Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Checked in yesterday (January 2nd) booked 2 rooms on points (67K IHG points total for each room for 4 nights) upgraded to a suite with club benefits for all 4 guests for 2K THB net. Welcome amenity is green apples!
No longer serving Congac as a standard drink at the lounge for happy hour
Will see today what the set-menu breakfast means & will report later

Spoke to Khun Elle at the GHE who couldn't guarantee me a suite at check-in - not taking my chances as all hotels are offering Thai nationals promos!
My experience at the Kimpton was mediocre and they offered absolotely nothing! All are invited to their happy hour, but breakfast was not included - see that thread for details and photos!

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I am looking forward to seeing IC once they will open the real lounge again (after renovations). The lobbly lounge substitute is kind of weak and they seem to keep the same menu. Kimpton breakfast is indeed paid, but a better than of ICs. Comparing GHE and IC breakfasts, I find GHE better than IC. But nice that as IC Amb, you get breakfast for free, which is quite decent benefit among ICs, as other ICs don't offer that.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Fims
I am looking forward to seeing IC once they will open the real lounge again (after renovations). The lobbly lounge substitute is kind of weak and they seem to keep the same menu. Kimpton breakfast is indeed paid, but a better than of ICs. Comparing GHE and IC breakfasts, I find GHE better than IC. But nice that as IC Amb, you get breakfast for free, which is quite decent benefit among ICs, as other ICs don't offer that.
I don't see any sign of renovations or construction at the IC Club, but the benefits at the Balcony Lounge remain robust without the views.

On this trip, I only had breakfast at SHA Hyatt Place (Globalist), SGS (Titanium), Millennium Hilton (Diamond), and this Intercontinental (Spire Ambassador). They are all equally great with quality, quantity, and service attentiveness. Kimpton offered no comped F&B benefits with the exception of dry christmas cookie as their Secret Password Experience! We currently are boycotting the GHE on a principal.

Breakfast: Served at Espresso with the usual substational buffet and for Club Access, you get an additional menu for Executive Breakfast. Skirt steak made to order is still there as well as eggs benedicts which I prefer with grilled salmon (not smoked) is provided upon request. The same outstanding managers are there providing excellent service.

Teatime: Served at the Balcony offers a much better prepared sets of goodies than what I have experienced at the IC Club. This is including TWG Emperor Sencha (Japan) green tea and locally sourced honey.

Happy hour: also served at the Balcony, buffet on the weekends (Friday - Sunday) and table served sets on the weekdays (Monday - Thursday) with excellent quality food replinshed generously upon request. Cognac although not on drinks menu, was served upon request. Pleasant staff with excellent service.

Teas, coffee, water, juices, etc. served at the Balcony all day for Club Access guests and elites.

Rooms are spacious and clean and when we open the connecting door to the Double, we have a vast 112 SQM overlooking the GHE. Ample drinking water and luuurious bathroom amenities replinshed daily. All for a bit over 15K IHG points per day plus 1,000 THB for Club access per room per night. I find this deal a WINNER!

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:48 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Kalboz
I don't see any sign of renovations or construction at the IC Club, but the benefits at the Balcony Lounge remain robust without the views.

On this trip, I only had breakfast at SHA Hyatt Place (Globalist), SGS (Titanium), Millennium Hilton (Diamond), and this Intercontinental (Spire Ambassador). They are all equally great with quality, quantity, and service attentiveness. Kimpton offered no comped F&B benefits with the exception of dry christmas cookie as their Secret Password Experience! We currently are boycotting the GHE on a principal.

Breakfast: Served at Espresso with the usual substational buffet and for Club Access, you get an additional menu for Executive Breakfast. Skirt steak made to order is still there as well as eggs benedicts which I prefer with grilled salmon (not smoked) is provided upon request. The same outstanding managers are there providing excellent service.

Teatime: Served at the Balcony offers a much better prepared sets of goodies than what I have experienced at the IC Club. This is including TWG Emperor Sencha (Japan) green tea and locally sourced honey.

Happy hour: also served at the Balcony, buffet on the weekends (Friday - Sunday) and table served sets on the weekdays (Monday - Thursday) with excellent quality food replinshed generously upon request. Cognac although not on drinks menu, was served upon request. Pleasant staff with excellent service.

Teas, coffee, water, juices, etc. served at the Balcony all day for Club Access guests and elites.

Rooms are spacious and clean and when we open the connecting door to the Double, we have a vast 112 SQM overlooking the GHE. Ample drinking water and luuurious bathroom amenities replinshed daily. All for a bit over 15K IHG points per day plus 1,000 THB for Club access per room per night. I find this deal a WINNER!​​​​​​
An excellent deal and looks great. I'm very tempted to do a staycation, as it looks like our usual ROS may be closed, as it's not showing up on the reservation site for Marriott.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA
An excellent deal and looks great. I'm very tempted to do a staycation, as it looks like our usual ROS may be closed, as it's not showing up on the reservation site for Marriott.
ROS is available from January 9th and on ... very weird - could they really be fully booked until then!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:07 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
ROS is available from January 9th and on ... very weird - could they really be fully booked until then!
Looks like it's available Sunday, though I was looking for a weekend. Though, at THB2500 and a THB1000 hotel credit and 2000 bonus points, it's not quite the deal the IC is, since the THB1000 credit may not cover dinner at the ROS options, but with "lounge" access as PLT, maybe not a problem..

