Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by StoobyDoo
Interesting, while Le Grand is dated that's part of the hotel's charm. Any idea when this is to occur?
While I would agree, dated is not the same as falling apart. My junior suite was crumbling, literally. The plaster was coming off the walls, there were various holes throughout the room, etc. If they are going to charge 300+ per night, a renovation is the proper thing to do.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
While I would agree, dated is not the same as falling apart. My junior suite was crumbling, literally. The plaster was coming off the walls, there were various holes throughout the room, etc. If they are going to charge 300+ per night, a renovation is the proper thing to do.
This was my experience in the Junior Suit this week. Run down room. The TV didn't work (had to be replaced). The shower was smaller than any shower I've ever see at any IHG property.

I was particularly frustrated that the power plugs next to the bed were too far away to be useful. I literally while on the bed, could not look at my phone and charge at the same time. Come on, this is ridiculous.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JimmyJoe
I was particularly frustrated that the power plugs next to the bed were too far away to be useful. I literally while on the bed, could not look at my phone and charge at the same time. Come on, this is ridiculous.
This particular problem is true of just about any luxury hotel that was built or renovated prior to our obsession with smartphones and tablets. I'm sure that after they renovate there will be more outlets and one on each side of the bed close by. You see this at top hotels all over the world in the last two years after a renovation. But hotels that haven't been renovated recently, even at top brands like Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, etc., they don't have power outlets that are as convenient as we need them to be in this smartphone age.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
hey all

im contemplating staying here next month instead of my usual PH Paris (going downhill... :c ) . Im thinking of staying for 3 nights, and have some questions re: a good strategy to use my points / amb cert.

So, I definitely want to check out the lounge, and am considering using Virtuoso to book the first night and then using my amb cer to pay 1 for 2 weekend nights on a cheaper rate. Do you think the hotel will extend the club access for my 2 remaining nights? Is this purely YMMV?

If I just use points all the way, is the $120 for club access valid for my whole stay? Or is it per day? I know some hotels charge per day..
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:59 am

Your strategy with booking a Virtuoso night might work. (You don't need a key card to access the lounge.)

When it comes to the fee, it is 120 EUR, and per day.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Any recent experiences at this hotel? I dropped my Ambassador status and will be staying as platinum on credit card free nights and wonder what to expect.

Setting expectations low knowing classic rooms are small but hoping for a decent view. A bit worried about run-down room or noisy room location.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TxTrav
Any recent experiences at this hotel? I dropped my Ambassador status and will be staying as platinum on credit card free nights and wonder what to expect.

Setting expectations low knowing classic rooms are small but hoping for a decent view. A bit worried about run-down room or noisy room location.
I was here over the holidays and all went very well. I was in a suite with terrace and Club, but every once in a while I see a Classic room. They always look to be very sumptuous and high quality. But no room for much else in the room other than the bed and desk.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond

I'm now just a lowly Plat myself, having stayed at this property as RA and A prior to that.

If you can spring for it, using a Virtuoso agent and booking something higher than a classic room is worth it, imho. Club access + upgrade. That's what I did on my last stay in November, as I have been spoiled at this hotel with upgrades when I had the status, and can't bear the idea of being in a classic room here.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I'm now just a lowly Plat myself, having stayed at this property as RA and A prior to that.

If you can spring for it, using a Virtuoso agent and booking something higher than a classic room is worth it, imho. Club access + upgrade. That's what I did on my last stay in November, as I have been spoiled at this hotel with upgrades when I had the status, and can't bear the idea of being in a classic room here.
That is exactly what I do here, having been spoiled as an RA!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:36 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Hello, FT Peeps!

I have a 3-night stay booked at this hotel in April.

1st night is Paid Club Room rate, and nights 2 & 3 are the same Club Room Rate but on the AMB BOGO cert.

I just got a schedule change notice from Delta and due to a new connection time under the minimum for ATL I am going to be able to stay an extra night in Paris (taking my mom for her birthday as she has never been outside of the US).

If I book the 4th night with 50,000 points into a regular single-bedded room (all that is available), do you think they will make us change rooms on the 4th night? Could I maybe just pay the difference to stay in the Club Room/suite they upgrade us to?

I am a Spire Ambassador but have never stayed at this particular IC and have heard they are one of the strictest and least likely to give freebies to anyone unless you are a regualr guest there.

Last edited by 355F1; Jan 24, 2016 at 7:36 pm
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
If I book the 4th night with 50,000 points into a regular single-bedded room (all that is available), do you think they will make us change rooms on the 4th night? Could I maybe just pay the difference to stay in the Club Room/suite they upgrade us to?
I seriously doubt they will make you move. But do NOT call the hotel about this. When you check in at the club, the excellent club staff will take care of it.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
Hello, FT Peeps!

I have a 3-night stay booked at this hotel in April.

1st night is Paid Club Room rate, and nights 2 & 3 are the same Club Room Rate but on the AMB BOGO cert.

I just got a schedule change notice from Delta and due to a new connection time under the minimum for ATL I am going to be able to stay an extra night in Paris (taking my mom for her birthday as she has never been outside of the US).

I am a Spire Ambassador but have never stayed at this particular IC and have heard they are one of the strictest and least likely to give freebies to anyone unless you are a regualr guest there.
As an Ambassador your club room should hopefully become upgraded to junior suite, obviously keeping lounge access

Checkin at lounge and the staff there will probably find it easier to keep you in same upgraded room on the 4th night added as award booking
I strongly suspect you will be asked to purchase club lounge access for the 4th night though if you wish to keep access, something like 120euro/2-persons-room/night , unless rate increased for 2016

Even RA's here have to buy club by room type booking or upsell, unless historically a regular.
Not found out Yet, if I am regular enough guest here for free RA lounge myself as last stay here was Xmas 2014 and I did not visit Paris in 2015 after lounge access change for RA's

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 25, 2016 at 12:06 am
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter

Already booked, using credit card free night certificates plus a night using points so we are booked into a Classic room. I don't mind a small room as long as it is in good shape but would prefer to face the city and not have an interior view. Hoping to at least get a small upgrade upon check-in. Any ideas of what floor, wing or room type I should request?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Already booked, using credit card free night certificates plus a night using points so we are booked into a Classic room. I don't mind a small room as long as it is in good shape but would prefer to face the city and not have an interior view. Hoping to at least get a small upgrade upon check-in. Any ideas of what floor, wing or room type I should request?
Floors 3, 4 or 5 would be best. The wing won't matter unless you want Opera view. But speaking for myself I prefer the interior view due to the peace. You'll get the noise of all the traffic in the outer rooms.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
If you stayed at PLG before whilst an IHG Ambassador this hotel does tend to remember that and it will help promôte you to front of queue as a repeat guest for any available Plat/Spire treatment and you should get one of the nicer classic rooms or possibly still get upgrade to superior.

If not stayed at PLG before then you queue behind paid platinum/spires for any nice treatment and best I'd expect is one of the nicer classic rooms rather than a superior.

I'd simply ask politely at checkin if any chance of a nicer room as you were until recently an IHG Ambassador member and you could get lucky OR even reception ask if you buy Ambassador (for $200) at checkin what room they could Then give you.
Buying lounge for euro130/day during checkin also will probably result in an Exec room or Superior with View

i only saw a few classic/superior rooms as a temporary rooms on early 8-10am checkins, some of which I'd happily have stayed in, some others less so.
The classic temporary rooms I got put in always had internal courtyard views .

The difference in size from classic->Superior is not that worth worrying about though. Regards views PLG charges via different higher room rate categories for views such as Eifel Tower, Opera . If low occupancy during your stay you might be able to ask for and receive a view type room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.