Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 1:42 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
It is a hugely impressive building - make sure you see the ballroom which is a protected national monument.
thanks for the tip^
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Pascade, a very good neobistrot, is only 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Arola, the restaurant of the W hotel, just opposite the IC, is inventive and service is smiling.

Place du marché Saint Honoré is only 5 minutes walk from the Grand Hôtel, with lots of good restaurants at reasonable price (Fuxia, for antipasti,.L'Absinthe, good brasserie,.Le Razowski, for delicious burgers,.Le Zinc d'Honoré, classic brasserie, Très Honoré, chic basserie, etc.).

Les Jalles, is only 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Not so cheap but worth the price.

If you walk to the North/East of 9th arrondissement, you will find lots of good restautants in one of the most dynamic district for food lovers (Rose Bakery, Momoka, Le Pantruche, Richer, etc).

Along Rue Saint Anne are located many Japonese restaurants (I love Juji-Ya).
any updates on restaurant suggestions in the nearby/walkable area to IC Le Grand?
-
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
thanks for the tip^

any updates on restaurant suggestions in the nearby/walkable area to IC Le Grand?
-
Bistro Volney: classic menu in 30s classic décor
yam'Tcha : great Asian food
Le Belle Epoque : classic design, trendy crowd
Heimat: nice trattoria for the design and the food
We are Juice: smart design and healty food
Honor: the new uber trendy café
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
-
I think that list is mostly still good. Place du marché Saint Honoré is where I usually walk over to. And Le Razowski still has great burgers.

Also as mentioned upthread, Harry's is probably the best cocktail bar in Paris and it is a short walk in the same direction.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
Le Razowski still has great burgers.
Love them too

Harry's is probably the best cocktail bar in Paris and it is a short walk in the same direction.
I must confess that I have never been to Harry's

I love having a cocktail at the Meurice hotel bar: simply amazing experience at Bar 228
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75

I love having a cocktail at the Meurice hotel bar: simply amazing experience at Bar 228
I was thinking non-hotel bars. But yes the Meurice bar is excellent as is Bristol and George V. That's one area that Le Grand could change if they renovate. The bar at Cafe de la Paix isn't very convivial and while the lobby bar is nice for a cozy drink for two, it isn't as open or sizable as some other great hotel bars.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was thinking non-hotel bars. But yes the Meurice bar is excellent as is Bristol and George V. That's one area that Le Grand could change if they renovate. The bar at Cafe de la Paix isn't very convivial and while the lobby bar is nice for a cozy drink for two, it isn't as open or sizable as some other great hotel bars.
La Verrière at Le Grand is great for lunch time and tea time, but I agree that we miss a good bar at the hotel.
The renovation of the Prince de Galles could be a great inspiration.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
All that talk about food here is making me salivating about my upcoming stay at IC PLG this week-end, and got me wondering about something.

I'm a regular at the Club, and in the past when the lounge was full during breakfast I was allowed to have breakfast at the Cafe de la Paix, needless to say with the low occupancy last couple of months that hasn't happened recently anymore... so am starting to miss the excellent Eggs Benedict & Royale @ the cafe. But does anyone know if I can also order these at the Club?

(Sigh... two more days, but I can already taste the Nicolas Feuillatte flowing generously)

Last edited by Stealthmode; Mar 10, 2016 at 4:52 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: IHG

I love having a cocktail at the Meurice hotel bar: simply amazing experience at Bar 228[/QUOTE]

They do Diet Coke cocktails?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:53 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks stimpy and nicolas75 for the cocktail bar suggestions ^
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stealthmode
I'm a regular at the Club, and in the past when the lounge was full during breakfast I was allowed to have breakfast at the Cafe de la Paix, needless to say with the low occupancy last couple of months that hasn't happened recently anymore... so am starting to miss the excellent Eggs Benedict & Royale @ the cafe. But does anyone know if I can also order these at the Club?
I always order an omelette in the club so I don't see why you could not order eggs Benedict.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I always order an omelette in the club so I don't see why you could not order eggs Benedict.
Good to know, thx Stimpy.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32

They do Diet Coke cocktails?
I must confess that sometimes I can drink something else.

Last time at bar 228, when the barman asked me : "how can I help you?", I replied : "Just surprise me".
He was first a bit perplexed, but rapidly took up the challenge.
The cocktail was simply amazing (very masculine, mettalic).
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Going to be there for July 14th so I just booked a balcony room with a view of the Effel tower hoping to see some fireworks. And I'm a smoker

Anyone stay in these rooms before?

Also, what's the best way to get to the hotel from the Eurostar station?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QtownDave
Going to be there for July 14th so I just booked a balcony room with a view of the Effel tower hoping to see some fireworks. And I'm a smoker

Anyone stay in these rooms before?

Also, what's the best way to get to the hotel from the Eurostar station?
Yes I've stayed in almost every part of the hotel.

From the Eurostar station you can take a taxi, or Uber, or LeCab or the metro with a change.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Er, walk?

It is entirely downhill, on one road. About 20 minutes. I've done it with 2 small kids and the associated baggage so it is a doddle for a normal person!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.