Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I have had them on the high floors but there can be a lot of noise in vicinity some nights and I find that the corner suites overlook noisy areas.

When I do stay at that hotel, I book a room such that I can get an executive suite
What room do you need to book to get this?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I booked a corner suite and was originally upgraded to a "suite" which was essentially one large room. I was rather unimpressed and after expressing my displeasure was upgraded to an Exec Suite. The corner unite was the highest category on sale online at the time.

I really would not go out of my way to stay at this property again given better Hilton and Starwod offerings in the City.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I really would not go out of my way to stay at this property again given better Hilton and Starwod offerings in the City.
I'm not sure which Hilton you are referring to, but the IC runs circles around the Millenium Hilton.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I'm not sure which Hilton you are referring to, but the IC runs circles around the Millenium Hilton.
And around the Conrad as well.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Odd view. But I suppose it's a good thing that folk DO have different tastes, different values.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by Savage25
And around the Conrad as well.
I second that opinion after a mediocre stay at the Conrad and an excellent one at the IC. Better location and much better service at the IC, although I prefer the understated decoration of the Conrad. IC's opulent decoration seems to draw many wealthy middle eastern and Indian families.

Last edited by cardesigner2000; Jan 3, 2013 at 8:13 am
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Staying in BKK next week and choose Suite upgrade to Club Access. I never really been a fan for Club access. What do you guys see in them? Not a big drinker so a club really has nothing extra for me.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Staying in BKK next week and choose Suite upgrade to Club Access. I never really been a fan for Club access. What do you guys see in them? Not a big drinker so a club really has nothing extra for me.
I am not a big drinker as well (actually only drink water and Diet Coke). Still, I love clubs for quiet atmosphere, staff, breakfast and evening food).
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I am not a big drinker as well (actually only drink water and Diet Coke). Still, I love clubs for quiet atmosphere, staff, breakfast and evening food).
I'm with you here Nicolas. Besides, when travelling alone I don't like to go out eating, so usually eat, read a book or work in the lounge. It's nice not to sit alone at my room every evening.

Xxx.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Well, travelling alone I don't see much value in a suite. Just makes me feel a tad more lonely RA-ship usually means I get a pretty decent bedroom anyway, and I enjoy using the club as a sitting-room attached to it.

That the sitting-room comes with food and drink, and a few other humans, is a bonus. (OK some of those humans I can live without .....)
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by no-backpacker
I'm with you here Nicolas. Besides, when travelling alone I don't like to go out eating, so usually eat, read a book or work in the lounge. It's nice not to sit alone at my room every evening.

Xxx.
+1
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Yeah I see you your point. I normally prefer to relax in the room only or eat out. But a recent stay at Paris the club was really handy as I was with family so we all got evening snacks and breakfast for free which saved us quite a bit.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
BKK has great views from the lounge, as well as a decent selection of food. I take lounge over the suite, but that is always the case. The BKK lounge is pretty good by IC standards..... Pretty spacious.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
IC Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

It has been a while since I have been here but I can see several changes have taken place right now.

The lounge is now open 0600 to 2300 only and the buffet during breakfast, tea and happy hour is more style than substance, at least that is my feeling.

Otherwise standard upgrade from club room to club corner suite, 2 free drink vouchers, 700 THB voucher for Spa and the gift is back to the Elephant toy (I liked the teddy bears better).

There are some cut backs visible in the amount of club staff, the quality of towels and room service does no longer operate after 2300.

I also noticed that instead of the welcome letter for the club there is now a flyer outlining the benefits and I did not get the usual card from the GM welcoming me back.

Also I can't see any of the previous great staff around now but the current one is great in the club and I got a email from the lobby manager welcoming me and telling me to contact her in case of questions.

So overall so far a good stay.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by sven60035
and I did not get the usual card from the GM welcoming me back.

Also I can't see any of the previous great staff around now but the current one is great in the club and I got a email from the lobby manager welcoming me and telling me to contact her in case of questions.
I was there a week ago or so and got the usual card from the GM and saw the same old staff as always. However I had an incident with a new server in the club who spilled some coffee creme on my silk pants. The hotel doesn't seem to want to reimburse me, instead offering a suite on my next stay or a limo. I said neither has much value to me, and certainly nowhere near the value of the pants. Plus I have no idea of when I will be back. So basically zero compensation for ruining an expensive pair of pants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.