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the GHE? It's always been a great choice for us.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 7:13 am

Looks like it's available Sunday, though I was looking for a weekend. Though, at THB2500 and a THB1000 hotel credit and 2000 bonus points, it's not quite the deal the IC is, since the THB1000 credit may not cover dinner at the ROS options, but with "lounge" access as PLT, maybe not a problem..

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the GHE? It's always been a great choice for us.
We booked the ROS starting tomorrow by calling their number. Apparently they having internet issues.

The GHE played us regarding suite upgrades. A solid repeat guest since 2009 with Diamond/Globalist status to boot and got a low level rooms facing the police hospital even though they were still selling suites online when we checked in (few years back). We camceled and moved to the Intercontine ntal across the street with much bigger rooms, cheaper rates, and better treatment. Spoke to Khun Ellie twice in the past year or so to guarantee a suite upon check in (still a Globalist) and she outright told me to use my suite upgrades. But if she is familiar with the program, she should know that Hyatt did away with the 4/a year suite upgrade certs for the Diamonds when they switched to WoH/Globalist! So .... them!

​​​​​​
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:58 pm

We booked the ROS starting tomorrow by calling their number. Apparently they having internet issues.

The GHE played us regarding suite upgrades. A solid repeat guest since 2009 with Diamond/Globalist status to boot and got a low level rooms facing the police hospital even though they were still selling suites online when we checked in (few years back). We camceled and moved to the Intercontine ntal across the street with much bigger rooms, cheaper rates, and better treatment. Spoke to Khun Ellie twice in the past year or so to guarantee a suite upon check in (still a Globalist) and she outright told me to use my suite upgrades. But if she is familiar with the program, she should know that Hyatt did away with the 4/a year suite upgrade certs for the Diamonds when they switched to WoH/Globalist! So .... them!​​​​​
Well, there is that view that the low levels are pretty bad. My last (actual) stay was a king room on the other side, was pretty good, but I was just a base level member at the time, though have stayed many times since 2002, mainly as DIA/GLOB. Unfortunate, though the IC BKK is pretty good, though the pool is a bit on the small side. At least it doesn't get all the BTS noise.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:28 am

The GHE played us regarding suite upgrades. A solid repeat guest since 2009 with Diamond/Globalist status to boot and got a low level rooms facing the police hospital even though they were still selling suites online when we checked in (few years back). We camceled and moved to the Intercontine ntal across the street with much bigger rooms, cheaper rates, and better treatment. Spoke to Khun Ellie twice in the past year or so to guarantee a suite upon check in (still a Globalist) and she outright told me to use my suite upgrades. But if she is familiar with the program, she should know that Hyatt did away with the 4/a year suite upgrade certs for the Diamonds when they switched to WoH/Globalist! So .... them!​​​​​​
I also noticed the IC Pattaya is at 15k points per night for CNY weekend. I also booked two night at about THB3600 including taxes and breakfast (only THB291 for two people, nice deal.)
Old Jan 11, 2022, 3:18 pm

I also noticed the IC Pattaya is at 15k points per night for CNY weekend. I also booked two night at about THB3600 including taxes and breakfast (only THB291 for two people, nice deal.)
Please check my update about the ROS thread regarding our booking/stay!
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:05 pm

Please check my update about the ROS thread regarding our booking/stay!
Sorry to hear about the problems there. It was one of my Thai GF's favorites, mainly the riverview and the nice suites we always are given.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:49 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
It seems that this IC is not currently selling Club rooms (for Feb stays at least)?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
It seems that this IC is not currently selling Club rooms (for Feb stays at least)?
Try to get a paid upgrade to a suite which will most likely includes Club benefits - asking won't hurt!

Teatime Club benefit
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:32 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Try to get a paid upgrade to a suite which will most likely includes Club benefits - asking won't hurt!

Teatime Club benefit
That looks delicious!

I have booked a standard King Classic City View on a flexible rate. I emailed the hotel asking what to expect as a Spire Ambassador & received the below reply, which I thought was quite decent; Are you suggesting that they will offer a "deal" to upgrade into a Club Suite thats better than IHG.com? Thanks for your input.

"Thank you for your reservation. We would like to inform you will get 1 step upgrade to Executive Deluxe room with benefits as follow:

Benefit for Executive Deluxe Room:
  • Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at Espresso Restaurant or Cocktails Hours at Balcony Lounge 18:00-19:00 Hrs, (Choose either one)
  • 2 complimentary items of pressing service per stay (except laundry & dry cleaning)
  • High Speed Internet access in guest room
  • Unlimited city phone calls (except for mobile phone numbers)
  • 15% discount at Business Center
  • 15% discount for laundry service
Should there be further information or assistance you may require, please do not hesitate to contact us at all time."
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:47 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I LOVE IHG in EU...USA sucks
Thailand is not in the EU. LOL.........I do however totally agree with your sentiments!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.