Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by kocoliza
Got it. Seems like the best option. Wine it is. Thanks!
I gave the the concierge at PLG, who went above and beyond a bottle of champagne

Purely on the basis any cash equivalent would no doubt be pooled and later shared out with others.
I was thinking you can't share a bottle so my reward would stick with that intended staff member.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Chocolate and Cheese works too. Fauchon isn't far from the hotel.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by nikkiw60
We returned yesterday. Had a lovely stay. We were Upgraded to executive Eiffel Tower view on arrival. We were given a voucher on arrival for a drink each (we had champagne). We also got a welcome amenity delivered to our room of a small fruit bowl and 3 bottles of a fruit drink. We didn't upgrade to it this time but the club access was showing to be €140 per night.
Coming back with a data point here. IHG Spire (no Amb), we are on points 60k. Looks like we were not as lucky as you and few others whom I read on their IHG review pages.

3 days before check-in I saw on App our Classic room upgraded to twin bed opera view deluxe room. On arrival at 2pm desk informed our room is upgraded to superior. It is room 3324 and facing Scribe street, not Opera. Based on the website photos it is clearly the "superior room" even if now the App has switched to show "club intercontinental room"
Was not offered coupon nor points amenity.
Later in the evening we found 3 fruit bottles and fruit bowl.

Not sure about the upgrade or amenities, just wondering the difference. Not complaining either, as I know non-Amb should not entitle to any upgrades, but reviews indicate Spires do get some treatment even if varying. Actually the room, even if not very big one, feels pretty roomy and cozy with the decorations and paintings, and I like the functionality of the room with separate vestibule, garderobe and spacy bathroom with shower&bath
Old May 13, 2016, 4:33 pm

To me that looks like a nice upgrade.I have the impression you got all benefits similar to an Ambassador. I prefer the rooms on Scribe street, as it is less busy, away from the metro, and is not on the inside of the building. I am quite sure you can be happy with that assignment for a reward night. I have never experienced them handing out coupons.
Old May 13, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
You received the same treameant I did, except I a am Ambassador and mine was a paid stay of 4 nights, so I'd say you did pretty well. I did get a bottle of champagne along with the fruit juices & fruit, but other than that apparently no better treatment than Spire.
Old May 14, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Yea, the room was a very very good one and we liked it. The access to small balcony, quiet Scribe street, functional spaces (especially bathroom size) and the decor (even though my better half doesn't favor that old style but instead a more modern and Nordic design, she felt pretty happy too). I would take that room anytime compared to a double bigger Holiday Inn suite.

Overall very satisfied. It seems they respect Spire (so much that I wonder if that is THE still unannounced new Spire benefit "Ambassador=Spire") and they even went beyond to please us: we inquired at 10:30am about breakfast options and they said its 45€ until 11am, my wife hesitated for a moment and they offered a free voucher at the same time I told we will buy the breakfast ^^

This made me definitely willing to come back.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
A French lady at the IC Bangkok told me today that the hotel is closing for refurbishment and not re opening as an IC.

Anyone else heard this?

Sounds incroyable!
Old May 22, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
A French lady at the IC Bangkok told me today that the hotel is closing for refurbishment and not re opening as an IC.

Anyone else heard this?

Sounds incroyable!
Does seem a bit suspicious- when the hotel was sold in May 2015, IHG entered into a long-term management contract with the new owners

http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?PageID=116&NewsID=3453

"The terms of the offer are such that IHG would retain a 30 year management contract on the Hotel, with three 10 year extension rights at IHG’s discretion, giving an expected contract length of 60 years"
Old May 22, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Maybe this French lady was thinking of the other IC in Paris. But in any case, don't believe gossip.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Maybe this French lady was thinking of the other IC in Paris. But in any case, don't believe gossip.
The Crowne Plaza wants their hotel back?
Old May 23, 2016, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Kimpton is coming to Paris, near the Opera - may be some confusion with that.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks all.

Glad to read that I was very likely given duff information, which is what I thought/hoped at the time!
Old May 29, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Well, IHG always has been good for a surprise, so I understand everybody who believes in what he is told, and on top by a French lady working at another IC.

Two IC more in France - Marseilles and Bordeaux, some less elsewhere - Hamburg: closed, Cologne: to Dorint, Berchtesgarden: to Kempinski, Dresden: project never realized, Milano: Grand Hotel Duomo, will we ever see it open?, Rome: De La Ville Rome gone, London: one to Hilton, one new. What is next?

A reflagging of Le Grand would be a great loss. Hopefully Carlton Cannes will stay.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
The sale of the IC Le Grand in 2014 came with a 30 year management contract + possible extensions (up to an additional 30 years).

I doubt that there will be a re-flagging. It would extremely expensive.

mxm135
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I am looking at booking this hotel for my trip to paris in november. I currently booked my 2 nights at Hyatt Vendome ( i have a 5night stay) so want to do this one for the first 3 nights.

I want to use my 1 year anniversary night but I wont get that till 30 days before, will awards be available?? Anyone know if this books quick? I am looking at last week in november if this matters. I think the other two nights I will do on points.

I am just Platinum thanks to the card but was curious if I get ambassador would it matter at all since I am booking everything as award stays?? I guess theoretically I probably will not be in the room a whole lot and will most likely be traveling solo so a bottle of something or whatever amenity they hand out wil probably be useless to me. IS there any reason to get ambassador or should I just travel as is?

Any tips on my stay, would be 3 nights, hopefully 2 on points and on anniversary if I am lucky that it is available by then. Should I book 2 different stays, one 2 night on points and then my last one on points so I can then cancel and use the anniversary night if it is available or would that take a room from the "pool"?

Worst case scenario I can pay OOP for one night but would rather be cheap lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.