FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:16 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TxTrav
Already booked, using credit card free night certificates plus a night using points so we are booked into a Classic room. I don't mind a small room as long as it is in good shape but would prefer to face the city and not have an interior view. Hoping to at least get a small upgrade upon check-in. Any ideas of what floor, wing or room type I should request?
If you stayed at PLG before whilst an IHG Ambassador this hotel does tend to remember that and it will help promôte you to front of queue as a repeat guest for any available Plat/Spire treatment and you should get one of the nicer classic rooms or possibly still get upgrade to superior.

If not stayed at PLG before then you queue behind paid platinum/spires for any nice treatment and best I'd expect is one of the nicer classic rooms rather than a superior.

I'd simply ask politely at checkin if any chance of a nicer room as you were until recently an IHG Ambassador member and you could get lucky OR even reception ask if you buy Ambassador (for $200) at checkin what room they could Then give you.
Buying lounge for euro130/day during checkin also will probably result in an Exec room or Superior with View

i only saw a few classic/superior rooms as a temporary rooms on early 8-10am checkins, some of which I'd happily have stayed in, some others less so.
The classic temporary rooms I got put in always had internal courtyard views .

The difference in size from classic->Superior is not that worth worrying about though. Regards views PLG charges via different higher room rate categories for views such as Eifel Tower, Opera . If low occupancy during your stay you might be able to ask for and receive a view type room.