Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well we are talking about a completely different price range here, and I have to disagree in that the Oriental is by far the best hotel in Bangkok, and indeed all of Asia. It is generally voted the best hotel in the world by most surveys. After I checked out of the IC and finished my business, I moved over to the Oriental for some real luxury. ^
Sorry Stimpy, but the MOH has not been voted the best hotel in the world since the late 1980s.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Sorry Stimpy, but the MOH has not been voted the best hotel in the world since the late 1980s.
Hah! I'm quite sure you are wrong about that. But people can see for themselves.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by sven60035
There are some cut backs visible in the amount of club staff, the quality of towels and room service does no longer operate after 2300.
This seems odd for a luxury hotel in BKK. So the HI next door is 24 hours but the IC shuts down at 23:00?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mcgahat
This seems odd for a luxury hotel in BKK. So the HI next door is 24 hours but the IC shuts down at 23:00?
Is it not just that the full room service menu ends at 23:00 in common with most other luxury hotels in BKK and globaly and a more restricted selection is available until the breakfast service begins?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Is it not just that the full room service menu ends at 23:00 in common with most other luxury hotels in BKK and globaly and a more restricted selection is available until the breakfast service begins?
A more restricted room service I can see but I read it as room service not being available at all after 23:00. I can see them not having the Italian Restaurant, Steakhouse offerings not available (the HI does this as well) after the restaurants close but I read it as room service shutting down at 23:00 which I find odd but I am ignorant of the BKK IC (as a guest since I normally stay at the HI next door).
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
IC Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Thank you travelsig for the recommendation, I will try it out soon.

I was also under the impression that there was a limited option after 2300 but all references to it were gone from the menu and when I tried calling nobody picked up, so maybe I was just unlucky, I will try out on Sunday as it I paid for that stay already.

Otherwise I am not impressed with the once great club crew, either I was completely unlucky and all the good once were just off or I just remember better times.

I see this Sunday.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by sven60035
Otherwise I am not impressed with the once great club crew, either I was completely unlucky and all the good once were just off or I just remember better times.
Yes, this is my experience too. The Club staff used to be great, but not any more. For me it reached an absolutely bottom level a few months ago, when they refused a guest of mine to enter the Club. He was booked into a Club room (booked on intercontinental.com), but the staff kept insisting that he did not have access. First after 30 min. of discussions and I gave them a copy of the email booking, they surrendered with the usual excuse about their booking system being changed or something.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 9:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I must admit I am surprised at all the recent negativity about this hotel. I have just stayed in 4 different IC hotels for a holiday and the Bangkok IC has to have been one of the best hotel stays I have had ever.

My only complaint about the Club Lounge was that it was very busy - other than that the staff were great and the food and drink selection just right.

I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat!

aks120
Old Apr 21, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Talking

So when coming yesterday I was put into a holding pattern in the lobby because "we have prepared in room check-in but the club staff is currently busy and will be here shortly". Loads of apologies and after a while a club person shows to do the in room check in.

Up to the club for tea and I found the offering disappointing to say the least, little on offer but the staff friendly this time.

Back into the room and starting to pack out I noticed a smell, and on closer inspection I found that I had a smoking room (now I'm coming here for a long time and never ever was I a smoker or requested a smoking room) so back up to the club where the 2 helpful staff at the desk with loads of apologies changed my room and insisted that the booking was for a smoking room (I checked the e-mail, I checked the profile and it's non smoking). Now they were very apologetic and offered any help possible. Things like that can happen but why not ask at check-in about this obvious break in pattern?

This morning when going to breakfast I decided to check why I did not get the usual paper slip from the transportation department about my onward transport to Hua Hin (yes I know its expensive with the IC car but I prefer it) to find that despite me having it booked and confirmed last week Sunday on my stay there was no record of it in either the system or with the transportation department. Now I know club staff did talk to the transportation department on Sunday because the price they gave me was 2000 THB cheaper than usual but for some reason there now is no record. Sure again long apologies with loads of management staff now involved and they now say that a car will be ready for me when I want to go.

Now don't get me wrong, mistakes happen but it's getting annoying when they mass.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
With my admittedly limited experience at this hotel I must say that I like it very much. Some hiccups may happen, but I have found both the hard product and the soft product very good in general. They do charge about double compared to e.g the Hilton but when travelling on business its location means saving hours in terms of local transportation. When I did the "tourist thing" I did stay at the Mill Hilton, though - way better location for that.

A funny thing is that every time I booked best flex rate and went back later to check, the price went down at least once for each stay ^
Old May 15, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
It's been years (2008?) since I've stayed here, but just made a one night points res today for tonight, and have just checked in. Upgraded to a club room with full club benefits (probably due to the late hour?) 4pm checkout tomorrow offered proactively. We have a paid reservation this weekend, which I booked a club room for on F&F rate, so I guess we should expect a suite? Oh. and the toiletries aren't those Agraria or whatever, yay!
Old May 15, 2013, 10:46 am

Minibar

Those big bottle of liquor in the drawer are considered part of the minibar? If so the Mister is going to go to town
Old May 15, 2013, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Those big bottle of liquor in the drawer are considered part of the minibar? If so the Mister is going to go to town
Indeed. Enjoy ^
Old May 15, 2013, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Indeed. Enjoy ^
Well that's one way to deal with jet lag, isn't it. Having arrived on the TG A380 in F one can't really be too jet lagged, but scotch certainly won't make it worse
Old May 15, 2013, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
It's been years (2008?) since I've stayed here, but just made a one night points res today for tonight, and have just checked in. Upgraded to a club room with full club benefits (probably due to the late hour?) 4pm checkout tomorrow offered proactively. We have a paid reservation this weekend, which I booked a club room for on F&F rate, so I guess we should expect a suite? Oh. and the toiletries aren't those Agraria or whatever, yay!
Toiletries are now Thann, based on my last two stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.