Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
For info - as a Platinum Ambassador I got the following back from the hotel:

Grand Deluxe room: Will be upgrade to Executive Deluxe Room
Executive Deluxe room: Will be upgrade to Club InterContinental room
Club Intercontinental: Will be upgrade to Club Corner Suite
Club Corner Suite room: Will be upgrade to next Suite available

Regards

aks120
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Titel hinzufügen
Old Jul 28, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Question:
I get a great rate on the standard room, which is then upgraded to Club room.(as im an RA) I havent stayed here before, is it worth getting a higher level room for a better upgrade. aka to go to corner suite? as i understand that is the upgrade for me from Club?

I will be there the last weekend in Sept, if anyone is around for lounge time. 3 IC's in September, Singapore, KL and Bangkok
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by shawntobi
Question:
I get a great rate on the standard room, which is then upgraded to Club room.(as im an RA) I havent stayed here before, is it worth getting a higher level room for a better upgrade. aka to go to corner suite? as i understand that is the upgrade for me from Club?

I will be there the last weekend in Sept, if anyone is around for lounge time. 3 IC's in September, Singapore, KL and Bangkok
The Club lounge is really nice - usually they give you a choice between suite and club. I would go for club.
The suite you get is normally the corner suite. It is at the end of the corridor in one of the round shaped sections of the building. Lots of windows, bedroom a bit smaller than a regular room, normal size bathroom, living room about half of the size of a normal room with a small sitting area and a work area. It is nice, but not spectacular. Unless you really want two rooms i would just book the cheapest.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:10 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
The suite you get is normally the corner suite. It is at the end of the corridor in one of the round shaped sections of the building.
Is that some kind of an IQ test? They put you in the ROUND section and then tell you to go find your CORNER suite?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Can anyone provide me the email id of the GM at the IC Bangkok?

I may need 1 of the higher lever suites....Ambassador or above.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Staying here shortly and been upgraded to a Club Intercon Suite from a Club room. Can anyone advise what suite this is?

A google search shows it to the be the Ambassador suite which looks dated but those pics are around 3 years old. Have the rooms been renovated?

Normally I just book base and get a corner suite without club but I needed a suite and a club this time.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Staying here shortly and been upgraded to a Club Intercon Suite from a Club room. Can anyone advise what suite this is?

A google search shows it to the be the Ambassador suite which looks dated but those pics are around 3 years old. Have the rooms been renovated?

Normally I just book base and get a corner suite without club but I needed a suite and a club this time.
Most likely you are getting a corner suite not the ambassador suite. It's the same corner suite type you get from what you report.

There are some which were upgraded from a club room to ambassador or even higher but most likely it's just a corner suite.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sven60035
Most likely you are getting a corner suite not the ambassador suite. It's the same corner suite type you get from what you report.

There are some which were upgraded from a club room to ambassador or even higher but most likely it's just a corner suite.
So its the exact same suite? Or is it on the club floor?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by onlysuites
So its the exact same suite? Or is it on the club floor?

there is no club floor in relation to rooms; the only difference is whether you have club access or nor

A corner suite is the same as a club corner suite excepting for whether club access is granted
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
there is no club floor in relation to rooms; the only difference is whether you have club access or nor

A corner suite is the same as a club corner suite excepting for whether club access is granted
Ok thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: IHG
There are two corner suites from floors 17 upwards. One at the hotel front looking towards the SkyTrain and one at the rear looking towards Central World Shopping Mall, Centara Hotel & the Amari Watergate.

The Club suites are on the higher floors, generally 30 to 35. However they are exactly the same size as corner suites on lower floors.

My tip is to take breakfast downstairs unless you want to enjoy the view.

Have a nice trip.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by midnight
The Club suites are on the higher floors, generally 30 to 35. However they are exactly the same size as corner suites on lower floors.
They will allocate any suite. The hotel doesn't have dedicated club floors ( nor do they offer suites without club access for sale iirc ) so can get a suite on any floor where it exists

personally I would not touch the corner suites with a bargepole due to the noise that comes from places like the shopping mall, but then one of my key requirements from a hotel room is that there is no noise
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:36 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
They will allocate any suite. The hotel doesn't have dedicated club floors ( nor do they offer suites without club access for sale iirc ) so can get a suite on any floor where it exists

personally I would not touch the corner suites with a bargepole due to the noise that comes from places like the shopping mall, but then one of my key requirements from a hotel room is that there is no noise
Dave, what room/suite do you than ask for in BKK to get a quite room/suite?

I am usually lucky that my corner suites are high and not too loud but on an upcoming stay I would really like to have no noise at all. Suggestions welcome. Thanks
Old Dec 24, 2012, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by sven60035
Dave, what room/suite do you than ask for in BKK to get a quite room/suite?

I am usually lucky that my corner suites are high and not too loud but on an upcoming stay I would really like to have no noise at all. Suggestions welcome. Thanks
I have had them on the high floors but there can be a lot of noise in vicinity some nights and I find that the corner suites overlook noisy areas.

When I do stay at that hotel, I book a room such that I can get an executive suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.