Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Whats the CP like in Paris??
Spire Member get lounge access with breakfast at the restaurant.
Room will be upgraded to club floor and/or One Bedroom Suite.

You can't compare the CP with the IC, they are too different.
If you look at the price, the CP is very ok.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Is lounge food and drinks much worse in CP compared to IC?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:44 am

Haven't been to the CP lounge, but even if CP lounge is very good, Le Grand lounge offerings will be much better. It is one of the best lounges IC-wide.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Hmmm... My Club Intercontinental Room has changed to a twin bed opera view deluxe. For a romantic weekend away a twin room probably won't go down to well with the misses! Seems the preferences you set within the booking thing mean nothing as I specified one bed.

I've emailed the hotel, we'll see if they have any non twins. Availability looks a bit sparse online now, same for the other IC.

Whats the CP like in Paris??
The twin bed bases can be pushed together and fastened.
IC-PLG has mattress cupboards on each floor and can then swap twins mattresses for a king or vice-versa

Obviously supply cupboard of mattresses has limited number of spares to swap over.

Hotel has done that for me to give me an Opera j-s that was furnished as a twin when i needed a King, I had my room modified to a king bed within 45minutes of reception putting the wheels in motion.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Well checking my reservation today shows I've been bumped up to a Prestige Suite. Lets hope that's what I get when I check in tomorrow
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:47 am

Well checking my reservation today shows I've been bumped up to a Prestige Suite. Lets hope that's what I get when I check in tomorrow
Nice upgrade, jumping the Opera Rooms, hope upgrade sticks for you.

Hopefully you will get a 5th floor Prestigue Suite.... the rooms off of the right hand corridor as you exit the lounge. They are just so convenient when one has club access.

You even get 4 small balconies overlooking Rue Scribe as you get 4 rooms from right to left... bathroom/bedroom/storage closset room /Living Room each with a small balcony

ps
At least you see a mod/upgrade, as I have booked coming Fri+Sat IC-ParkLane London-Exec room (as includes club lounge) and no modify yet. A dummy booking search 1830pm shows only 1x Suite left as a better room type than my booked room.... maybe/hopefully I will get a boost to one of the signature suites as RA for the first time this week end, I have topped out at Deluxe Suites on several past RA stays at IC-PL

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 24, 2016 at 11:53 am
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Nice upgrade, jumping the Opera Rooms, hope upgrade sticks for you.

Hopefully you will get a 5th floor Prestigue Suite.... the rooms off of the right hand corridor as you exit the lounge. They are just so convenient when one has club access.

You even get 4 small balconies overlooking Rue Scribe as you get 4 rooms from right to left... bathroom/bedroom/storage closset room /Living Room each with a small balcony

ps
At least you see a mod/upgrade, as I have booked coming Fri+Sat IC-ParkLane London-Exec room (as includes club lounge) and no modify yet. A dummy booking search 1830pm shows only 1x Suite left as a better room type than my booked room.... maybe/hopefully I will get a boost to one of the signature suites as RA for the first time this week end, I have topped out at Deluxe Suites on several past RA stays at IC-PL
I hope it sticks too - will make for a great weekend in Paris. From your description the Prestige Suites sound ideal!

My experience of Park Lane tends to be they change it the day before. Maybe it just depends who's on the reservations shift at the time! PL have always been very strict with the upgrades for me although I am only a lowly Spire AMB. Guess it all depends on availability at the time. If they have the higher cat rooms free why not put top end loyalty customers in them.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:06 am

I hope it sticks too - will make for a great weekend in Paris. From your description the Prestige Suites sound ideal!

My experience of Park Lane tends to be they change it the day before. Maybe it just depends who's on the reservations shift at the time! PL have always been very strict with the upgrades for me although I am only a lowly Spire AMB. Guess it all depends on availability at the time. If they have the higher cat rooms free why not put top end loyalty customers in them.
Even at 3pm checkin booking was unmodded. I was hoping for a low type signature suite (eg Spa Suite) BUT am very lucky and scoring the 4th biggest room, the Wellington Suite (room 520). After that the rooms go Presidential Suite, London Suite (a Duplex) and Royal Suite.

All the ICPL hotel suites are booked out, though some standad Superior/Deluxe rooms are available.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Even at 3pm checkin booking was unmodded. I was hoping for a low type signature suite (eg Spa Suite) BUT am very lucky and scoring the 4th biggest room, the Wellington Suite (room 520). After that the rooms go Presidential Suite, London Suite (a Duplex) and Royal Suite.

All the ICPL hotel suites are booked out, though some standad Superior/Deluxe rooms are available.
The best room in PL I've ever received is the one bed suite,which was great. Not massive but lovely that you can shut the living area out with the sliding doors.

Currently in an Opera View Junior Suite here at Le Grand. It's really great, I love the super high ceilings. So far, our experience here is very good,including the club lounge which has very decent offerings indeed.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:31 am

Currently in an Opera View Junior Suite here at Le Grand. It's really great, I love the super high ceilings. So far, our experience here is very good,including the club lounge which has very decent offerings indeed.
Could you by any chance snap a photo of the evening spread? Any photos would be appreciated anyway. Is there a lunch spread?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by geelgors
Is there a lunch spread?
There's food throughout the day. Champagne too. The only time the table is empty is when they are switching from one service to another.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Originally Posted by geelgors
Could you by any chance snap a photo of the evening spread? Any photos would be appreciated anyway. Is there a lunch spread?
Lunch and evening spread may look similar sometimes.

Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:10 pm

Thanks to hannes08 as I actually didn't get any photos of the club lounge at all! That spread looks about right and in the evening they have two hot dishes too. A very good club lounge in my opinion, we were not left wanting on our two night stay at all.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:28 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Is €335 the cheapest rate offered for a Club Room here?

Seeing that for a Feb 2017 stay.

I think I paid €470 earlier this year.

Last edited by 355F1; Dec 10, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Old Dec 10, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Is €335 the cheapest rate offered for a Club Room here?

Seeing that for a Feb 2017 stay.

I think I paid €470 earlier this year.
Is that a weekend 20/30/50% off promo for Europe/UK stays 1st Jan - 28th Feb that IHG are currently running ? IC-PLG is participating
(although no points/stay credit as a non-qual rate... so no good for accelerator 1Q2017)

https://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glo...s/winter-offer
Members must book minimum five per the T&Cs (only three by the rate rules though) days in advance or by December 15, 2016, and the stay length must be at least two nights to enjoy the discount.

nb
Even if can only book a Standard Room with promo... you can upsell at checkin for Lounge access with the savings
BUT plug in 10-13 Feb2017 weekend AND IC-PLG Club Room = EUR223/night (even midweek eg 7-9Feb just EUR240/night)
OR
OPERA HOUSE VIEW PRESTIGE SUITE EUR 453/night ... Next Room Cats (Amb Upgrade) are to Ambassador suite/Royal suite/Presidential Suite and IC-PLG is not in list of hotels excluding certain suites from Amb/RA upgrades

Last edited by scubaccr; Dec 10, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.