Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Really? It might be if you try to go around what they are saying, but I don't see any problems with any of my offers. If it says book BFR with breakfast, I do that, not any other one called something flexible etc. if it says stay at two HI hotels, I stay at two Hi hotels, not the same one twice etc...

It's really not that hard I think.

Totally agree, to many wanting too earn points without putting in the intended effort and following the tasks blurb which is reasonably clear.

See also , to me silly questions/complaints, on Stay nn Cities tasks where some want to stay different hotels in same city.

I think 4Q2013 made things confusing has had two similar but diffent city tasks 'live in a city' multiple hotels in cities allowed and 'live the city life' needing multiple cities stays.

For 1Q2014 I am only aware of the task 'live the city life' needing multiple cities which I have again.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by VacationCat
Same issue here! Did survey in early Jan, 100 points were posted right away but then "disappeared" few days later. On Big Win screen, survey is marked completed but didn't count towards the completed challenges. Contacted IHG, they gave me back the 100 points but no effect/change on Big Win! On top of this, it's the IHG Mobile App Booking issue everyone else seems to be having! The Big Win is indeed the Biggest Headache!! I'm ready to abandon it altogether, just too much hassle and too much time wasted dealing with IHG!!
My mobile apps posted fairly quick (in actual stay posting and credit toward the BW14 promos) however, I have credit on the BW14 page for the survey but I never took it. Otherwise, I've met all the criteria for my part of the promo. I've written to IHG to get credit for the final BW piece or tell me what I have left to do. It's now up to them to tell me.

I agree, this is the Big Headache
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I've written to IHG to get credit for the final BW piece or tell me what I have left to do.
What do you use to write to them, the regular missing points form? Couldn't find a "Contact Us" on the bigwin site.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:18 am

Anyone knows how to book best flexible rate with breakfast at HIX? I find out that all the HIXs already have breakfast included. Does it mean I have to book this one at different brands?
Also, it seems like the credit for mobile booking won't posted on the big win tracker. it is just me?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by yindelong
Anyone knows how to book best flexible rate with breakfast at HIX? I find out that all the HIXs already have breakfast included. Does it mean I have to book this one at different brands?
Exactly!
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Flamewing
Exactly!
Thx! I guess I have to wait till I get to Bangkok next month.

And I still have not figured out about the mobile booking one
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by glynot
What do you use to write to them, the regular missing points form? Couldn't find a "Contact Us" on the bigwin site.
Yes and then in the drop down, I use the missing points due to Promo drop down
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Yes and then in the drop down, I use the missing points due to Promo drop down
I did this 2 weeks ago and havent heard a thing poor customer service. Wish I would have read these forums better before swithing to IHG
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, PC Spire, Amex Reserve, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yindelong
Also, it seems like the credit for mobile booking won't posted on the big win tracker. it is just me?
That rate is not applicable to the HIE brand at least here in the US. I found it easily by staying at a Holiday Inn Property. Suggest you make a stay at a HI and you will easily be able to achieve your goal.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 1fan
I did this 2 weeks ago and havent heard a thing poor customer service. Wish I would have read these forums better before swithing to IHG
They always refer "Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for points or miles to be bla bla bla...." as their excuses.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Originally Posted by sam
Has anyone had Big Win points for the Priority Club Visa credited yet? This is my final challenge and is worth 10k plus 48k for completing them all. I completed the stay (booked and paid for with the Priority Club Visa) in Jan and the regular points have credited but not yet the Big Win points. I contacted IHG and they said to wait 4 - 6 weeks. It has actually been > 6 weeks since the stay now
My first stay (Jan 4th) was paid with my PC Visa, bonus points credited within about 10 days. Definitely an issue if the points didn't post. Having said that, it was also my only Crowne Plaza stay, and it took about 6 weeks for the brand to count for Big Win points, so I don't know what's going on...
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i made bookings thru the website and stayed twice over a month ago at holiday inns,but still have not seen the book with ihg (ihg hotel website or mob device booking) post..
is this problem still not fixed-any ideas what to do?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
i made bookings thru the website and stayed twice over a month ago at holiday inns,but still have not seen the book with ihg (ihg hotel website or mob device booking) post..
is this problem still not fixed-any ideas what to do?
No-ones "Book with IHG" promotion seems to be tracking. I'm holding tight, as other people have indicated further up the thread that IHG are aware and alledgedly trying to fix.

Not sure why this is causing them so many issues as tracking for the same challlenge in Q4 2013 worked no issues.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
No-ones "Book with IHG" promotion seems to be tracking.
Now I feel like I should avoid going through cashback sites just to be safe, but 8% back is a lot to give up...
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by glynot
Now I feel like I should avoid going through cashback sites just to be safe, but 8% back is a lot to give up...
Nothing is posting for me under Book with IHG (mobile app, IHG, cashback), so there's no reason (yet) to suspect a problem with using cashback websites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.