Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
My stay on March 8-9 @ HIX was just posted
Edit 1: I got an email that showing my progress and it shows what I got, but checked the Big Win website, nothing yet.
Edit 2: So today the points was posted in the big win website but not in my account yet.

Stay a total of 5 nights
Stay at different brands
Stay Saturday nights

BUT NO...
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels (Stayed @ HIX)
Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device (so far only 1)

This coming weekend I will be staying at HI with Flex Rate and Breakfast!

Last edited by BRAISKI; Mar 19, 2014 at 8:44 pm
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:05 am

I have now completed all challenges but still no credit for survey or "book with IHG". Now what? Wait?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by scootr29
I have completed everything but 2 of my stays that I booked on IHG.com back in January have not posted....I talked to IHG and they said I am good, but they are aware of the Big Win not updating. Waiting and seeing...
Same situation here. I filled out a missing points request and they replied (quickly) that they know about the problem and are working on it "around the clock". I don't think they are actually working through the night. I think they just have a big clock in the middle of the cubicles.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by BigE
Same situation here. I filled out a missing points request and they replied (quickly) that they know about the problem and are working on it "around the clock". I don't think they are actually working through the night. I think they just have a big clock in the middle of the cubicles.
LOL! Good one. It's super frustrating... a huge corp like this can't get this rectified in a timely fashion. I'd like to redeem - but until all the points come in, can't do it. Sad
Old Mar 18, 2014, 5:57 pm

Same here. I completed all, the only missing credit is 100 points for the survey. On my Big Win it shows survey as completed, but the points are not in my account.

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I have now completed all challenges but still no credit for survey or "book with IHG". Now what? Wait?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
would like to check whether staying at 2 holiday inn resort qualifies the ''stay at 2 holiday inn'' challenge
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by BBxCoreb
would like to check whether staying at 2 holiday inn resort qualifies the ''stay at 2 holiday inn'' challenge
There is a chance it won't, I stayed at Holiday Inn Express and it didn't count, now I need to do a MR just to finish my Big Win.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Amb, Radisson Gold
Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are different brands.
Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Resorts - the same.

BTW, I was staying in 2 different properties in Paris last weekend, which satisfied "Live the city life" challenge (Stay at 2 of the following locations below).

Last edited by Uglook; Mar 19, 2014 at 6:24 am Reason: BTW
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Uglook
BTW, I was staying in 2 different properties in Paris last weekend, which satisfied "Live the city life" challenge (Stay at 2 of the following locations below).
Really? Because my T&C says that if I stay at two places in the same city, it only counts as one. I guess I will notice myself, since I am staying at Crowne Plaza Republique this week and Le Grand last weekend. Both are part of the hotel list of my "Live the city life" offer.

From my T&C:

Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be rewarded after stays at required number of distinct cities from the following list of cities.

Only one hotel stay per distinct city will be reward towards this offer.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Amb, Radisson Gold
Same for me, had a pleasant surprise
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:48 am

Just a bit frustrated that it takes 13 days for Wednesday stays to show up in the Big Win tally board. A Wednesday stay doesn't post until Monday and then it is too late for the board updates which run Sunday's info and post on Tuesday.

Correction: The Wednesday stay last week did post today, including the 2 mobile app stays for which I did use the mobile app. The points shown on the Big Win Board have yet to post in my account however.

Wondering if I should just retake the survey and see if it shows up on the Big Win board.

Last edited by tom_MN; Mar 19, 2014 at 11:58 am
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Still haven't seen a "completed" banner on my IHG cc stay yet. He stay itself has posted for all the other activities it qualified for - Sat night stay, Holiday Inn stay, general stay but it hasn't ticked off my IHG credit card stay. Annoying and I've emailed to no avail. Been a month.

Anyone else having trouble getting credit for the cc requirement?
Exact same problem for me. All my activities and wins have posted correctly except for 'pay for your stay with Rewards Club credit card' and 'booking via an IHG website or mobile device' - neither of which show any activity at all despite tasks now being fully completed
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI
My stay on March 8-9 @ HIX was just posted
Edit 1: I got an email that showing my progress and it shows what I got, but checked the Big Win website, nothing yet.
Edit 2: So today the points was posted in the big win website but not in my account yet.

Stay a total of 5 nights
Stay at different brands
Stay Saturday nights

BUT NO...
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotels (Stayed @ HIX)
Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device (so far only 1)

This coming weekend I will be staying at HI with Flex Rate and Breakfast!
So the points showed up in my account now.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: All of Them
Well documented by now, but same frustration for me as well: book 2 stays through IHG hotel website or mobile app and I've done 5 since January. None have shown up. Just silly.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I am pretty new to IHG. Started staying at IHG during last 2013 BIG WIN. I booked cheap staycations. I also have the Chase IHG Visa which gives me PLAT Status.

In 2013 BW, I was given breakfast vouchers at HI and CP that I booked.

In 2014 BW, I have asked for breakfast vouchers at the same HI and CP, and I was told that IHG just changed the T&C and no more breakfast vouchers for PLAT. I have had to "negotiate", eventually getting them.

So was I lucky before, or have they indeed changed the T&C.

I am always given an upgrade, and choice of welcome amenity, usually go for the bonus points, 500-1000. I have also been given appetizer or drink vouchers, so very thankful. But I would prefer complimentary breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.