Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by stimpy
Maybe what you and TravelTheWorld66 missed is that there is a second floor. I don't understand how anyone could say it is small! There's a set of red-carpeted stairs leading up from next to the welcome desk and people going up and down throughout the day. But I also don't understand how anyone could miss all the food and drink and all day Champagne?
I went upstair and its a decent size. Downstairs "opera view seating" is tight.
I just didn't think it was all that great and would not pay for it. Also i feel the place needs a good old scrub!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by mitpat474
I just didn't think it was all that great and would not pay for it. Also i feel the place needs a good old scrub!
My thoughts exactly.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I stayed there last weekend on a points night. I was upgraded to a Junior Suite right from the start. I asked if I could trade my upgrade for club access. The front desk agent asked his manager, and they just gave me club access on top of the upgrade!
Now THAT'S a great score. Well done.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
So I had a great stay in the end!
Kept the Opera house view for the first night but it was unbearable. Not only was it rattling until 1+ AM, the next morning you get the guy singing in front of the opera house - he has not changed his repertoire since my last visit, and then shortly after that the brass / (funeral?) band playing on the steps.

So I switched rooms and they put me in a Junior Suite on the top floor - one with a long corridor separating the bedroom and the living area + a small shower area and separate luggage area in the middle.

Some issues with room service / house keeping that took a few calls but was resolved in the end

RA amenity not sent delivered, but once informed it was sent, together with a full bottle of champagne to celebrate the special occasion =)
Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Does anyone know the price for an upsell to a club room from a classic room on a free reward stay?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:14 am

Imo there is no physical club room. Do you want an upsell to access the lounge? Price is 140 euro (120 euro if you are an Ambassador).
If you would book a club room, you typically get a nice superior or exec room, or for Ambassadors with luck an opera view room, or junior suite.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by 336
Imo there is no physical club room. Do you want an upselm to access the lounge? Price is 140 euro (120 euro if you are an Ambassador).
If you would book a club room, you typically het a nice superior or exec room, or for Ambassadors with luck an opera view room, or junior suite.
Thanks for the reply.
I have e-mailed the hotel and they say that Club access is now 120€ instead of 140€ (I have NO ambassador or other status).

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

If you book a Classic room, the Club access will ne be included. However you can enjoy all the service of the Club for 120€ per day instead of 140€. Breakfast, Snack and Tea time are served all day long.

You can pay the extra directly at the hotel."
Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Thanks for the reply.
I have e-mailed the hotel and they say that Club access is now 120€ instead of 140€ (I have NO ambassador or other status).

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

If you book a Classic room, the Club access will ne be included. However you can enjoy all the service of the Club for 120€ per day instead of 140€. Breakfast, Snack and Tea time are served all day long.

You can pay the extra directly at the hotel."
I think they offered you the 120€ price as a nice gesture; maybe because you took the time to email them. When I was there a week ago the 120€ and 140€ prices were clearly listed.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I went upstair and its a decent size. Downstairs "opera view seating" is tight.
Indeed the place does need a good scrub. Stayed 4-13 October with the resident club mouse. New lounge staff is trying very hard but something is missing. Told that the hotel is closing for 1 year for a complete makeover of all guest rooms & suites. The beautiful public spaces will remain. I think the competition is killing them---the new Mandarin & Shangri-La, the recently re-opened Ritz & Crillon. Will be interesting to see how the room pricing develops.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Closed for one full year??! Did management give you dates of when this is expected to take place?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
Originally Posted by mparel
Told that the hotel is closing for 1 year for a complete makeover of all guest rooms & suites.
Interesting, while Le Grand is dated that's part of the hotel's charm. Any idea when this is to occur?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by StoobyDoo
Interesting, while Le Grand is dated that's part of the hotel's charm. Any idea when this is to occur?
Seeing as how the hotel is still bookable through next year, I'm guessing there was either a misunderstanding or it's a very long way off in the future. I'll try to ask the next time I'm there.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I'm still waiting for the Carlton to close, 5 years from the first mention of it!

Given how the hotel is laid out, it would be pointless to close the whole thing just to do the rooms when you could close off each wing and run on reduced occupancy.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Raffles
Given how the hotel is laid out, it would be pointless to close the whole thing just to do the rooms when you could close off each wing and run on reduced occupancy.
You may not be aware, but that's exactly what they did for the previous renovation. The entire hotel shut down for over a year as I recall. I'm sure they had their reasons.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
If I am not mistaken this was one of the IC locations that was bought last year and that they will be renovating a bunch of them.
I talked to one of the GMs from a EU IC, told me that the "top/key" IC locations will be the first to be renovated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.