Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mister__big
Andrea has left IC BKK? That's too bad since she was my favorite club lounge staff. Hopefully she's moved onto bigger and better things.
What was her last name?
Old May 2, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by mister__big
Andrea has left IC BKK? That's too bad since she was my favorite club lounge staff. Hopefully she's moved onto bigger and better things.
I agree, she was absolutly great.

My understanding is that she moved to Austria and is working in the Kempinski now together with her partner.

They have a new german language speaker in the club now who replaced her.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: SQ
Any idea what a PA will get upgraded to when using a BOGO and booking the 1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL SUITE?

It just suddenly came to my mind that instead of two nights at the Peninsula in a regular room for $500, I could stay in a massive suite for $500 since I'll be there at the weekend.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Any idea what a PA will get upgraded to when using a BOGO and booking the 1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL SUITE?
They do have suites that cannot be booked online, I expect you'll get one of these.

The last unbookable room I had was the Ambassador Suite, a few doors away from the Royal Suite, from memory it's on the 35th Floor but I cannot be certain. It was years ago.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
Do RA's get free internet here.
Posted using free in room wi-fi.

Complimentary high speed internet access:
User Name = room number
Password. = surname

The welcome letter states We recommend smart casusal attire for visits to Club InterContinental. Kindly note slippers and flip flops are not allowed.

I have always been amazed that guests are allowed to visit the lounge immediately after a gym visit, wearing sweaty shorts and a t-shirt.

Nice to be here again, but no welcome drink voucher this time.
Club guests can choose to have breakfast downstairs, I'm not sure if this was a kind gesture or a new policy.

Check in was quick and efficient at 7am

Mini bar is full and so is the spirit drawer.
Welcome gift = Teddy Bear and bottle of Jacob's Creek.

Last edited by midnight; May 11, 2012 at 9:26 am
Old May 11, 2012, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by midnight

User Name = room number
Password. = surname

The welcome letter states We recommend smart casusl attire for visits to Club InterContinental. Kindly note slippers and flip flops are not allowed.

I have always been amazed that guests are allowed to visit the lounge immediately after a gym visit, wearing sweaty shorts and a t-shirt.

Club guests can choose to have breakfast downstairs, but I'm not sure if this was a kind gesture or a new policy.

Check in was quick and efficient at 7am.

I completely agree, proper attire in the lounge should be a must. We have been there twice now and always in smart casual attire. It also makes you feel good.
Old May 11, 2012, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver

User Name = room number
Password. = surname

The welcome letter states We recommend smart casusal attire for visits to Club InterContinental. Kindly note slippers and flip flops are not allowed.

Club guests can choose to have breakfast downstairs, I'm not sure if this was a kind gesture or a new policy.

Check in was quick and efficient at 7am

Mini bar is full and so is the spirit drawer.
Welcome gift = Teddy Bear and bottle of Jacob's Creek.
Arrived yesterday - got two welcome drink vouchers. Everything else exactly as you describe it.
Old May 12, 2012, 6:50 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Arrived yesterday - got two welcome drink vouchers. Everything else exactly as you describe it.
Sam here but didn't feel the need to use them with the free mini-bar and club lounge drinks
Old May 12, 2012, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khalid26
Sam here but didn't feel the need to use them with the free mini-bar and club lounge drinks
I think those free drinks voucher are useful if you have guests you want to entertain in the lobby. Can these be used in the lobby bar?
Old May 12, 2012, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I think those free drinks voucher are useful if you have guests you want to entertain in the lobby. Can these be used in the lobby bar?
Yes, they're meant for use in the Lobby Lounge. Read the conditions because not all beverages can be ordered with the voucher.

By the way reception staff confirmed all in room alcohol is free, but no snacks.

So far I have consumed one small bottle of Evian water
Old May 12, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, they're meant for use in the Lobby Lounge. Read the conditions because not all beverages can be ordered with the voucher.

By the way reception staff confirmed all in room alcohol is free, but no snacks.

So far I have consumed one small bottle of Evian water
Thanks Midnight, my sister and my niece will be with me and I plan to use the vouchers for them maybe after dinner or so.
Old May 13, 2012, 4:58 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
You can always guest them into the lounge as well.
Old May 13, 2012, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khalid26
You can always guest them into the lounge as well.
I did that a few years ago by just giving the staff about 300 Baht as a thank you. They were ok with that. Not sure what the regular charge is to bring in a guest. They will be staying next door at the HI.
Old May 13, 2012, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
I did that a few years ago by just giving the staff about 300 Baht as a thank you. They were ok with that. Not sure what the regular charge is to bring in a guest. They will be staying next door at the HI.
Watch out for Julia's Teutonic governance of the rules! Just kidding - she seems very pleasant.
Old May 13, 2012, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just checked in at 8:00am this morning and my King Club was ready. ^

PM me if anyone wants to meet in the club and talk travel.

Or down in the lobby bar. I have to use these coupon, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.