side it could go horribly wrong.
Roger likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:52 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3 million, IHG RA, United, Delta
Le grand paris, france

What can I say about our stay at the Le Grand IC in Paris! Two over 70 women had a Fabulous TIME! Thank you so much to Gilles for the wonderful accommodations and marking certain that when we returned we had the same type of accommodation. Being a RA meant we had a wonderful upgrade and access to the club lounge. The entire staff at the Club Lounge was unbelievable! Besides being so friendly, they were at the same time very professional. They took care of everything for us, from printing directions, to recommendations on where to shop, making great drinks and I cannot forget our train departures. I love this hotel and I wish I could spend more than a week here. The club lounge is a great place to meet people and in fact I am currently in Lebanon at the Phoenicia IC and one of the individuals I met in Paris, just came to spend a weekend with us! Great to meet new friends.
BlytheB likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
How lovely! We so often only hear the bad on these forums. It’s a breath of fresh air when we hear the good!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
It's one of my favorite ICs.
Somehow I never got to like the IC Marceau, and the lack of a Club Lounge is a major disadvantage.
I do remember fondly the IC Vendome (became a Westin a decade ago) adjacent to the Louvre.
The Grand is a massive hotel -- in its day the largest in the world, so some rooms require quite the walk.
My favorite room was an "Opera Suite" (I think they have a junior, a regular and a "prestige" version). Never had a Presidential Suite there, though I am sure it's lovely.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
Gilles in the club lounge is amazing! He was so helpful and caring when I was there and my brother's wife became ill.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:31 pm

Is the club lounge closed in light of the ongoing renovation or has it been moved elsewhere in the interim?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by britinva79
Is the club lounge closed in light of the ongoing renovation or has it been moved elsewhere in the interim?
The Club will not close. The 5th floor club will remain open until the 1st floor club is ready to open in 2019.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
The Club will not close. The 5th floor club will remain open until the 1st floor club is ready to open in 2019.
Thanks for the update!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Gold, Accor Gold
I'm planning on booking using my AMB BOGOF certificate for a 2 night stay.
For the weekend and room I'm thinking of, the second night cost is 40 euros more than the first night cost. It says that you pay for the first night and second night free. So in reality does this mean:
  • pay just the first night rate quoted on the website
  • or the cheapest night out of the two is free
  • or 50% of the total cost?
And do you get a guaranteed 4pm check out as an AMB?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.