Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sweets61250
NOTE: They did not clarify regarding the Executive Deluxe room and on my emailing again, I got the following reply:

We are pleased to inform you that after you get upgrade the member status to Royal Ambassador Member you can get the room upgrading once you book an Executive Deluxe room you can choose either one of 02 options as below detail.

Form Executive Deluxe room will be upgraded to Club Intercontinental room with Club Benefits.
Form Executive Deluxe room will be upgraded to Club Corner Suite room with Executive Deluxe benefits.
Honestly, if you are an RA and just care for club benefits you would be unwise to spent extra money on an Executive Deluxe room. Your upgrade will be the same then for an Ambassador in that case. Just stick to Grand deluxe and get Club room. The rooms furnishings and main features are the same in all rooms (Grand Del, Exec Del, Club) , only differences are minor layout variations, view and floor.

Now if an Amb is staying there then the Exec Deluxe room makes very much sense as it will get you an upgrade to a Club room with Club benfits for less $$$ then paying for a Club room outright (which would get you a Club Corner Suite).
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
free club if you book & stay before the end of January 2011

Saw this via Twitter:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...46328572089590
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: CI: Emer; CX: Sliver; DL: PM; PC: RA;
Originally Posted by libr
I heard (reliable source) that the hotel is planning to replace the old LCD screens with LED ones
well, there is no such LED TV for home use.
it is actually LCD TV with LED backlight (either RGB LED or White LED)
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
hmm...the rates are same as best flex. i'd much rather use f&f which is cheaper and will include a better upgrade
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
hmm...the rates are same as best flex. i'd much rather use f&f which is cheaper and will include a better upgrade
This hotel's F&F rates have been increased by about 2,000 baht in each category. regualr room rates have been increased as well.

with these increases, the hotel is not competitive with other hotels of its rating in BKK.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SethLevy
This hotel's F&F rates have been increased by about 2,000 baht in each category. regualr room rates have been increased as well.

with these increases, the hotel is not competitive with other hotels of its rating in BKK.
I just checked and I have to agree. 7.1K THB for a best flex rate for a basic Grand Deluxe room is Hyatt regular room rate territory and there are now so many other great high-end properties around (and more coming online) where you can stay for the same or less that this will likely hurt them.

The Adv. purchase rate is now around 5.6K THB which used to be Best Flex rate territory for a Grand Deluxe room. Not smart but okay I guess they think they can fill the place. For now they still keep my business as our corp rate is sill very, very good but once that changes I will also be more selective.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by demue
I just checked and I have to agree. 7.1K THB for a best flex rate for a basic Grand Deluxe room is Hyatt regular room rate territory and there are now so many other great high-end properties around (and more coming online) where you can stay for the same or less that this will likely hurt them.

The Adv. purchase rate is now around 5.6K THB which used to be Best Flex rate territory for a Grand Deluxe room. Not smart but okay I guess they think they can fill the place. For now they still keep my business as our corp rate is sill very, very good but once that changes I will also be more selective.
Just checked the hyatt and my corp rate there is 4.5k for reg rm. but i like the conrad, just checked my dates, standard rate is 6.1k and advance purchase/sale rate is 4.8k with breakfast (and as gold should get club).

I guess the hotel thinks they can fill the rooms at the higher rates. good luck to them
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm just curious about the difference of a Club Suite or a Club Corner Suite. Does IC Bangkok has this difference and which might be higher level?

ok found this information now. Not sure if rooms are in correct order:

No
Room m² Person

Grande Deluxe 225 45 2+1 CV
Executive Deluxe 40 45 2+1 CV
Club InterContinental 77 45 2+1 CV
Corner Suite 6 67 3/2+2 CV
Club InterContinental Suite 7 67 3/2+2 CV
Premier Suite 2 70 3/2+2 CV
Ambassador Suite 2 100 3/2+2 CV
Diplomatic Suite 1 150 3/2+2 CV
Royal Suite 1 250 3/2+2 CV

Last edited by fred8ab; Feb 12, 2011 at 3:11 pm Reason: update
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: Intercontinental RA, PC Plat, AX EX Plat, Priority Pass Elite
Staying at the IC Bangkok. Was told I received a 2 level upgrade with my RA status. Booked a deluxe room and received a club room with club benefits. ^
Old Feb 19, 2011, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by stephen77
Staying at the IC Bangkok. Was told I received a 2 level upgrade with my RA status. Booked a deluxe room and received a club room with club benefits. ^
That's the standard RA upgrade from a Grand Deluxe room when staying at this property. You also could have chosen a Corner Suite upgrade but without Club access.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Originally Posted by gunlie
I just checked out from IC BKK this afternoon from a two nights stay. Was upgraded from executive deluxe to club room with all benefits. I had a cheap F&F rate.

Fantastic service from the staff at the lounge...
Does anyone have any recent experience as an ambassador on a F&F rate? I have booked two executive deluxe rooms and per the hotel reservations team, F&F is non-upgradable.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by slickalick
Does anyone have any recent experience as an ambassador on a F&F rate? I have booked two executive deluxe rooms and per the hotel reservations team, F&F is non-upgradable.
So you were hoping for Club rooms then right? Well the IC BKK does not upgrade F&F rates from what I have heard (not that I used it ever myself there as I stay on a corp rate, but friends did) unless maybe you put up a heck of a fight.

If you don't need some of the Exec Room benefits then check what the difference between Grand deluxe and your rate is and maybe consider booking the cheaper room category. The only really valuable thing with the Exec room is the internet. The room itself is pretty much the same all the way from Grand Deluxe over Exec to Club room. Just floor and orientation of the room is different.

If your stay is no later than April 30 consider the HI BKK next door on a PB rate of 5K PC points only. (EDIT: which is gone by now)

Last edited by demue; Mar 4, 2011 at 4:09 am
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:29 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'm pissed off with the IC BKK. My chosen room was not available before 18:00. Offered another room as an interim when arriving at 15:00 but the dislocation to self and friends who I was meeting was substantial given I had to do the room swap at 18:00. The Club reception staff tried to offer a room that was not booked ( ie smoking) and I had to be quite firm in my rejection of that. The hotel was full for the weekend and were clearly struggling with accommodating everyone.

I booked a month ago on a refundable rate (Club).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:34 pm

if I have booked a standard room at the IC. What would be the special price to upgrade to the club floor (or just have access to club) at checkin for ambassadors? I read on tripadvisor that the fee to upgrade to club at checkin was 600 THB (about 20 usd).....but that sounds way too low!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: IHG, BA
If I remember right, I *think* it is about 2000 THB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.