Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: IHG
In the last three years I have been offered a choice at check in, Club access or One Bed Corner Suite.
They will make a note of your preference on your profile. Enjoy your stay..
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pr0digy25
I noticed that unlike most IC's the mini-bar liquor is rather large 200ml bottles rather than the usual mini-bottles.

But these were not in the mini-bar fridge... with all the hullabaloo early about the mini-bar, is that to suggest they were not FOC for RA?
Is this still the case or do they now have miniatures? Are these still free for RA's?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:41 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by lallyr
Is this still the case or do they now have miniatures? Are these still free for RA's?
It's still the large 200ml bottles. It's probably been a year or so since the last time I touched any of them, but back then they were all included in the complimentary minibar. The same for snacks, at least I have never been charged for any of that.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
They are still rather large for the minibar which is why they're in the drawer above and complimentary for RAs. Only beverages now though.

Not sure if it was accurate but the midday service in the lounge is alacarte and they charge for drinks.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by silver-tls
They are still rather large for the minibar which is why they're in the drawer above and complimentary for RAs. Only beverages now though.
Really? I ate some chocolate and chips from the minibar on my last stay a couple of weeks ago, and I wasn't charged anything for this.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Do they upgrade RA's to Club from paid Grand Deluxe nowadays?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: Royal Ambassador, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by stimpy
Do they upgrade RA's to Club from paid Grand Deluxe nowadays?
Yes,, I was there last week and booked a Grand Deluxe room. Got upgraded to a Club room as an RA with all the Club benefits.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by chazrt
Yes,, I was there last week and booked a Grand Deluxe room. Got upgraded to a Club room as an RA with all the Club benefits.
can confirm this. Had the same last week, and it shows already in my account for tomorrow night
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chazrt
I got the same. But wasn't happy with the room so they provided me the option of a suite without club access. I took the suite. They are very responsive to e-mails too, however very strict with the check-out times. I wanted to check-out at 4:30pm, but wasn't allowed (which is OK per their rules).
check-in becomes instantanenous if you book their airport pick-up too. But that is expensive (at 2800 THB) compared to regular taxis (400 THB)
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aulrik
Really? I ate some chocolate and chips from the minibar on my last stay a couple of weeks ago, and I wasn't charged anything for this.
same on my side. I had two chocolate/cereal bars and wanted to pay during check-out but the response was : that's OK sir.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question Friends and Family rate

How is one treated at this property if you book the friends and family rate? Does an RA still get upgraded? Does the RA get the mini bar access? Sorry that I am asking too many questions but we only have 1 Free AMB cert and we would like to stay at 2 IC properties, one at the ANA IC and the other at the BKK IC. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 22, 2012 at 6:03 pm
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do RA's get free internet here.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:44 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lallyr
Do RA's get free internet here.
Yes you will as part of the Club access
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khalid26
Yes you will as part of the Club access
I have opted for upgrade to the suite rather then the club access. Will I still get Internet?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I thought RA's got Internet at all IC's while on paid rates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.