Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by skaya
Does anyone know the kids policy in the temporary lounge? Has this changed recently?
Our kids were most welcome in the temporary lounge a month or so ago.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Does anyone know the kids policy in the temporary lounge? Has this changed recently?
In all the years I've been going there the only policy has been common sense. If your kids don't bother other people they will be fine.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by stimpy
In all the years I've been going there the only policy has been common sense. If your kids don't bother other people they will be fine.
Just noted the "no children" language on the club room description. I had no eyebrows last year at the old lounge.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were some kids playing. They were well behaved but still running around in the entrance area... shouldn’t have been an issue for people.

the lounge staff then opened a cupboard and got out some remote control cars and toys which I thought was a nice touch. But once again the kids kept to a sort of area and didn’t disrupt the others.

i wish I could’ve played with the cars 😑
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:48 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by Lewis42
I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were some kids playing. They were well behaved but still running around in the entrance area... shouldn’t have been an issue for people.

the lounge staff then opened a cupboard and got out some remote control cars and toys which I thought was a nice touch. But once again the kids kept to a sort of area and didn’t disrupt the others.

i wish I could’ve played with the cars 😑
Thanks! Just let us know next time and you can play! They were my kids and our cars stored there. Left from the day before
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Thanks! Just let us know next time and you can play! They were my kids and our cars stored there. Left from the day before
Why do I sometimes get the feeling everybody in the club lounge are from FT?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by whimike
scary right!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by whimike
Originally Posted by Lewis42
scary right!
I was just in the club lounge at the Conrad Bangkok and sitting one table over was a FTer I regularly see at the Boston DOs
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
I just came back from a 3 night stay at the IC Paris Le Grand. Unfortunately, the comments here are mostly accurate - my stay was somewhat disappointing. To summarise:

- The hotel design was stunning, and the best feature of the hotel
- The in room tea/coffee was just a kettle and Nescafe!
- The arrival amenity was some oranges and shortbread. This was their thanks for me being an IC Ambassador!
- I was given no upgrade, as I booked with IHG points

I have written a full review https://soulfultravelguy.com/article...e-grand-review.

Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rather different for me over NYE. I also booked with points, as RA, and received a significant upgrade to a newly renovated Prestige Suite. It was a beautiful room and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Club staff were excellent as always.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by enox5
You write in your review:
“My return flight left Paris at 9pm and I requested to check out at 6pm - but I was told that they could only offer a 4pm check-out. I’m sure that the reception lady could have given us a later check-out, if she really wanted to.”

I wouldn’t be so sure, considering the hotel is running at a much lower capacity than normal.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Rather different for me over NYE. I also booked with points, as RA, and received a significant upgrade to a newly renovated Prestige Suite. It was a beautiful room and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Club staff were excellent as always.
That might be the difference between being an IC Ambassador and a RA. One requires ~50 nights a year and the other requires a payment of $150. I don't have any issue with better treatment for RA's - you give a lot of business to IHG

I just think that they could have provided more to platinum ambassadors. The amenity gift was some shortbread and some oranges!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by ILS2
You write in your review:
“My return flight left Paris at 9pm and I requested to check out at 6pm - but I was told that they could only offer a 4pm check-out. I’m sure that the reception lady could have given us a later check-out, if she really wanted to.”

I wouldn’t be so sure, considering the hotel is running at a much lower capacity than normal.
It's just the feeling I got when speaking to her. I didn't feel like she wanted to go the extra mile for elites. I could have pushed it, but for the sake of 2 hours, I didn't want to be jerk

From the thread here, people have very different experiences at the hotel, YMMV

In general, IHG is great for free nights, but very poor for elite benefits (in my view). But this the weakest set of benefits I have got as an IC Ambassador. When I stayed at the IC Boston, they upgraded us to overlook the water. And that is in the US, where every 3rd guy is an elite!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by enox5
It's just the feeling I got when speaking to her. I didn't feel like she wanted to go the extra mile for elites. I could have pushed it, but for the sake of 2 hours, I didn't want to be jerk

From the thread here, people have very different experiences at the hotel, YMMV

In general, IHG is great for free nights, but very poor for elite benefits (in my view). But this the weakest set of benefits I have got as an IC Ambassador. When I stayed at the IC Boston, they upgraded us to overlook the water. And that is in the US, where every 3rd guy is an elite!
I'm wondering how you are talking about loyalty and elite guest, when you sign up for a program which costs you 150 or 200USD. It has nothing to do with loyalty. Its also weird to compare yourself to guys like stimpy who is RA (and therewith have proven loyalty and lots of spend to IHG)
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes and there is loyalty to the hotel itself which counts more than brand loyalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.