Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ninjalad
is Cafe de la Paix ok or should I search something nearby?
Yes it’s good, but can be very busy, very touristy, and is relatively expensive.

There are plenty of good - and cheaper - places nearby.

La Fourchette is a good source of info.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by DonPedro
In my experience this is what happens at PLG - this is the room type that appears in the days leading up to arrival. It doesnt mean you’ll get twin beds.

But Stimpy’s advice is also good. No harm in dropping them a friendly email.

I did let them know. Just landed at CDG and reservation is still showing Twin Room. Plenty of other rooms and suites available, including Exec now. Hmmm
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
VaBeachGirl Good luck and enjoy Paris!
ninjalad Stay safe and healthy!

Let us know how you've experienced the renovated rooms!
Much appreciated!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I did let them know. Just landed at CDG and reservation is still showing Twin Room. Plenty of other rooms and suites available, including Exec now. Hmmm
Don‘t worry, you are Spire RA, will get a huge upgrade incl your preferred bed style

And even with less status you would get a king room upon request
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Well I’m in the hotel now , the reservation showed executive twin for a week and then changed two days ago to a junior suite. Which is what I have .
I have to say that I’m impressed for a stay on points 😉
Spire amenity points posted before I checked in , the lounge is very nice with some delicious snacks and charming staff . When I said that I needed a cab for 6am they offered to have coffee ready for me in the lobby at checkout.
Dinner in restaurant was fine but nothing special
HadesNL and DonPedro like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
ninjalad Thanks for letting us know how your stay went!
That's a thoughful touch to have a coffee on the go ready for your early deoarture, glad to see PLG still providing hospitality.

Good to hear the new IC club is getting back on track.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
I've booked sat/sun in the Club room using my AMB certificate and booked the Friday in classic room using points. What are the odds of club lounge access being extended to all days of the stay?

What is the next category above the club room for the amb guaranteed upgrade? The next available room for booking on my weekend is the jr suite but I think there are other categories in between?
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by s1362083
I've booked sat/sun in the Club room using my AMB certificate and booked the Friday in classic room using points. What are the odds of club lounge access being extended to all days of the stay?

What is the next category above the club room for the amb guaranteed upgrade? The next available room for booking on my weekend is the jr suite but I think there are other categories in between?
I can't say anything certain regarding the club lounge access being extended, however I'd assume the respective charge to be applied (iirc EUR150; I don't know, if there is a discount for AMB).

It appears that the general policy is is an upgrade to an Executive room from a booked Club room.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by s1362083

Highly unlikely you’ll receive complimentary lounge access on the Friday on points. If you want to ensure you have lounge access on the day of your arrival, you’re better off using the weekend Amb certificate for Fri/Sat and book Sunday on points.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 4:17 pm

I don’t think it matters what might you stay on points it is not IHG policy to give Ambassador members club access unless paid for ..
If you want access then they should give you a reduced rate , I think I read somewhere 100€
Given the prices for a drink or breakfast that seems a bargain 😉
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I don’t think it matters what might you stay on points it is not IHG policy to give Ambassador members club access unless paid for ..
If you want access then they should give you a reduced rate , I think I read somewhere 100€
Given the prices for a drink or breakfast that seems a bargain 😉
I ended up cancelling the first night on points and just stayed 2 nights booked in the club room. They upgraded to Executive room allegedly but the room overlooked the roof with AC systems.. I assume that isn't the 'Chic courtyard' that the hotel website description refers to for this room category. Nor did the bathroom have separate shower and bath as advertised on the website. When I called front desk, I was told quite curtly that I was indeed in the correct room.

Welcome amenity was a large bottle of water, 3 oranges and a tin of shortbread.

They didn't do anything wrong but certainly didn't feel like anything special. The opera view and junior suites were available on my dates so would have been nice to have been upgraded to but can't really complain when they've done the minimum required.

​​​​
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:02 am

Club Lounge

Now things have settled down since refurbishment has there been any improvement in the Club Lounge service? it was a real shame to hear the food service had been cut back significantly - was this just a COVID restrictions or is it still v limited?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by LondonGlobalist
Now things have settled down since refurbishment has there been any improvement in the Club Lounge service? it was a real shame to hear the food service had been cut back significantly - was this just a COVID restrictions or is it still v limited?
I'm not sure how it was before but my observations this weekend:
- drinks all day
- breakfast buffet with few hot items inc. a la carte eggs
- afternoon snacks - bad sandwiches and excellent cakes/macrons. So good in fact that we bought some macrons to take away as presents
- evening snacks - limited oysters/prawns/snails and plenty of other bits and bobs

It would not be a satisfying lunch or dinner but as far as 'free' snacks go, I was fairly pleased. But I never visited the lounge in its glory days so I'm probably too easily impressed!
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:55 am

I was quite impressed with the evening offer in the lounge but I don’t expect it to be a dinner . What was there was of good quality and was great to nibble with some bubbly before going to dinner .
I was under the impression that IHG had reduced the quantity of evening food and improved the quality. For me it certainly worked in Berlin before the lounge closed
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:32 pm

@ninjalad: thanks for the update!

Just made a booking for Easter for 1 prestige suite + a club room.
The booking engine has simplified all options so you can't book the specific Palais Garnier view anymore
Hope they have a connecting door option but i will email them in advance of our requests.

I saw on the website that the lounge has published times for:
- breakfast 7-11H
- afternoon tea 14.30-16.30H
- hors d'ouevres 17-20H

Any recommendations for easy (walkable) dinner options in the neighbourhood?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.