Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
Thanks everyone for the comments. On our way with fingers crossed on the upgrade. In addition to the Ambassador Suite mention, an Executive Suite was also an option. Is this equivalent to the Prestige Suite on the Website?
Are you sure it wasn't just an Executive room? I don't think there is a classification of Executive Suite here.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:39 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Anyone here have an email address for someone in guest relations @ Le Grand?

Taking my mom to Paris for her birthday in 2 weeks, and its her first trip outside of the U.S. so I would like to have them do something special.

Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, IHG PA, and on
Confused me too Stimpy. Booked a JS For a 25th wedding anniversary and communicated that to the hotel. In response the indicated an upgrade to ambassador or Exceutive Suite. Neither are listed on the website. I'll find out in a few hours and report back.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Confused me too Stimpy. Booked a JS For a 25th wedding anniversary and communicated that to the hotel. In response the indicated an upgrade to ambassador or Exceutive Suite. Neither are listed on the website. I'll find out in a few hours and report back.
One Room Ambassador Suite (plug in future dates eg 5th August )

Agreed Exec Suite is one I am not familiar with and have never seen listed. Something like 70 suites all told at PLG, including multiple Ambassador/Royal/Presidenial Suites.

After Junior Suite, Opera View J/S, Prestige Suite, Opera View Prestigue Suite (the highest I upgrade to here), pecking order then goes..... Ambassador One Bedroom (84m)/Royal 2 Two Bedroom(121m)/Presidential Two Bedroom(172m) Suites
Ambassador Suite is a massive 1-cat rate jump something like 700 -> 2100 Euro/night from Opera Prestigue Suite.

Amb Suite
84 sqm in average with separate entertaining area. Two bathrooms high speed internet decoration in second empire style minibar safe air conditioning work desk dual line telephone pay TV satellite dataport one rollaway bed possible custom duvets and upscale linens.

Last edited by scubaccr; Apr 6, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:03 pm

Got the 2 category upgrade to the Ambassador Suite. Wonderful room, separate bedroom and salon connected by small hallway. Perfect for a couple working through different stages of jet lag. Street facing (non opera) 3rd floor suite.Traffic noise not much of an issue for us. PLG is an old, large, beauty. Heightened security features apparent and welcomed by us. Thanks again for the help. Reluctantly accepted a free night certificate for one of our 4 nights. If I had not booked the AMB weekend rate, I would have understood. Seems to be some certificate blocking going on recently. Had a similar issue at the IC Times Square earlier in the month.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Anyone here have an email address for someone in guest relations @ Le Grand?

Taking my mom to Paris for her birthday in 2 weeks, and its her first trip outside of the U.S. so I would like to have them do something special.

Thanks.
[email protected]

He's the GM. Might as well start there. He took VERY good care of my wife and me for a milestone anniversary.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 11:19 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

[email protected]

he's the gm. Might as well start there. He took very good care of my wife and me for a milestone anniversary.
thank you! ^^^
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:19 am
IHG Contributor Badge

[email protected]

He's the GM. Might as well start there. He took VERY good care of my wife and me for a milestone anniversary.
Just wanted to add some data.

I emailed and his PA replied that they will be providing my mom with a birthday cake and bottle of champagne for her birthday when we arrive on Friday!!!! ^^^

So excited, and I know she will be too!

Booked into a Executive Twin Club Room with 1 paid night, 2 nights with AMB coupon, and an additional 4th night added on with points before the increase due to a schedule change with our Delfa flight home so we scored an extra day in Paris for free.

Last edited by 355F1; Apr 11, 2016 at 9:39 am
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Our classic room booked for tomorrow using points has now been upgraded to superior room with Eiffel Tower view. We are spire level so pleased with this upgrade.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:39 am

message deleted as found the answer!

Last edited by nikkiw60; Apr 15, 2016 at 5:06 am Reason: Found the answer I think!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by nikkiw60
Our classic room booked for tomorrow using points has now been upgraded to superior room with Eiffel Tower view. We are spire level so pleased with this upgrade.
Sounds very good, based on the reservation system that I studied when I did make my points res too, being Spire. Still having Classic but expecting to see until the last date about any upgrade, otherwise I am eyeing competitive properties too... 60k is much for Classic IMO compared to what you could get elsewhere, but if upgraded to decent room, then I take it any day. Superior Eiffel view sounds good, but then other guys know here a lot more about how those rooms really are. I have never stayed here...would you mind report back how it went ^
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:13 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nikkiw60
After being told they didn't upgrade any Club rooms to Suites I arrived here today and was double (maybe triple?) UG'd to a Junior Suite w/ opera view form booking a regular Club Room.

I told them I was bringing my mom to Paris for her birthday (and also her first trip outside of the US) and OMFG did they deliver.....

Staying here until Tuesday and will write more after the stay!!!

5 STARS SO FAR!!!! ^^^^^
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
Sounds very good, based on the reservation system that I studied when I did make my points res too, being Spire. Still having Classic but expecting to see until the last date about any upgrade, otherwise I am eyeing competitive properties too... 60k is much for Classic IMO compared to what you could get elsewhere, but if upgraded to decent room, then I take it any day. Superior Eiffel view sounds good, but then other guys know here a lot more about how those rooms really are. I have never stayed here...would you mind report back how it went ^
Will post when we return after the weekend. We got the room at the old rate of 50k per night.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 16, 2016 at 10:10 am
Old Apr 18, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I know the breakfast here is about 40EUR per person.
But is the price the same if you ask them to add breakfast on a reward stay (I know some hotels are willing to charge you the difference between a room only and breakfast inclusive package)?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:16 pm

We returned yesterday. Had a lovely stay. We were Upgraded to executive Eiffel Tower view on arrival. We were given a voucher on arrival for a drink each (we had champagne). We also got a welcome amenity delivered to our room of a small fruit bowl and 3 bottles of a fruit drink. We didn't upgrade to it this time but the club access was showing to be €140 per night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.