Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Booking a King Club Suite secured me an upgrade to effectively a large bedroom with a sofa in the corner. Only when I made a fuss about what I felt was to all intents and purposes a downgrade did I get a proper 2 room suite but was made to think they were doing me a favour.

I prefer other properties in BKK (e.g. the Conrad or the SGS).
The Executive Suite ( which is what it sounds like you received ) is a higher category than the corner suite
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The Executive Suite ( which is what it sounds like you received ) is a higher category than the corner suite
Except it wasn't in any sense of the word a "suite", it was just a big bedroom and not an especially nice big bedroom at that. I wouldn't even call it a junior suite as it had zero suite like features.

I just cannot see how anyone booking any type of suite would be happy with that as a result.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Except it wasn't in any sense of the word a "suite", it was just a big bedroom and not an especially nice big bedroom at that. I wouldn't even call it a junior suite as it had zero suite like features.

I just cannot see how anyone booking any type of suite would be happy with that as a result.
I agree with you in that it is hardly a suite as far as it being separate bedroom and lounge; in that respect it is the same as a Junior Suite in Melbourne; the use of term suite is based on the square metres of the accommodation

It does actually have a hallway iirc ( or am I getting it confused with another )

If I was expecting 2 rooms I would be disappointed; if staying at the IC BKK, I am ok with it since I really dislike the corner suites due to noise have had from outside there and teh executive suite is at a better position for me along the building

If just turning up for 1st time at the hotel and expecting a suite as per the dictionary, I would not be happy and would argue that I booked a suite and 1 room cannot by definition be a suite of rooms

Dave
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: TK E+
Is it really? From time to time I get one of these as well and for a change it's nice with something else than the usual corner suite. I actually like the huge bedroom in the Executive Suites, but then again I almost always travel alone and don't really need separate bedroom.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by aulrik
Is it really? From time to time I get one of these as well and for a change it's nice with something else than the usual corner suite. I actually like the huge bedroom in the Executive Suites, but then again I almost always travel alone and don't really need separate bedroom.
Yup, indeed it is
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

It does actually have a hallway iirc ( or am I getting it confused with another )

Dave
Yes it does have an unusually long hallway.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q

If I was expecting 2 rooms I would be disappointed; if staying at the IC BKK, I am ok with it since I really dislike the corner suites due to noise have had from outside there
I find the lay outs of those corners suites quite conducive to tranquility as the bedroom is well isolated from the corridor .....

Never had an exec suite mind....so can't compare
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by docklander
I find the lay outs of those corners suites quite conducive to tranquility as the bedroom is well isolated from the corridor .....
However the rooms are positioned such that any events happening in the plaza outside ( which I have found to not be uncommon at weekend periods ) are audible in the room

The positioning of these rooms is not conducive to my getting a decent nights sleep
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I stayed here in April. Here is the relevant part of my trip report for this hotel:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20615082-post11.html

Regards

aks120
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:19 pm

NEW RA

Newbie RA - booked a Club King which , from this thread, should yield some sort of suite upgrade. I booked several days ago on IHG website but my reservation still shows the Club King that I booked. Does the upgrade usually show up on the website in advance ? Thanks for any info !
Old Jul 12, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Newbie RA - booked a Club King which , from this thread, should yield some sort of suite upgrade. I booked several days ago on IHG website but my reservation still shows the Club King that I booked. Does the upgrade usually show up on the website in advance ? Thanks for any info !
Four room levels/types bookable via website, 2nd highest is King club, highest is 2-room Corner Suite. I stayed in both room types in June. Hopefully you will get a high floor, as Lounge is on top 37th Floor where pool is, with gym on 36th floor.

The bookable 2-room suite on the IC Bangkok website is the "Corner Suite" and is the suite you get upgraded to from King Club room.
(for RA's the basic room is upgraded to King Club with Lounge Access )

Above the corner suites (2 per floor,1 at each end) there are only a few speciality suites ...next is Ambassador Suite, a single room, but bigger total area to corner suite, followed by eg Diplomatic and then Royal Suite.

If you book the Corner Suite, the RA/Ambassaor upgrade is to the single room Ambassador suite.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
IC Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

I booked deluxe and saw upgrade to executive. How is the room look like and benefits?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jexelot
I booked deluxe and saw upgrade to executive. How is the room look like and benefits?
Better to book Executive and get Club.
All rooms are the same. You do not get Club access with Executive.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
IC Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

whats the use of upgrade if all rooms are the same? Also club room with no access?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jexelot
whats the use of upgrade if all rooms are the same? Also club room with no access?
If you are an Amb, and you book Executive, you will get Club with Club access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.