InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by nrgetik
Try this...

[email protected]

Or this for the club

[email protected]
Thanks a lot, I tried the first one and was able to get a response from the property.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Ambassador Certificate

It is been 5 years or so since I have used the Ambassador certificate at this property. Looked at a few weekends in January and February and I cannot find any availability.

For the last 5 years, I had used it in Hong Kong, no problems whatsoever re avaibility.

it used to be very easy to use the certificates in Bangkok. At the same time there is point availability.

Any reason for the change?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:18 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Great F&B offerings at the IC Club and the breakfast at Espresso. Great staff providing good service throughout.

Hennessy VSOP for happy hour at the IC Club lounge

Our table at the IC Club during Happy Hour

Room service dining at the IC Club: Half BBQ Chicken with French Fries and Garlic Sauce - 200 THB++ or basically $8 all in!
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
It's obviously noticeable how the service has improved in the IC Club since our last stay. New but professional crew has taken over for the evening service and they are outstanding! Despite of the crowds, they manage (AFAICT) to serve everyone with big smiles and great "can do" attitude.

Congratulations for this positive move!

Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:50 pm

How is the happy hour at the Balcony Lounge like?
Is it a meal service like in a club lounge with various dishes, or is it more like a single plate of canapes with drinks?
I'm trying to decide which executive room benefit to choose (happy hour or breakfast).
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:21 am

Both are equally tremendous benefits especially if you are traveling with kids. But it all depends on what you value the most, restaurant breakfast or happy hour F&B.

Breakfast at Espresso

Happy hour at the Balcony lounge
Old May 8, 2020, 12:06 pm

Happy Hour grub at The Balcony: crab empanadas and brisket quesadilla plus fritters and desserts
Old May 15, 2020, 6:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Trying to decide where to stay next week in BKK, I used to stay at SGS but that is closed until July, so my backup options are IC, Athenee and Conrad. Given top status everywhere but IC, I was thinking should I attempt the RA challenge? I am tempted but wish they somehow made it easier in 2020 with 5 or 7.5k USD
Old May 16, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Trying to decide where to stay next week in BKK, I used to stay at SGS but that is closed until July, so my backup options are IC, Athenee and Conrad. Given top status everywhere but IC, I was thinking should I attempt the RA challenge? I am tempted but wish they somehow made it easier in 2020 with 5 or 7.5k USD
FYI IC Bangkok is closed until 30 June.
Old May 16, 2020, 11:21 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you have top status at Marriott, the Athene is a very good option and IMHO a notch above the Conrad overall. It is also open so that would settle it for me unless pricing is an issue.
Old May 17, 2020, 12:59 pm

Trying to decide where to stay next week in BKK, I used to stay at SGS but that is closed until July, so my backup options are IC, Athenee and Conrad. Given top status everywhere but IC,
I have stayed at all 3 properties many times over since 2006 - here is my breakdown:

Benefits: this is including suite upgrade for elites - Athenee in the past has been very stingy but have had suite upgrades there. But currently with the low occupancy all properties probably willing to nicely treat an elite guest.
Location: the IC has a superior location in the center of Bangkok with escalator to Chitlom BTS right outside its doors. Conrad is further down on Wireless but has a periodic shuttle to Phloen Chit BTS station. Athenee is walking distance to same.
Rooms: this is for the standard room - the IC again with vast and well appointed rooms although a bit dated.
Breakfast: Equally good at all 3 locations.
Happy Hour: the Conrad is solid on this one, but the IC comes a close second.
Additional benefits: Kids and family happy hour at the Balcony lounge which is a great benefit.

was thinking should I attempt the RA challenge? I am tempted but wish they somehow made it easier in 2020 with 5 or 7.5k USD
I would contact the Ambassador line and check on what they can offer you due to COVID1919-related travel restrictions/limitations.

Bento Box Executive Breakfast at the IC Club

Sushi Station at IC Club Happy Hour

Steak & Eggs Benedict breakfast at the IC Club
jazzhou likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by shoven
From my experiance you will need to book a club room to get access to the club Lounge, they might offer executive benefits.
They used to upgrade to club room with benefits if booking 1 cat below but they stopped for the most part with the rule changes a couple of years ago.
Originally Posted by scubaccr
o AMB only gets lounge if either i)books room including lounge ii)upsells to get lounge , so no Amb booking Corner Suite keeps room, as higher suites are on exclusion list, no upgrade no foc lounge

o Much simpler, better, Amb should simply book a Club Room, then Amb gets +1cat to Corner Suite keeping lounge access ... (Of course IC BKK can simply not upgrade and give Amb a measley 10k points in lieu )
Should I conclude that at this property, Amb should not book Exec room because you effectively end up not getting an upgrade because one category above is club, but you would not get club? Additionally, Amb should also not book Corner Suite because one category above is Club Suite, and once again Amb will not get Club access so it's a waste.

Did I get this right?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by escape4
Should I conclude that at this property, Amb should not book Exec room because you effectively end up not getting an upgrade because one category above is club, but you would not get club? Additionally, Amb should also not book Corner Suite because one category above is Club Suite, and once again Amb will not get Club access so it's a waste.

Did I get this right?
Yes.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by escape4

Did I get this right?
The best way to approach this is to have both IHG credit cards (if you are US based) and be an Ambassador ($200 annual fee). Thus, when booking on points in 4-nights blocks, your cost goes down to 24K IHG points per night. Then buy up to a suite which will come with the IC Club access - total cost ~ $220 including the dreaded ++ on the cash portion.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:41 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Kalboz
The best way to approach this is to have both IHG credit cards (if you are US based) and be an Ambassador ($200 annual fee). Thus, when booking on points in 4-nights blocks, your cost goes down to 24K IHG points per night. Then buy up to a suite which will come with the IC Club access - total cost ~ $220 including the dreaded ++ on the cash portion.
Thanks for the tip! Are you sure it's 24k per night? I see rooms at 40k per night for various dates, with 4th night free that would bring the cost down to 30k per night. Did points redemptions recently increase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.