Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
I booked a grande deluxe and on enquiry re RA treatment received an e- mail telling me that I would receive an upgrade to a Club room, and detailed the benefits. My booking has now been updated to show King Corner Suite, but no mention of Club. Be interesting to see what they say when I check in.... And yes, I have printed the "Club" e- mail
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
I booked a grande deluxe and on enquiry re RA treatment received an e- mail telling me that I would receive an upgrade to a Club room, and detailed the benefits. My booking has now been updated to show King Corner Suite, but no mention of Club. Be interesting to see what they say when I check in.... And yes, I have printed the "Club" e- mail
You will probably get the Lounge Access, this hotel is pretty good with RA's. Take the printed email anyway.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:59 pm

I am staying a few times a year there. In the last year or so their policy was: either club or suite upgrade, but not both.
I am usually emailing them with my preference (club) and arrival time after i made the reservation. It worked every time.
It seems otherwise they assign you either club or suite depending how many rooms in the category they have left.

Nice hotel, great club.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Enjoy it my friend!
Well on check-out it was confirmed, only beverages are free, the rest (i.e. chocolate/nuts) is not free.

I know last year it was different but the club staff confirmed that the policy now is that it's only beverages.

I love the IC BKK but there are some changes which really make me wonder if i should not try another place if I would not be so lazy I would have.

But still the hotel is great and the club is a big advantage.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sven60035
Well on check-out it was confirmed, only beverages are free, the rest (i.e. chocolate/nuts) is not free.

I know last year it was different but the club staff confirmed that the policy now is that it's only beverages.

I love the IC BKK but there are some changes which really make me wonder if i should not try another place if I would not be so lazy I would have.

But still the hotel is great and the club is a big advantage.
I think this should be addressed with IHG, as there does not seem to be any consistency, in Warsaw I ate all the chocolates and also non alcoholic drinks and no one said anything. I mean how much does a choco bar and nuts cost.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think this should be addressed with IHG, as there does not seem to be any consistency, in Warsaw I ate all the chocolates and also non alcoholic drinks and no one said anything. I mean how much does a choco bar and nuts cost.
I don't think that you want consistency; the terms are that only beverages are complimentary for Royal Ambassador members. Consistency would ensure that no hotels gave free snacks
Old May 1, 2012, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I don't think that you want consistency; the terms are that only beverages are complimentary for Royal Ambassador members. Consistency would ensure that no hotels gave free snacks
Is it specified in the terms that Mini Bar access is to drinks only(non alcoholic) and no food items in the mini bar? Just curios.
Old May 1, 2012, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is it specified in the terms that Mini Bar access is to drinks only(non alcoholic) and no food items in the mini bar? Just curios.
It says nothing about non-alcoholic drinks only , but does specify beverages only

From http://secure.priorityclub.com/hotel...rms#ambassador clause 10

Originally Posted by T&C
Complimentary beverages from the mini bar in the Royal Ambassador’s personal room only, and for in-room consumption by member only (benefit excludes non beverage items). Void where prohibited by law.
Dave
Old May 1, 2012, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Presumably you would prefer to continue grazing the snacks in your room on the Warsaw IC.

So consistency, based on the general terms and conditions (beverages only) would be a pretty bad idea.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Presumably you would prefer to continue grazing the snacks in your room on the Warsaw IC.

So consistency, based on the general terms and conditions (beverages only) would be a pretty bad idea.
Yum Yum YUm
Old May 1, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: TK E+
That is strange. I have never been charged for snacks. I had my last stay there last week, and no charge for the chocolate and chips I consumed. I stay at the hotel 6-8 times a year, but it's wired if that should make a difference, you should think the benefits would be the same for all RA's.
Old May 2, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by aulrik
That is strange. I have never been charged for snacks. I had my last stay there last week, and no charge for the chocolate and chips I consumed. I stay at the hotel 6-8 times a year, but it's wired if that should make a difference, you should think the benefits would be the same for all RA's.
When Andrea was still there I never got charged either but this time I even got the question, if I had anything from the minibar and that if I could not recall they would need to send housekeeping to check. When I pointed out that it does not matter as I'm RA I got pointed out that only beverages are included.

I'm now in Koh Samui and same rule here, only beverages directly from the minibar not the rest and most certanly not the wine bar content. Well I would not expect the wine bar but the chocolate looks exremly tasty.

And by the looks of it all printed RA information now shows beverage only both on the web as pointed out by Dave Noble, the welcome letters and also the RA info in the Hotel information folders.

I remember times where it did not matter but it becomes less and less attractive to be RA.
Old May 2, 2012, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
And by the looks of it all printed RA information now shows beverage only both on the web as pointed out by Dave Noble, the welcome letters and also the RA info in the Hotel information folders.
The official rules of RA have ALWAYS been drinks only. It's always been that way on the web and in the printed materials, ever since the program began. It is pretty much only the hotels in Europe and western Asia that allowed snacks too, but that has always been their own choice. If you have been lucky to get snacks at an IC in eastern Asia, that's just luck. Enjoy it, but don't expect it.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aulrik
I just checked out a few days ago and was specifically advised at check in that only liquids would be free from the mini bar.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
When Andrea was still there I never got charged either
Andrea has left IC BKK? That's too bad since she was my favorite club lounge staff. Hopefully she's moved onto bigger and better things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.