Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Jocelyn_M
This forum has proven to be very useful, but I've got a few questions about a future booking I want to make...apologies because I realize that these questions have been answered but I want to make sure.

1. I have an Ambassador weekend night cert. To use this do I prepay for the room and then get refunded when I present at the hotel? Booking online, it's not recognizing the cert and charging me for the room. Can I book a club room with this?
ANS = Cannot prepay, Amb Bogo Cert nights are booked at an IC's BEST FLEX rate, at checkin you handover cert and only get charged for first night of the two night stay

2. Is anyone familiar with booking a room using a combination of points plus cash? Online I only have the option of booking a Classic Room. Would I get an Ambassador upgrade from a classic to a superior? I want to avoid the tiny classic room.
ANS = You must use official Bogo Ambweekend cert link to book online

3. Basically, I just really would like to try out that club lounge! Rates are coming up as 465 Eur for a jr suite (I'm going next month). Is it worth it to just say separately for the lounge for a few days? Could I add club for 140 Euro? I read that I could pay for the lounge. Is the 140 E per person?
ANS
a)Officially certs not valid for Suites, but yes valid for std and club rooms
b)Unofficially many IC's allow their Suites to be booked using bogo certs
c)Amb weekend slots are limited, jusy bcause flex rates still sold does not mean you can book a bogo w/end stay
d)Yes UPSELL at checkin, upgrade or club-lounge is available but be aware, upsell is charged on both the bogo nights not just first night. A good reason to book the full room+club wanted upfront online

4. Is it best to just call them when booking? Mon francais est mauvais! I want to be prepared :-)
ANS
a)book bogo online
b)no need to contact IC hotel , you get room at checkin, bogo booking is free 2nd night. Both nights receive full Ambasador bennie, eg Room Upgrade

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: IHG
Thanks scubaccr!

I followed your advice and it worked perfectly. :-)

I booked a overnight stay and used my AMB cert. Then, I started a new reservation and used a combo of points + cash for the remainder of the nights.

I went back and forth about booking club room, but we're travelling with family that isn't staying at the Grand and we have a few day trips planned (Versailles and Normandy) so I won't have a good chance to take advantage of it. Plus we love eating out in Paris and trying new restaurants, markets, etc.

In the end I booked a superior room for the AMB and a classic room for the other reservation...I do hope I get upgraded and am able to stay in my superior room but if not oh well!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:33 pm

Do award nights at this property generally open up towards the date of booking? My wife and I are going to Paris in three weeks for a weekend and we would love to stay here.

Saturday night is available but Friday night is currently unavailable. Is it worth it for me to book the refundable award night for Saturday and see if availability opens up for Friday or am I wasting my time?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:27 am

Prolly a more generic questions than just for this hotel: is valet parking charged per night, or per 24h?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by 336
Prolly a more generic questions than just for this hotel: is valet parking charged per night, or per 24h?
If you are there just for a brief visit, like lunch or dinner, I think you don't have to pay the full rate. But if you stay overnight, then yes you pay the full rate even if it is less than 24h.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:27 am

I will be staying there. So the question is rather what happens when I go over the 24h.

Let’s say an 8AM arrival, and 2PM departure next day.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would be booked as one day rate in my experience. Just like the room.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by alexperi
I am in a similar situation for an anniversary stay at the IC Le Grand with my wife in November. I wonder if you could let me know how to contact you or someone else at the hotel to see if there is any chance of an upgrade for us -
another couple of lowly Platinums?!

Many thanks in advance.
So I've recently stayed at PLG in a similar situation - although I was Platinum AND Ambassador at the time - and on my 8th(ish) visit...

I just emailed the hotel's reservations team a few days before arrival to let them know we were celebrating a landmark birthday.

They could not have been more amazing. Wonderful upgrades, treats, attention, personal service...perfect.

I was already a devoted fan but this has won me over forever more.

So, just let them know the details of your stay, join Ambassador if you haven't already, and cross your fingers. Good luck!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DonPedro
So I've recently stayed at PLG in a similar situation - although I was Platinum AND Ambassador at the time - and on my 8th(ish) visit...

I just emailed the hotel's reservations team a few days before arrival to let them know we were celebrating a landmark birthday.

They could not have been more amazing. Wonderful upgrades, treats, attention, personal service...perfect.

I was already a devoted fan but this has won me over forever more.

So, just let them know the details of your stay, join Ambassador if you haven't already, and cross your fingers. Good luck!
Out of curiosity...what sort of things did they do?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
What email adress should I use for room requests for an upcoming stay? (via PM, if it should not be posted here)
I'd like to let the hotel know, that for my next stay I prefere a room with outside view more than the usual given JunSuites with view to the pyramide. (RA)

Thx!

Last edited by hannes08; Oct 27, 2017 at 9:52 am
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by hannes08
What email adress should I use for room requests for an upcoming stay? (via PM, if it should not be posted here)
I'd like to let the hotel know, that for my next stay I prefere a room with outside view more than the usual given JunSuites with view to the pyramide. (RA)

Thx!
[email protected]
[email protected]

I've gotten responses back with both of these addresses.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI the hotel will undergo a massive restoration project starting in December. Phase 1 will last 18 months and phase 2 will last 16 months. Designer Pierre-Yves Rochon. They say the work will be done in a way that won't disturb guests. I guess one wing/floor at a time.

There are some photos of what the rooms will look like and yes, the red walls will be gone. It will be white and bright. I think the most major changes will be in the bathrooms and the overall plumbing of the hotel. That's what is needed the most.

However the hotel did achieve a 5-star ranking earlier this summer so even in its current state it's pretty great.
Roger likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Rochon did the previous refurb didn't he? Guy has a decent pedigree.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Out of curiosity...what sort of things did they do?
Hi Lewis42

Apologies, I just saw your question.

I mentioned in my post what they did for us. I didn't want to be more specific as, in my visits to PLG, every stay is different.

With a hotel of this quality you'd expect wonderful service, but let's just say that in this case they went beyond the normal. Upgrades were a part of this, but staff attitude/behaviour were also a major contributor. Flawless!
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
There are some photos of what the rooms will look like and yes, the red walls will be gone. It will be white and bright. I think the most major changes will be in the bathrooms and the overall plumbing of the hotel. That's what is needed the .
Hi Stimpy.

Thanks for the heads up on the renovation work.

I've searched but can't find details, do you have a link to photos?

The bathrooms/plumbing without a doubt could do with work, but I like the current decor. It's what gives the place its character. I'm worried by the term "white and bright"! PLG is not the W!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.