Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by stimpy
I just checked in at 8:00am this morning and my King Club was ready. ^

PM me if anyone wants to meet in the club and talk travel.

Or down in the lobby bar. I have to use these coupon, right?
You are more than welcome to join me for the happy hour at the Le Meridien tonight.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by holtju2
You are more than welcome to join me for the happy hour at the Le Meridien tonight.
It's a nice hotel and I've stayed there several times, and I was over in Patpong last night to watch the unbelievable end to the EPL season, however I think I'm going to stay closer to here this evening.

How long are you in town?
Old May 14, 2012, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's a nice hotel and I've stayed there several times, and I was over in Patpong last night to watch the unbelievable end to the EPL season, however I think I'm going to stay closer to here this evening.

How long are you in town?
Stimpy not sure if you've tried it, but the Charm Thai in the HI next door is very good if you just want to stay local. My wife is Thai, and we popped in there last week - she was impressed (so was I).
Old May 14, 2012, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
Stimpy not sure if you've tried it, but the Charm Thai in the HI next door is very good if you just want to stay local. My wife is Thai, and we popped in there last week - she was impressed (so was I).
No I haven't, but I did try the great Brunch deal at Cafe G yesterday. I ate so much it was the only meal I needed that day. I'm not sure if that is healthy, but the food was so good I kept going back. Only 249bh++ - 10% if you are PC elite staying at the hotel.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Mini bar

If I consume the alcoholic beverages from the mini bar do I have to leave the empty bottles in the room?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
If I consume the alcoholic beverages from the mini bar do I have to leave the empty bottles in the room?
No, but if you consumed them in the room, why would you not just leave the empty bottles in the room?

In other words, the mini bar beverage are free whether consumed in the room (or, as I do, taken home with me, or to my next hotel where I do not have free bar).
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SethLevy
No, but if you consumed them in the room, why would you not just leave the empty bottles in the room?

In other words, the mini bar beverage are free whether consumed in the room (or, as I do, taken home with me, or to my next hotel where I do not have free bar).
Perfect you answered my questions
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

According to the terms, they are not free if you choose to take them away with you when you leave

as it says in the terms "for in-room consumption by member only "
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
According to the terms, they are not free if you choose to take them away with you when you leave

So that means I consume in the room but decide to discard the bottles myself that's not a gOod idea? Do the terms also state that he empty consumed bottles must be disposed of in the room itself?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Yeah right, ok, sure
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So that means I consume in the room but decide to discard the bottles myself that's not a gOod idea? Do the terms also state that he empty consumed bottles must be disposed of in the room itself?
You know the answer. So why ask again for people on FT to make up stories? The only thing you need to know in bkk they replenish twice a day^
Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:18 am

Was anybody ever charged taking the empty bottles? In china you can get significant amounts of money for empty bottles of premium alcohol.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Was anybody ever charged taking the empty bottles? In china you can get significant amounts of money for empty bottles of premium alcohol.
As it is well known why there is a market in PRC for empty wine and premium alcohol bottles, I really hope no one has done this.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know the answer. So why ask again for people on FT to make up stories? The only thing you need to know in bkk they replenish twice a day^
I am sorry to cause a commotion.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: IHG
Currently sat in Club Lounge and would be delighted to share a drink with any lurking FT'er as the rain bangs against the windows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.